Pic Request

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was confirmed in the book and by thousands of people since the incident happened. Its always been M16A2 carbine variants.

i was actually after something more specific than that - the book, iirc, wasnt that specific beyond the m16a2 'carbine variant'.

but as we all know, most people concentrated on the obvious ones: the M733 and the XM177E2..

well, thanks for your help... <_< guess i wont bother next time..

What vests do they use in the movie?

everyone says blackhawk sponsored the movie, and so supplied the vests, and that they were all custom vests, so its not stuff you can find.

they also seem to be mesh based, and just feature the drop loops for belts and 4 or so m16 pouches, with buckles, and three front buckles, no zip.

all of them seem to have this vest, including Hoot.

i think one other and Sanderson have different vests.

Japanese airsoft magazine, Combat, had the Sanderson vest as the BHI urban assault vest - but in the movie its a mesh vest and it doesnt have magazine pouches on the upper left. its essentally the same as the other Delta vests but with extra pouches on the front, shotgun shell loops on the left upper pouch, and the rear is outlined below - whereas the other Delta vests just have the typical rear with BHI ALICE type loops across the back.

Where the urban assault vest is identical though, is the hydration pouch and the saber radio pouch on the left rear side.

the two snipers again wear a different rig.. seem to sport chest rigs, as does Hoot - but Hoot's gear varies in the film - sometimes he wears the same vests as the other Delta, and the rest he sports a black chest rig, perhaps worn over his vest [or were the pouches cut off his vest so he just had it suspending his belt, with the chest rig over the top?]

Tactical Tailor, imo, has a rifle vest that is closer than the BHI urban assault vest, but thats about it - its rear is very different.

everything else is on the belts and is standard ALICE type stuff [LC2 and 3]

i've not seen anything close to the most numerous Delta vests - short of buying a cheap mesh vest, cutting off the zip, the upper pouches, and attaching the three buckles for the front.

i'm open for corrections though..

How did you get that silencer to go right over the front barrel? As a buddy of mine has the same silencer and cant think how to bring it all the way back to the front sight like you have.

his gun is a TM m4a1, not a m733, so the silencer fits.

m4a1 has a slightly fatter hand guard than m733

if a m4a1 with a m733 sized barrel i believe is called a m933

am i right in presuming the M16A2 is said to have a HBAR barrel? [thick & smooth to the flash-hider?]

and the M4/M4A1 are stepped HBAR - thick & stepped [for M203] to the flash-hider?

from janes/saw/ar/cmc:

701 - M16A2 rifle. Export model with full automatic in place of three-round burst limiter.

705 - M16A2 standard service rifle (M16A2E3).

[TM M16A2]

720 - M4 carbine. Originally known as M16A2 carbine, with stepped HBAR 14.5" (370 mm) barrel.

723 - M16A2 carbine. Produced for United Arab Emirates and US Army Delta Force. With M16A1 rear sight, 14.5" (370 mm) barrel and full automatic fire capability.

725 - M16A2 carbine. Canadian version of M16A2 carbine known as C8 with M16A1 rear sight and M16A2 barrel. License produced by Diemaco.

725A - M16A2 carbine. Export version of the M16A2 carbine produced by Colt for United Arab Emirates with M16A1 (skinny) barrel profile.

725B - M16A2 carbine. Export version of M16A2 carbine with M16A2 barrel.

727 - M16A2 carbine. Carbine with full automatic fire feature produced for (among others) the US Navy. With stepped HBAR 14.5" (370 mm) barrel.

733 - M16A2 Commando. Short-barrelled model with full automatic fire, 11.5" (290 mm) barrel and M16A1 rear sight.

[TM M733]

733A - M16A2 Commando. Short-barrelled model with three-round burst limiter in place of full automatic fire, 11.5" (290 mm) barrel and M16A1 rear sight.

901 - M16A3 rifle. Similar to Model 701 (M16A2 fully automatic) but with flat top rail under carrying handle. Fully automatic.

905 - M16A3 rifle. Similar to Model 705 (M16A2E3) but with flat top rail under carrying handle. Three-round burst limiter.

925 - M16A3 rifle. Similar to Model 725 (M16A2 carbine) but with flat top rail under carrying handle. Three-round burst limiter.

927 - M4A1 carbine. Originally known as M16A3 carbine. Similar to Model 727 but with flat top rail under carrying handle. Fully automatic. In production for Joint DoD Special Forces.

[TM M4A1]

Edited by oikoik
i was actually after something more specific than that - the book, iirc, wasnt that specific beyond the m16a2 'carbine variant'.

but as we all know, most people concentrated on the obvious ones: the M733 and the XM177E2..

well, thanks for your help...  <_<  guess i wont bother next time..

everyone says blackhawk sponsored the movie, and so supplied the vests, and that they were all custom vests, so its not stuff you can find.

they also seem to be mesh based, and just feature the drop loops for belts and 4 or so m16 pouches, with buckles, and three front buckles, no zip.

all of them seem to have this vest, including Hoot.

i think one other and Sanderson have different vests.

Japanese airsoft magazine, Combat, had the Sanderson vest as the BHI urban assault vest - but in the movie its a mesh vest and it doesnt have magazine pouches on the upper left. its essentally the same as the other Delta vests but with extra pouches on the front, shotgun shell loops on the left upper pouch, and the rear is outlined below - whereas the other Delta vests just have the typical rear with BHI ALICE type loops across the back.

Where the urban assault vest is identical though, is the hydration pouch and the saber radio pouch on the left rear side.

the two snipers again wear a different rig.. seem to sport chest rigs, as does Hoot - but Hoot's gear varies in the film - sometimes he wears the same vests as the other Delta, and the rest he sports a black chest rig, perhaps worn over his vest [or were the pouches cut off his vest so he just had it suspending his belt, with the chest rig over the top?]

Tactical Tailor, imo, has a rifle vest that is closer than the BHI urban assault vest, but thats about it - its rear is very different.

everything else is on the belts and is standard ALICE type stuff [LC2 and 3]

i've not seen anything close to the most numerous Delta vests - short of buying a cheap mesh vest, cutting off the zip, the upper pouches, and attaching the three buckles for the front.

i'm open for corrections though..

Want specifics? the majority of the Delta operatives AR15s were actually civilian CAR-15s with a LOT of modification done to them, ranging from the attachment of a suppressor to getting the trigger pull down to the operatives specifications. Along the lines of the XM177s, they weren't used on the incident at all. Most of the guns were either M733s or modified CAR-15s. The book or movie can't be specific about it, because most of the guns had been changed in numerous ways since they were put into the hands of the Delta boys. The only M7 series ARs that were used were the M733s and M733A. I don't where you got all of that info, but the majority of those rifles didn't exist until 1994, and the stepped barrel for the use of M203s wasn't used by any military branch of any country in the world until Colt started producing the M4. I would like a link to the site r book where you found the designations for those rifle. There has never been an M16A3 with 3 round burst. Both the M16A3 and M16A4 were introduced together. A3 was fully automatic, whilst the A4 was a flat top M16A2 with the improvements in the system that came about in 1996 with the introduction of the rifles.

Also, the BHI vests seem to match pretty well. Maybe even the Guarder MOLLE vests could be used to good effect in replicating the image.

sure, the info is a combination of janes infantry weapons 1997/98; american rifleman, 1993; colt data sheets for the M16 family of weapons, cmc inc.; small arms of the world (1983).

so i was basing the list of the M series off the above sources - i didnt state it was date/period [1993] specific, just where i was getting the 7/9 series names from.

[partially because i'm trying ascertain what model my own [gas nbb if youre interested] M16A2 carbine was/is for a similar idea]

i hope you can understand that.

it wouldve helped me / us - (along with everyone else who's interested, after all, thats what this thread is for, right?) greatly if you had stated the specifics in the first place! thats kind of what we were aiming for!

so try to be more helpful next time.. <_<

theres buggerall photo-wise to look at for the SF at the time - most pic ref i've ever seen are all either TFR or 10th.

also, the tactical tailor molle vests might be one to look for [in black obviously] - with just adding a radio pouch on the lower left back, hydration pouch on rear centre, and four magazine pouches on the front - i mention this vest as it had the 3 front buckles [that most BHI vests now lack, as they seem to prefer zips, aside from the urban assault vest which may now be out of production anyway] as well as the drop loops for the belts.

Edited by oikoik

Wasn't accusing you of anything, just wanted to know about a cool gun website I didn't already know about. :D That explains the M16A3/3 round burst though. the prototypes back in the early '90s were going off ascending order of the advances. Some of the info is undoubtedly form before the M16A3s service time. Nice list though, its mahoosize. So what brand of NBB do you have? Sounds like a cool classic.

Edited by M1911A2 guy

its a JAC A2 carbine - classic purists will shoot me but i'm just using the internal reservoir for now.. i'm planning on just having it the same way that the Sanderson character has it in the movie [that particular barrel clamp seems impossible to find, so i had to get a generic one] - which appears to be the M16A2 carbine with a non-stepped HBAR [thicker than the A1 barrel, appears to be M16A2E3 thickness], which is why i was wondering what M series it actually was a copy of...