Pic Request

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Basically mate, just give it a base coat of Sand Dune or Khaki Krylon paint then if you want to be true to BHD then just give it quite largish strips of Krylon brown, krylon can be bought in the UK from dpmhi.com or .co.uk but there is a minimum order value of £15 so basically you have to buy three cans

Are you sure he has an M4? They werent used in the Army until 1994/

Didn't know that... thanks. At least an M4 is suitable for an airsoft setup anyways :)

And Nicho... either use tape... or find a way to attach a rail to the grip. Epoxy or a special type of rail which requires holes drilled into the grip.

EDIT: Quote JCYC5 from first page

As for the flash light, it is attached by a scope-ring on a screwed-and-epoxyed bit of rail on the handguard.
Edited by PsyGen
Mine is 230mm long. Goes straight over the barrel with the adaptor near the front sight. I don't have the torch attachment/tape or the paint job though :)

gallery_8185_381_172930.jpg

XD;;;

How did you get that silencer to go right over the front barrel? As a buddy of mine has the same silencer and cant think how to bring it all the way back to the front sight like you have.

How did you get that silencer to go right over the front barrel? As a buddy of mine has the same silencer and cant think how to bring it all the way back to the front sight like you have.

You sure you put on the attachment near the front sight as well? It fills up the little gap on the front barrel and lets the silencer fit nicely as if it's all one piece.

Edited by PsyGen

you chaps might find these helpful:

BHD_ref_016.jpg

BHD_ref_015.jpg

BHD_ref_012.jpg

BHD_ref_008.jpg

BHD_ref_007.jpg

BHD_ref_005.jpg

BHD_ref_003.jpg

BHD_ref_001.jpg

:)

my own little question:

aside from the XM's and M733's - are the others that are visible here the M720/723/725 or the M727?

i've always thought they were the M720/723/725 as i couldnt see the heavier barrel profile mod on the barrels that appeared on the M727.

the only reason i bring up the M727 is because i thought perhaps the barrel clamp for the taclights *might* be sat right on top of the M203 attachment point, obscuring the profile..

[edit:]

my own conclusion is that they are indeed M720/723/725 variants - ie, the M16A2 carbine and not the early M4 [M727].

[because the barrel clamp is not where the M203 skinny attachment point is on the M727 barrel, and everything forward and abaft the flash-hider is smooth]

anyone care to explain or even illustrate the difference between the M720, M723 and M725 [latter is an export version, right?] ?

ta :)

Edited by oikoik
you chaps might find these helpful:

[

:)

my own little question:

aside from the XM's and M733's - are the others that are visible here the M720/723/725 or the M727?

i've always thought they were the M720/723/725 as i couldnt see the heavier barrel profile mod on the barrels that appeared on the M727.

the only reason i bring up the M727 is because i thought perhaps the barrel clamp for the taclights *might* be sat right on top of the M203 attachment point, obscuring the profile..

[edit:]

my own conclusion is that they are indeed M720/723/725 variants - ie, the M16A2 carbine and not the early M4 [M727].

[because the barrel clamp is not where the M203 skinny attachment point is on the M727 barrel, and everything forward and abaft the flash-hider is smooth]

anyone care to explain or even illustrate the difference between the M720, M723 and M725 [latter is an export version, right?] ?

ta :)

That was confirmed in the book and by thousands of people since the incident happened. Its always been M16A2 carbine variants.

Edited by M1911A2 guy