Vsr-10 pro sniper review

Ok well i was going to write a full on review on this, but there are already more than enough out there.

I'm doing this because there seems to be way to many noobs asking whats the best cheap bolt action rifle. (we should make it a phrase)

Lets begin

Well may as well start by saying i ordered the vsr-10 of www.zerooneairsoft.com one evening and it arrived the very next morning (exellent service).

Like a kid on christmas morning i took the rather long package to my room and opened it up. The box is the normal attractive box that comes with most of the tokyo marui guns.

DSCI0036.jpg

Inside i found the gun some tools for calibrating the sights, and a cleaning rod, as well as the usual bag of bb's (with a slight green tint???)

Pulling the gun out of the box was nothing short of amazing, based on what other people tell me about the vsr-10 i was expecting a hollow flimsy body. This however was not the case. Its nicely weighted less heavy than a lot of other guns. I should also point out that it has a brilliant balance.

You really feel as though you drop this thing of your roof and it would be fine.

Moving on.

Pulling the bolt back will make you grin like an idiot, its a completely smooth operation, i have taken a video to demonstrate this.

If you want it just give me your e-mail address and i will send it to you.

DSCI0039.jpg

Accuracy and power.

Once again i am suprised the accuracy within 8m is perfect (sorry but 8m is the maximum distance i have been able to test at.

I placed one of the paper targets that come with it in front of a cardboard box and pulled the trigger. The noise was about the same as firing a springer, and yet so much nicer.

It landed just out of the the black center, after just three shots to set the sights i was shooting dead center every time.

After this successful test i decided to place a very out of date PSW demo disk up against the cardboard and fired three shots, the result being this

DSCI0044.jpg

To be honest this is not a suprise as any half decent airsoft rifle should be capable of this sort of power.

So then i did this, my hand is there to show the size of the target. And it also went through 2 cardboard boxes and emebeded in a paper pad.

DSCI0045.jpg

Well thats really all i can be asked to do, ill just add some specs and notes and anyone else who wants to add to that can go ahead.

.It should have an effective range of 40m

.Its magazine is located under the stock and holds 30 rounds

.Most people use only 25 rounds so not to pressure the spring too much.

.Its quiet

.The magazines take forever to load but never seem to run out.

.And i've named mine kate after my favourite female actor (kate beckinsale)

Anything that i didn't cover can be found over here-http://www.airsoftunlimited.airsoftcore.com/viewtopic.php?t=379

I dont have a murai speed loader. I put it in the newbie section as i thought it would be of more use thier.

I should be able to skirmish test it soon, above ranges of 8m <_<

You should really invest in one. Don't buy the knock offs though. The TM is really the best one.

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been a long while since i posted this review and i have finally had the chance to test the vsr-10 in a skirmish.

Weight

Well it has a weight to it, but is much lighter than any other rifle ive held so far, its light weight which means that as long as you are reasonably fit and healthy (and dont carry too much gear) then you will be able to run very fast (almost sprint) across long distances with this rifle. It can be quickly brought up for a shot if you are ambushed.

Power

power is very good up to about 30 metres after this point the shots lose a bit of sting but are still powerfull enougth. It would be worth considering power upgrades if you plan on becoming a seriouse sniper, though for scouting and sharpshooting its fine the way it is.

Range

It has no problem with outranging most other guns and can outrange an M16 by a couple of feet. Once again though if you plan on being a seriouse sniper then it will need an upgrade. Its maximum range is 40 metres. At about 35 metres the shots make a small turn to either the right or left side. Which brings us to...............................

Accuracy

Well i aimed for my team mates shoulder at about 25 metres and hit it while walking. I also managed to put a shot through the window of a WW2 bunker. Unfortunately no one was looking through it. Up to 30 metres accuracy is almost perfect. After that it starts to miss, A tightbore barrel would make the accuracy on this rifle PERFECT and i dont think thats an over statement.

Overall

Today i played the role of scout/sharpshooter. The rifle is well suited to both of these tasks and you will be amazed how fast you can run. We where playing a capture the flag game today, a team mate managed to grab the flag and we had 13 seconds to return it befor the game was over. To return it we had to go across an open field to and plant it next to our bunker. I was moving behind my team mate and we returned it in just under the time limit.

This is well worth considering to anyone who wants a begginers sniping rifle, accurate with a decent range and easy to manage. It wont disapoint. :D

Aside from the things you mentioned already, the only real differece is thst it comes with a silencer and has a different shaped bolt. The bolt also only has to be moved up about 45 degrees before being pulled back. But anyone who has fired both rifles will know there is no real difference.

Aside from the things you mentioned already, the only real differece is thst it comes with a silencer and has a different shaped bolt. The bolt also only has to be moved up about 45 degrees before being pulled back. But anyone who has fired both rifles will know there is no real difference.

i concur ive fired both and tbh i didnt even notice the 45 deg b4 cocking it

no idealy u need to machiene drill it out, there was a review a couple of weeks ago and the guy tried to dremmel it out and it scratched the cylinider to peices

by all means try and dremmel it but im gonna take mine to college and hawk eye a mech student drilling it out for me

• 2 weeks later...

acutally the hop up on the gspec is completly different and a lot better

i had both rifles and i wish i kept the gspec :o

I ordered one of these rifles. It should come in the next couple of days. However having never bothered with scopes before I am not sure what type of scope would fit on the VSR10. WHat type of fitting do I need? Also could it be used effectively without a scope. (not in a sniper role, in a scout role).

Help would be appreciated.

Otherwise great review mate.

It helped alot, thanks.

• 5 years later...

hello!

I have a TM VSR-10 upgraded to 480-500 Fps 0,3 g BB

with scope:Visonking 3-9X50

Amazing rifle!

I already tested in game. six headshoots...was nice :)

accuracy:

50m pointshooter ,after 50m BB's goes right

weight: not heavy and I like that, because when I wait the perfect shoot...easy to hold...:rolleyes:

My opinion this rifle is simple, nice, comfortable and......deadly :D