Build is solid...internals are TM I believe...looks like TM...shoots like TM...has broken yet...so maybe TM :P

Rob15,

Misquote...misedit.

The internals are not TM. When I first got it, I took a look at the internals they are not TM parts.

I was digging the STAR UMP all weekend until I noticed a sudden fall in fps (stock parts was giving me a very steady 275ish fps, .25g bb, 8.4v 1200mAh). As soon as I took a look, I noticed one of the tabs on the sping guide had cracked off (stock has no bearings). I also checked the cylinder head and noticed it had a nice crack to it as well. Lastly, the bearing (all plastic) on the sector gear had cracked in half.

I admit, this is my first V3 gearbox and I may have re-assembled it incorrectly to cause this kind of failure. I noticed the spring on the anti-reversal latch was awfully hard (more than I expected) and was a bit tough to put together (it kept on pushing the bevel gear off the bearing). Also, I did not re-attach the stopper rail.

My internals were awfully "dirty" when I first received the gun. The lubrication was excessive...at least I thought it was. Thinking back, I should have given it a good cleaning and re-lube before firing it (I don't think a cleaning would have prevented a cracked cylinder head).

I'm replacing the damaged internals with a HurricanE tune up kit (also my first using a HurricanE kit...hope they are as good as other FTK's). If anyone wants pics (of the damaged parts as well) or tutorials, I'll do my best to post here.

• 6 months later...

This isnt strictly about the UMP but about the case it comes in, is it the same as the STAR rifle case that you can buy which measures 850mm x 285mm x 135mm?

If so other than the UMP can u realistically fit anything else in it, like a g36K with the stock folded? was idly wondering if I could fit that and a UMP in the case.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

The measurements are good, I'd say that it's smaller (in length, about 800mm).

To all UMP users, what kind of battery do you use, I never managed to make mine shoot more than a hundread rounds with my 9.6V 600mAh battery, and I really don't want to buy the $48 Sanyo battery :S

Is it a motor problem, it looks pretty cheap...

Thanks

Edited by Raptor3388