G&G UMG un-boxing and initial impressions...

staticzero

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey everyone, I've got a question regarding my UMG.  I've had it for over 6 months now, and love it.  I upgraded it with metal bushings, an M120 spring, and new regular gears (lost a tooth on one of the gears, caused it to jam).  Well, I worked on it a couple weeks ago to downgrade the spring back to stock, since I was going to play CQB andnone of my other rifles were working/suitable for CQB.  When I put everything back together, I had problems firing in full auto.  It would fire about 4-5 rounds, then stop, but if I tapped it real hard while the trigger was still pulled, it would shoot another small burst.

When I took the rifle back apart, I found that the selector plate had one of the slider arms break on it.  I'm thining that because of this, there wasn't enough pressure on the full auto lever, to keep it shooting full auto.  I've looked all over on just about every major supplier I know, but haven't found a replacement selector plate.  Does anyone know of a place that sells them, or if there's an alternative I can use?  I'm really wanting to get this thing back up soon, as it's been a few weeks already, and I'm dying to use it again. (I can only use an MP5 for so long...)

That same thing happened to me. It caused the selector plate to slide off the track when I would switch to semi. I superglued a small section of a paper clip to the plate to replace the missing track. This is only a temporary fix, though, and I have a g36 selector plate coming soon. They seem similar enough, so it might work. I'll post when I get it in a week or so.

Is anyone else annoyed by the rubberized stock? I understand why it is there, but it get caughyt on my shirt a lot and is pretty darn annoying during a fire fight. Anyone else have this problem? And where can I get the silencer and the barrel extension for it in the USA? Thanks.

That same thing happened to me. It caused the selector plate to slide off the track when I would switch to semi. I superglued a small section of a paper clip to the plate to replace the missing track. This is only a temporary fix, though, and I have a g36 selector plate coming soon. They seem similar enough, so it might work. I'll post when I get it in a week or so.

I tried to use the G36 selector plate, but it didn't work right. Of course, it might not have worked because there was something else wrong with my gearbox...

• 4 weeks later...

Just got one of these with 5 70rnd mags and with metal bushings,ca ver2 bucking, and a tightbore barrel along with one of the custom snayo 9.6v 1100MaH and I'm wondering how many mags have you been able to get with this battery?I got about 15 or so, which doesn't seem right for 1100MaH so any suggestions?

Just got one of these with 5 70rnd mags and with metal bushings,ca ver2 bucking, and a tightbore barrel along with one of the custom snayo 9.6v 1100MaH and I'm wondering how many mags have you been able to get with this battery?I got about 15 or so, which doesn't seem right for 1100MaH so any suggestions?

what fps is yours firing at?

15 x 70 = 1050 shots, this seems too few unless you are firing at a very high fps. at roughly the 300 fps mark you should expect around 1.8-2.2 times mAh in terms of shots on full auto, single shot requires more power i am told and thus will give you less shots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just used my umg today, and the 8.4v stick battery is really weak after a full charge: http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...products_id=628

It locked up, so we got another 8.4v 1200 mAh, which was the rectangle shaped ones, and the umg fired, and it was very powerful, but we had to tape the battery to the stock. I was thinking of just buying a 9.6 stick, and was wondering if you can run the 9.6 on the G&G UMG?http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=480_94_107&products_id=2553

Thanks.

I have been looking for a way to carry UMP magazines. Everyone who owns one knows they are huge. I found this place, tactical tailor, from someone else's post. they sell THIS as well as a single puch. But the prolbem is that it says it only fits 25rd UMP mags.

So my questions is, does anyone know if the G&G UMG mags are made to be 25rd or 30 rd real steel mag? Basically, if I buy it, will my mags fit?

Thanks in advance. And sorry for bringing this topic up again. I didn't think it was too dead.

Mate - you do know you can use P90 pouches no worries with UMG mags?

I've got a pair of P90 drop leg pouches which carry my 4 hi-caps perfectly! I actually bought them off someone on here/ASCUK for about £20. Advantage is (and you might not be able to see too well from the pic) is that the pull down is elasticated, with 3 optional distances to hook it onto. This makes it easy to secure the mag safely, but also release quickly with a tug upwards.

I'm not sure what G&G have modelled their mags on so I can't be sure - I'd wait for someone else who might know to respond before buying. Last thing you want is to buy them to find they don't fit!

p90pouch.jpg

Okay. Thanks for the help.

I just noticed the store is not too far from where I live. So, I will see if they fit and maybe do a small, quick review.

On a seperate note, my body pin broke today. the little part that sticks out is stuck. When I push it out manually, it is too low to work on the body. it is stiff in the gun, but if I put a little pressure on it, it will come out. I sent G&G an email, hoepfully I can locate a new one.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well, I am going to relate a problem I am having with this gun and maybe someone on here can help me figure out how to solve it.

So I went ahead and bought this gun because I loved the aggressive look of it, its like nothing that I had ever seen. But that was 5 months ago, now I want to smash the thing.

The freaking hopup has never worked correctly, I set it fine and then it just falls back after about 100 shots or so, anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, I really want to keep this gun, but I am getting so fed up with the little nagging issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived