"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

I have a few things I want to make that are works of fiction.. First is a full metal (no link, cause I'm lazy, but I talked about it in the Project Suggestions threads) Samurai Edge M9. The other is a gun inspired by GITS and Appleseed, almost identical to the one that (what's his name again?) made out of a p90, famas, and G36. And of course I want to make a custom metal Sig P220 .45 (won't happen any time soon) to replicate the real off-the-field Aaron :)

Aaron

<_<

Ever played NOLF 2?

I've got the Beretta M84FS with suppressor (the "McAllister") now I just need myself the wood grips and the set'll be complete.

m84andplane.jpg

A teeny weeny handgun for a feller like me, but its rather nice. :D

[EDIT]: Forgot to credit the picture to NolfGirl. I'll get pics of my M84 when I get a working camera.

Oh, and its presence in the game is an anachronism. I'm fairly sure M84s weren't produced until the '70s.

Edited by Kukailimoku

Why is it too small for you? I've met you, and you're not that big or anything. In "real life" I carry a Browning BDA380 (it's the gun in your pic, almost exactly, few minor differences, but both are built by beretta) and it's actually quite comfortable. very compact, but it fills out the hand rather well, based on the grip size.

Aaron

<_<

Why is it too small for you?  I've met you, and you're not that big or anything.  In "real life" I carry a Browning BDA380 (it's the gun in your pic, almost exactly, few minor differences, but both are built by beretta) and it's actually quite comfortable.  very compact, but it fills out the hand rather well, based on the grip size.

Aaron

<_<

I didn't say it was uncomfortable for me, but compared what I normally play with its itty bitty (P226 with LAM and my wheelgun) and its actually a bit smaller than my smallest gun, the H&K P7M13.

Like I told my friend, "compact" is a good word for it, though I agree it fits rather nicely in my hand. I love it so far. :D

Plus I was expecting it to be bigger when I ordered it so it was a surprise when I opened the box today.

"That's small!"

I made a similar size miscalculation when I bought a S&W M29 (Tanaka). Mahoosive, as Airsoft Scotland would say. Wasn't quite expecting a mobile artillery cannon.

PS - You play at Evergreen right? Can you refresh me as to who you are? I haven't been there in a while. I may recognize you from what guns you have. :P

Yeah, I play at evergreen. You're the guy who showed up with a spring P7 and kakhi shorts for the first time, then showed up a week later with a full military loadout and an SR25 (now THAT was unexpected...).

I'm the guy in OD and black with a SWAT style (mock) kevlar vest and a CA M15A4 RIS with silencer. I hang out with the guy in MARPAT with the M4 (I know... which one... the young one). I'll re-introduce myself when I go back (haven't played in a while either), but my loadout has changed completely.

Anyway, surprisingly enough, you have the same airsoft taste as I have real steel taste, lol:

-you have an airsoft P226, and M84

-In the "real world" I carry a P220 (basically a 226 in .45) and a BDA380

(basically an M84 with a normal slide instead of an open slide, and marketed as a Browning even though beretta makes it)

I just think that's funny.

Aaron

<_<

Don't quite remember you, but I should be at Evergreen next week.

As for my SR-25 I sold it to a friend of mine. I plan on using the money to upgrade the guns I've got and get some gear or get an AK or H&K variant. Preferably that KSC HK33K when I get the chance.

My airsoft taste aligns with my (eventual) real-steel taste, but the only real-steel I personally own right now is a WWII era Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk.1.

When I do get some real money I plan on getting a Sig P226 or P229 in .40 S&W for "duty" and an M84FS for "off duty".

Can you guess my career choice? :P

Again... the same as mine. I don't know where you plan to go, but I'm shooting to be King County Sheriff. I can say from experience that the sig is good (based off same model in 45) and the beretta is also wonderful (and incredibly accurate!). Seriously though, if you can find one, get a Browning BDA 380 instead. it is a much "classier" version. the finish is beautiful. the grips are much higher quality wood. and the slide is easier to carry. However most parts (such as mags) are interchangeable with the M84. Anyways, they may not be exactly what you want to get, but I'll bring them next time I make it out, and show them to you so you can get a bit of a hands-on feel for them.

Aaron

<_<