Rainbow 6 Team Member Loadout

Agent47

Is it just me, or did the games seem almost impossible to complete? I never could figure out how to like have two teams at different doors, and we throw in a flashbang, and then the two teams rush.

easy, in the pre misson plan, get both teams at their consecutive doors, on a go-code (alpha/bravo ect) and have one to throw a flash, and the other to breach, when you press the go code they will lob/detonate their concecutive explosives and then storm the room....

.... i prefer to do in 'in game', face the door and hold space then select open-flash-clear. then run to the other door before they go in :P, one team, two doors

and yes rainbow would use anything and everything, dependant on the situation.... i really want an AK47 with a pair of 45 round mags gaffa taped togeter, and an UZI over my back... : D no modern stuf for me, ill take you all on.

• 9 months later...

Not meaning to resurect this tread but since its been about a year how has the project gotten along. I personally am making a swat kit and Ive been building it for a year now and its still not done but I love it. Ive just picked pieces that I need when I can and so far its going well. Its all the style that you like use any gun that you like the gear you think looks the coolest/most practical. Im pretty sure thats kinda what any member of rainbow has done.

Dude, what is this hard-on for Crye gear? Yech...

If I was to do a R6 loadout, I'd be true to the books:

-OD or black BDUs, maybe navy blue

-Black pads

-Black PASGT

-MP5

-USP .45

-Black balaclava

-Pouch

-Some sort of black tac vest, probably a HK SDU vest or an LAPD vest.

Team RAINBOW load outs would have a great deal of variance. From the books we have a very generic SWAT look:

-Black "ninja" suits (black coveralls are what I use) with a black balaclava.

-Some sort of black ballistic vest, likely to have velcro patches for attachment of local variation of the word 'POLICE'.

-Probably a PASGT helmet, in black.

-Black boots, likely Adidas GSG-9 or similar (theirs are completely custom)

Longarms:

H&K MP-5/10SD

Walther WA2000

Generic boltaction (can't recall the make and model. I think it was a Remington 700).

M60 (for Vargas or whatever his name is)

What's used in the games varies from game to game and I'm not going to cover that.

If a sequel to Rainbow Six were written, knowing Tom Clancy, Team RAINBOW would likely have:

-Black ninja suits for blackside, whatever camo scheme(s) have taken Herr Clancy's liking recently for greenside (if you're going to do an airsoft team based on Team RAINBOW, I would recommend that any camo is fine, so long as it's appropriate for your terrain and everyone uses the same camouflage patterns). Probably whatever's best for the terrain, although which NATO nation's camouflage would be used would be up in the air.... Probably a balaclava or HeatGear/ColdGear hood in either black or OD.

-OD MICH helmets for Blackside, whatever is deemed appropriate for greenside.

-OD ballistic vest or CIRAS or RAV or whatever takes the individual operator's fancy

-IF Team RAINBOW has gone public, than the black-and-silver Team RAINBOW patches would be appropriate. Otherwise, local language 'POLICE' patches.

-Black boots, likely similar to Adidas GSG-9 boots for blackside, and probably brown suede boots for green.

Probable long arms:

H&K G36K

FN F2000

Barret M468

Walther WA2000

M21/24 (accurized M14)

Possibly Remington 700

Possibly more counter sniper weapons added depending on infusions of new blood into RAINBOW and/or formation of new teams (in response to the team's success and the war on terror)

M60. Possibly M240, Mark 46, or Mark 48 MGs

Possibly more MGs depending on infusions of new blood into RAINBOW and/or formation of new teams (RAINBOW Team-3+)

Grenade launchers are unlikely to be seen in a RAINBOW Team, but they might be included at a rate of one per team. The Grenade Launcher would probably be an AG36/UGL/M320.

If you want to, you could allow every team member to select their own camouflage based on which nation "they" hail from. Odds are that a number of members would also still be issued MP5/10SDs for certain situations and the MP5/10SD would probably be the standard quiet gun for the team, although it would be replaced in the team, by and large, by a rifle caliber carbine, as is the fashionable thing to do in modern SWAT teams.

Of course, depending on where the team is supposed to operate, assuming an expansion beyond the original two teams, as well as from a NATO to a UN organization (as is implied by the Team RAINBOW insignia seen in RS3), the weapons employed by a particular team would probably depend on where the team is supposed to operate. While teams operating in Western and Northern Europe, the Americas, and the South Pacific (including New Zealand, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, and South Korea) would likely use an H&K G36K, teams based out of Russia and Eastern Europe would likely use Kalashnikovs (and similar) and those based out of China (PRC) would likely use Type-95s and its variants.

There's plenty of room for variation in there, as one can see.

One of the guys used an M60 too.

Julio Vega (Oso) was the heavy support gunner and used an M60.

And the bolt action rifle that Homer used was a custom rifle made from parts that he milled himself. It's probably based on an M700 as this is probably what he was trained on. The book doesn't say a make and model, but it does use the .308 Win.

rainbow uses whatever they want

so in airsoft use what ever you want

btw i love the games

The problem with that suggestion is that it is pretty useless for that impression.

If I wanted to get aload of flecktarn and a g36, I wouldn't say "here is my rainbow 6 loadout"

Likewise, if I got in a tracksuit with a mesh mask or something, I wouldn't say "here is my rainbow 6 loudout"

Cheers.

SMG = MP5/10 SD

Pistol = Beretta .45 as Snowman said

sniper rifles varied, one was a McCallin (SP?) .50BMG

but overall I think basic black would work, ^_~ don't forget the velcro for changing labels on the vest since Rainbow was supposed to be a quick responce black ops group.

Apparently, Team RAINBOW took part in a joint NATO-Russian special operations mission to neutralize some Chinese nukes in The Bear and the Dragon. If anyone feels like reading that honking novel just to see if they might describe Team RAINBOW load-outs circa 1998, you're more than welcome to.

Using Amazon.com, I've found that they've gone semi-public (kinda like Delta). In Europe, they're called the 'Men of Black'. Got to page 272 in the hardcover edition before it cut me off. I might have a hard copy of the book at my parents' cabin. I'll try to check it out if I get the chance.

Finally, their expirience from the end of the novel, when several team members slung their MP5/10SDs and picked up G3s off of neutralized tangos, would seem to show that pistol cartridge weapons are not exactly the best weapons for use in the Amazon (or any similar open environment).

while I agree w/you about the MP10s not being as effective as the G3s in open combat, most of the time, enemy weapons are collected after an engagenment to be kept or disposed of.

I may have just screwed up bigtime because i havnet read the book for a while (mabey 4 months) but it is one of the best books i've read

Real-Steel Firearms discussion

Airsoft has natural links to the world of real firearms (commonly known as "Real-Steel"), and discussion of firearms is allowed to a point. The looks, weight, history, and operation of these firearms are normally valid topics of conversation, but ballistic effects are not. Basically, we want to avoid conversation that roams in to the arena of real ammunition and the performance of firearms in general. This is an Airsoft forum, not a real-steel forum. Let's keep it that way.

Offending posts removed.

Archived