REP POINTS, CUSTOMIZED TITLES, and GROUP NAMES

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right i have over 50 but how do i send a rep point, what do i do this has been my serch

On the post that you think is worthy of a point, just simply click on the little green (+) on the persons reputation bar. That will take you to ascreen to make a comment to the person such as "Great Job", then just hit ok. But make sure you are giving them + or -. There is a little choice box at the bottom and if you change or mind or something, this is where it will be done. Just try it out.

~P

i think that everything arnie does counts as a post... or he hax them... :D

Since there were so many people spamming. The Moderators up'd their post count. So basically, subtract the first three numbers and you have their post count. Global mods have 200,000+ to their post count, and Arnie has 500,000 added to his post count. The only Mods not effected by this are Rhino, Elrey, and Shao14.

~P

• 3 months later...
And how about the 'Group' name?

Right, I need to edit the title to add that in here as well.

The default group is Member after you validate your regisitration process. One moves up to Forum Regular after 1000 post count and 50 net postivie rep points (or maybe it's 100? can't remember for sure). If one donates anything to this site, Arnie will put him/her in Arnaholic. If one becomes a mod of any part of the site, well, then he/she will be in the corresponding mod group.

There is some advantage to the more advanced group types such as higher server space for uploading files and/or access to areas that are accessible for the Member group, but nothing too important for normal participation in the forum, except for the mods who enjoy the power of banning members. muhahahaa :Dr_Evil:

Ooo...interesting thought just came to me.

Why not make the Rep thing so that people can't negative rep others until 100 posts. That would be a way to make sure that all noobish impulses will be almost gone by then and they can think properly.

Postive can still be 50 though :D

• 2 months later...

I myself feel,that needing 50+ posts to give someone a +1 for good service is a bit unfair. What difference does having 50+ posts really make?,how does this mean that im now any better of a member to give rep points.It just strikes me as a strange way to work it.

What if like myself you choose not to post rubbish posts(not saying this means everyone).

I myself feel,that needing 50+ posts to give someone a +1 for good service is a bit unfair. What difference does having 50+ posts really make?,how does this mean that im now any better of a member to give rep points.It just strikes me as a strange way to work it.

What if like myself you choose not to post rubbish posts(not saying this means everyone).

What difference do rep points make?

Arnie has pointed out time and time again they are not to be taken as seriously as individuals seem to. He introduced the system originally to ensure a positive feedback system for traders, but it rapidly became misused by just about everyone.

As a result your rep points are totally meaningless. You can tell far more about the individual through the content of their posts rather than the random amount of points others have decided to reward them with.

Also, someone who has posted 50 times in the main discussion areas without being banned is less likely to spam the system with UTTER rubbish (as opposed to the normal rubbish), saving the mods from having to clean it up. Otherwise, some spammer could sign up and post junk in everyone's rep and annoy pretty much everyone.

:zorro:

Also, someone who has posted 50 times in the main discussion areas without being banned is less likely to spam the system with UTTER rubbish (as opposed to the normal rubbish), saving the mods from having to clean it up. Otherwise, some spammer could sign up and post junk in everyone's rep and annoy pretty much everyone.

:zorro:

Thanks Sledge,you've made that a lot clearer to me.Makes a lot of sense now. :)

Cheers

• 10 months later...

how come i cant give rep points, i dont even have the same bar on my profile? and whats with the blue squares under it? i havnt had any bad rep and it says warn, whats that about? and iv got much more than 50 posts.

no ones rep bar seems to look like mine, why?

how come i cant give rep points, i dont even have the same bar on my profile? and whats with the blue squares under it? i havnt had any bad rep and it says warn, whats that about? and iv got much more than 50 posts.

no ones rep bar seems to look like mine, why?

Oh my.

You are looking at the wrong one, that's why.

The reputation bar has (strangely enough) "Reputation: ---- " written above it, and a + & - on either side.

You are looking at the warning bar, which I assume would show you your warning status if you had gotten any, which you haven't.

It's all common sense.

Your rep bar looks different cos its not got the + and - buttons on either side, cos giving yourself rep would just be silly. The warning system is a separate entity, only you and the mods can see your warn record which is why you can't see anyone elses. To give a rep point you click on the box to the side of someone's rep bar with the + on it for a positive rep, and the box with the - for a negative rep. If you don't have + and - buttons something's gone runny in the forums magic.