"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

To what lengths have you gone to capture a look inspired by a work of fiction? Either in the form of a custom gun, or a complete loadout, or perhaps a simple display. For most of us I think, a big part of airsoft is using our imagination. Mostly people imagine themselves in the role of a real person, but some dive in even further to capture the look of someone who will never be. If you're one of them then this thread is for you. Lets see your pictures inspired by books, TV, games, movies, or your something from your own imagination!

Here's a little something I put together for the girlfriend's birthday. It's a nod to Anita Blake Vampire Hunter (A series of books by Laurell K. Hamilton if you're not familiar). It's an Aristoff Robusto Extra cigar box with custom made fabric wrapped custom-cut foam lining, five silver-plated 9mm dummy rounds, and a Tanaka Browning Hi-Power Mk III Heavy Weight with mag (Anita's gun of choice). There's an extra spot on the right for an eventual extra magazine.

BrowningHP_001.jpg

BrowningHP_002.jpg

BrowningHP_003.jpg

BrowningHP_004.jpg

BrowningHP_005.jpg

BrowningHP_006.jpg

BrowningHP_007.jpg

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Staticzero, that's really pretty! Are the bullets plated with real silver?

Indeed they are. I bought them from Bullet Forge. Thye have solid silver and plated silver versions of a variety of calibers.

Staticzero that is one fine looking custom set :D Gives me inspiration to try and make a cool looking pistol storage case like that one.

And Agent Hunk, a nice Wesker look you have there :)

Thanks! :) It was pretty easy and inexpensive to make. Just a scrap of fabric, some flat foam, a bit of glue, and a cigar box I found on eBay for about $5. It was a fun project which I plan to repeat for some of my other guns.

I'm a HUGE fan of the Fox show 24, especially seasons 1 and 2, so that inspired me to make the Jack Bauer hand cannon, in fact my boss, the CEO of the company I work at took one look at the Sig 226 and tried to buy it off me as he's just as big of a fan. I refused, I couldn't give it up. It was at work because we were using it for a photoshoot for a webpage we were working on. But you gotta love it when a fellow fan goes weak in the knees over something as simple as a character's sidearm.

dsc000056fc.jpg

silencer6ca.jpg

dsc000048ji.jpg

Enzo, if only you could get me Jessica Alba from your animated gif you too sir would fulfill one of my REAL LIFE fantasies. lol.

But glad you liked it. Static, glad you dug the gun, yeah it's definately one of my favorite guns, when fitting the frame and slide the binding was so bad at first i thought I had paid almost 400 bucks for un-shootable CNC'd junk. As soon as I got everything fitting and sliding like greased lightning I was pretty happy, in fact I had a grin that would have made Jack Nicholson in Batman look tame by comparison.

As for how it shoots, when I first got all put together I thought that it was shooting pretty powerful, till I took it to AEX and had it chronoed, and got all sad that it only shot 309fps. At the time I was running Proud recoil and hammer springs. Since then I have tried the guarder 150 percent springs, i found the guarder 150 percent recoil spring made the time between firing and the slide returning to battery unbelievabely nutty fast, but it prevented the slide from locking back after the last round. So I run a Proud recoil spring, and a guarder 150 percent hammer spring, which ups the gas output. Combined with the PDI piston the gun now pushes around 330-340fps. I'm debating if I want to try to eek more power out of the gun with a set of KM high flow valves, at this point the gun is wicked accurate with the TN barrel, kicks pretty good, and is damn efficient gas wise. I've since swapped out my polished trigger and hammer for a set of Carom parts that have a finish closer to that of the slide. I'm hoping I can get a slide lock soon enough, mainly because the polished parts pick up dirty and finger prints REAL easy, so I'm sorta hesistant to handle the gun. But it's a damn nice gun. Sadly I wanted it to skirmish, but it came out so purdy like that it's going to remain a display/plinkin' gun. Right now it actually sits on the shelf behind my desk at work, right behind seasons 1 & 2 of 24 on DVD.

Here's a little something I put together for the girlfriend's birthday. It's a nod to Anita Blake Vampire Hunter (A series of books by Laurell K. Hamilton if you're not familiar). It's an Aristoff Robusto Extra cigar box with custom made fabric wrapped custom-cut foam lining, five silver-plated 9mm dummy rounds, and a Tanaka Browning Hi-Power Mk III Heavy Weight with mag (Anita's gun of choice). There's an extra spot on the right for an eventual extra magazine.

["Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

Staticzero,

Shouldn't it be in a holster on her headboard alongside a stuffed Penguin called Sigmund ? :P

Well they all look fantastic, im currently working on a Leon (aka The Professional, or The Cleaner) m92f custom, but due to this bloody bill coming thought im finding it hard to begin doing it as trying to stock pile guns :P but i should begin work on it before christmas, i hope.

Staticzero,

Shouldn't it be in a holster on her headboard alongside a stuffed Penguin called Sigmund ?  :P

haha, well this way won't freak out anyone who might go in her room. And if you want to get technical I probably should have shelled out for the solid silver hollow-points at $45 a pop. :D

haha, well this way won't freak out anyone who might go in her room. And if you want to get technical I probably should have shelled out for the solid silver hollow-points at $45 a pop. :D

To be totally correct they should be Hornday XTP JHPs filled with garlic and silver then sealed with wax. They run smoothly through the gun but chew through vampires.... Apparantly :D

To be totally correct they should be Hornday XTP JHPs filled with garlic and silver then sealed with wax. They run smoothly through the gun but chew through vampires.... Apparantly :D

That would have been cool to make, perhaps next time. News to me though, I guess I've not read enough of the books (easy since I'm only about 100 pages into the first one).

Hmm, speaking of the future, I know there are a few sawed-off shotgun options out there, but does anyone even make a an airsoft Firestar? :)

Edited by staticzero