Experience With RedWolf Airsoft

Last week I went to RedWolf Airsoft's office and warehouse complex in Hong Kong. I am pleased to say that the customer service is top notch and the office is very organzied.

I went to RedWolf hoping to see a huge showroom full of custom and rare airsoft weapons. I opened the glass door, and was confronted by a short wall emblazoned with a big RedWolf Airsoft Logo on it. I looked around confused, because all I saw were half of the employees present busily processing airsoft orders.

27uy.th.jpg

As I glanced around, a tall asian man in buisness attire approached me and asked me If he could help me. I told him I wanted to buy some things that I saw on the website from the US. I told him I was looking for the Guarder Red-Dot ACOG, and he quickly retreated into his office to look for the product ID. He emerged soon thereafter, and told me they didn't carry it, but instead carried the exact product from the same factory under the name MilSpex.

He introduced himself as Paul Chu, and asked me to sit in his office, I showed him some things I wanted to buy on his laptop and he wrote them down. Then Paul asked me to follow him to see the warehouse, and man it is very large. I can see why they work efficiently in delivering their orders. There are dozens of rows of airsoft products and in the corner, there is a mini "custom parts fabrication" workshop. Everything in the rows are stacked neatly and grouped by special specifications.

44ss.th.jpg

As we walked around the many rows of airsoft goods, I asked him if he was the owner, and obviously Paul Chu turned out to be the owner. He replied "Yeah, I own RedWolf, no actually, I AM RedWolf, because that was my call sign when I still played." Now Paul Chu only plays at some big events like the Ash-Bash, which he attended. Now he enjoys playing golf, practicing in his office with his Ping putter.

12wy.th.jpg

77kg.th.jpg

I have never seen so many parts EVER in one place, I can assure you that they are one of the largest airsoft retailers. As we continuously traveled between his office and the warehouse space, I noticed that his employees would never stop working. One computer was next to the entrance of the warehouse space, was used to add new products. Suprisingly enough, every time I passed a new prodcut was being added after having its picture taken in a special booth.

52tz.th.jpg

89ha.th.jpg

99xq.th.jpg

Next to the computer that added prodcuts was a table where a techician modified airsoft weapons. Because RedWolf offers uprgrades, when you buy your gun, these techies work with the utmost care to install your spring or whatever it might be. They worked as if those guns were their own.

Later on, I asked Paul if I could look around in his meeting room, we entered and he turned on the light, and it was amazing, the enviroment is great for talking airsoft business; there were custom guns everywhere! Behind on a bookshelf lay many guns. I asked if I could see and hold some of them and Paul generously let me see them all. On the whiteboard, I saw different buisness strategies and flow charts.

60tb.th.jpg

Some of the most intriguing customs were the ones that were more than I could ever afford. One of them, an AirsoftSurgeon custom, was a gas Mossberg, its laser dot and flashlight were tuned precisely and the body was full metal with M4 LE stock. Another gun had a special box magazine that senses whenever you pull the trigger and automatically winds it for you.

After getting all the things I wanted, Paul gave me a discount, which he says applies to all walk-in customers. The discount is a real good one, and I suggest you visit yourself to find out how good it is. All I can say is the more you buy the better. I paid in HK dollar, however the good thing is they have all their prices in US funds for all of us Americans, so I'm quite confident you will be able to pay in USD.

Overall, I was impressed with the atmosphere and the efficiency of the employees. That morning, I called to see if they were open and I also asked if they had a specific M203 in stock, I asked some US Customs questions and the man who was on the phone replied with actually understandable english, which is amazing compared to some other airsoft stores I called (about 15).

37wh.th.jpg

NOTE: I am not affiliated with RedWolf, although it would be nice :lol:

There is a whole road, next to the Yau Ma Tei YMCA(Yes, YMCA has hotels in asia) called Kwong Wah. The whole street has many hobby stores, mostly airsoft. They are literally all next to each other. GunsNGuys, S3, Classic Army, Boom Arms (airsoft cafe), etc. Their prices are reasonable, but if you visit RedWolf I guarantee you will get a better deal due to discount. Be sure to mention "David Tsai".

And I can assure you that any order there is taken care of with utmost speed and reliablity.

Please don't pester me with YOUR bad experiences because I'm only sharing my opinons. Please relate to me because I am taking some of my own time to write this. My uncle passed away due to liver cancer the day after I visited RedWolf.

LIKE THEY SAY, YOU GOT TO SEE IT TO BELIEVE IT.

Thank you for your time,

David

Awesome post and awesome images. I believe I talked to Paul in the past when I started AirsoftNewYork and he stated he was originally from the New York area before moving to Hong Kong. I can't state whether or not that was the same Paul but I do believe so.

Only problem I have with RedWolf is whoever customizes their guns..don't always do a good job. I would say its about 50/50 with their upgrade reliability.

Yep thats right, Paul moved to Hong Kong ten years ago from New York. Yes its the same Paul. Except instead of airsofting alot, he golfs. If you guuys have any other questions please post.

I highly suggest visiting Hong Kong if you want airsoft convinence in many streets in the Mong Kok area.

Thanks for the kind words.

Heres a question..what happened to redwolfairsoft.com ?

"

MILSPEX

Designed to meet the toughest military standards, Milspex tactical gear is designed with usability and durability in mind. Our full line of products include Tactical Molded Holsters, Tactical Drop Leg Platforms, Assault Vests, Shot Gun & Squad Gun Slings, Magazine Pouches, and Camouflage Equipment.

You can find our products through these quality retailers:

Guns4Heroes Retail Outlets

Guns N Guys Retail Outlets

Tokyo Model Retail Outlets

RedWolf Airsoft Online Store

Crusader Retail Outlets

Bob's Sporting Goods Retail Outlets

Tactical Armor Inc

and many more...

This information page is under construction and we will soon present you our full line of products. Thank you for your interest in Milspex.

"

Heres a question..what happened to redwolfairsoft.com ?

"

MILSPEX

Designed to meet the toughest military standards, Milspex tactical gear is designed with usability and durability in mind.  Our full line of products include Tactical Molded Holsters, Tactical Drop Leg Platforms, Assault Vests, Shot Gun & Squad Gun Slings, Magazine Pouches, and Camouflage Equipment.

You can find our products through these quality retailers:

Guns4Heroes Retail Outlets

Guns N Guys Retail Outlets

Tokyo Model Retail Outlets

RedWolf Airsoft Online Store   <---- ?

Crusader Retail Outlets

Bob's Sporting Goods Retail Outlets

Tactical Armor Inc

and many more...

This information page is under construction and we will soon present you our full line of products.  Thank you for your interest in Milspex.

"

• 3 months later...

Nice review!

I'm going to HK in march 2006 again! :-) I was there in march 2004, but I didn't have time to visit RedWolf.

How did you get your stuff back to US? Did you fly them back yourself or did you send them back by post?

I'm planing to buy a lot of stuff so I wonder if there is any problem to fly with the airsoft stuff these days?

Just recieved an order from Redwolf (1x Systema MAX PTWS). Top notch. Excellent Customer service and fast shipping. Their 100% seizure free gaurantee worked for me. My package was check, but declared safe to enter the US (Yes, orange tip. No, trademark removal). Do not be fooled by the no TM removal for me. Systema PTW do not have real TMs. CA, ICS, TM, all the other companies will require some type of putty or tape.

They shipped my m14 yesterday, got it today. The front gas regulator thing was loose, but that was fixed with a grub screw. All in all, they got it to me fast, with intact trademarks, and for around $30 cheaper than I could get it in the states, highly recommended.