M1 Garand

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

naw it wont do the <ping> cuz.. the Clip is a plasitic..

Not like the real Garands with the Metal Clips.

So you're saying... if they made metal clips... it would eject with a ping?

It's disappointing to hear that it doesn't ping, but hopefully they'll release metal clips in the future.

Edited by Beta
I am about 80% possitive that the "ping" from the real garand could be field modified.  I could be wrong, but from what I was told, cutting part of the clip would get rid of the ping.

But why in gods name would you want to get rid of the ping? :P

*Joins the mob*

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!!

But why in gods name would you want to get rid of the ping? :P

*Joins the mob*

VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!!

Heh, well you wouldn't now. Back when it was used though, it would serve a good purpose of reminding the Germans that their enemy is reloading ;) . Just trying to defend the Marushin M1 Garand a little. As in it's not so unrealistic.

Certain plastics are less likely to deform when dropped on the ground (like when the clip flies out of the Garand). Metal would drive the cost up, and if potmetal is used, you wouldn't be able to reuse your clips for long.

Then again, from friends who have fired the Garand. You can't really hear the ping at all because guns tend to be loud when fired.

I'd like the ping though. You could probably figure out a way to get the ping back.