Aug barrel extension

PariahWolf

I am looking in to buying some sort of accurate marksmens rifle

At the moment my favourite is the new tm m14

but i was wondering if it is possible to fit a lenghtened outer and

inner barrel to the aug

i do not mean fit a phantom kit and fit a slightly longer barrel in the silencer

Cheers

Pariah :sheep:

ps:i searched and searched for this but it came up with stuff about phantom kits only. After the first 15 pages i gave up.

I have seen dentrinity Steyr AUG H-BAR conversions, i.e a long heavy barrel with M60 bipod for support purposes. But no kits are available, and i believe they do not produce the custom gun anymore.

Nevertheless, you can always try and see if they're still around -

www.dentrinityshop.com

www.airsoft-war4.com

etc.

You could also mail dentrinity and ask them how they did it - even though i doubt there'll be an answer, i've asked questions about products on sale and nver received an answer. But it's worth trying.

EDIT: then all you have to do is fit in a PSG-1 barrel...

good luck

You can't put a much larger barrel in an AEG than is allready in the AUG. It's close to the volume of an unvented cylinder, so any longer barrel would just end in suckback and decreased performance. This is why the PSG-1 uses a mechbox with a longer cylinder, so it can use a longer barrel.

Hardcoil is right. You can go for about 550 mm with a full bore up cylinder, and that would mean a barrel that goes to the end of the flash hider (prometheus calls this AUG+).

But the AUG is already a very accurate weapon (longer inner barrel than M14) and would definetly be recommended for "sniping" (although forum limits will never take you to that). The accuracy is still very high though.

The den custom does have a longer psg1 barrel and if you check the cylinder guide in this website the aug cylider can handle bare lup to psg1 size without suck back problems.

thanks asmodeus that is the precisely what i was looking for

+1 :D

Cheers

Ok slightly different question now..

is it possible if i got a shorter aug inner and outer barrel is it possible to quickly swap between them or would i need another hop unit.

not a big problem but just would like to know before i order.

so basicly what parts do i need to double buy if i was to swap between long and short barrels for hill open woodland gamesand urban games.

Cheers

Archived