Gas Conversion for VSR series.

ok ive been waiting for this for a LONG time =[..

5 days... including the purchase date. in its here!!

This is a KIC Gas cylinder conversion..

First Impression: Very nice and high quality! shiny ect.. i was unlucky though... =[ there was a dent where the bolt handle is placed.. so i had to fix that.. Sanded.. and more sanding..

Installation: REALLY simple.. remove your old cylinder n replace the bolt handles.. n later put it back. i added some teflon tape just so it can secute the treads better n so it wont leak later on.. which i dont think will happen.. i hope..

Loading the gas: Very simple again =] This thing is soo user friendly!! Pull the bolt back n the valve is exposed.. refill the gas in the valve n your almost ready to ROCK!

Gas: right now im using the propane adaptor.. shoots REALLY HARD! i dont have a chrono but.. from looking at the damage report.. ide say ~500 FPS (over forum rule...)

Shots per cylinder?: well i loaded gas.. and waited like a minute before shooting.. just so it can cool down... outdoor temp was about.. really hot... slippers torched my feet.. so im thinking about 90-95f or +.... with a full cylidner i was able to fire about 23 shoots ( blanks ) each shot a sec or 2 apart.

Overall Impression: Very nice =] shoots hard n makes a nice POP noice.. but silencer covers up the sound really well :D

Ill get pics up soon..

By the way.. i dont own the gun anymore.. :( kinda traded it off... hehe

What were all the upgrades you put in the gun? This sounds like what I have been waiting for. Also, will you be able to get a real chrono reading on this some time.

Edited by badkarma1354
What were all the upgrades you put in the gun?  This sounds like what I have been waiting for.  Also, will you be able to get a real chrono reading on this some time.

well before the gas cylinder i just had a upgrade spring.. so basiclly no upgrades but the cylinder swap =]

SmashJoehanson  Posted Today, 08:08 AM

Well, he said he had sold it, but I have a few questions.

How easy was this to install? How long did it take?

Did you use any additional upgrades or just the new cylinder?

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

installation is EASY.. man its soo much easier then an AEG.. its just a cylinder swap

remove the reciever from the stock, unscrew the screws that hold the trigger assembly to the reciever. pull the sear.. and then the cylinder can be accest,

when u have the cylinder. just unscrew the bolt handle n put it on the gas cylinder :P

then u know the rest.. put everything back together.

argh been waiting for a review for AGES now, well not very long but horray, i must get it!!

thanks

Jas

BTW what barrel do you have in there?? doesnt look stock, does it? sorry and do you put the things from inside your old cylinder into the gas one?? or are the stuff in the cylinder?

Edited by i am still kenshin9
argh been waiting for a review for AGES now, well not very long but horray, i must get it!!

thanks

Jas

BTW what barrel do you have in there?? doesnt look stock, does it? sorry and do you put the things from inside your old cylinder into the gas one?? or are the stuff in the cylinder?

That was a laylax tighbore..

makes the gun shoot harder thats for sure.. but wasnt as pinpoint as the stock..

i needed a heavier bb for the laylax... prolly .35+

btw np for the review :D

feel free to leave a rep :rolleyes:

:P hehe

My g-spec (well not mine anymore) has a similar setup - gas cylinder and Laylax 555mm barrel. I have found that Maruzen .29g Grand Masters produce considerably better groupings at long range (~50 meters) than the heavier Straight carbon coated BBs.

My g-spec (well not mine anymore) has a similar setup - gas cylinder and Laylax 555mm barrel. I have found that Maruzen .29g Grand Masters produce considerably better groupings at long range (~50 meters) than the heavier Straight carbon coated BBs.

YEY someone else has had one, BUT did you actually find out different FPS on different gases?? as this is what i'vebeen researching for AGES but no one has this cylinder i was gonna get this Gas cylinder and some .29 Super grand masters.

thanks

Jas

I did chrono with red and green gas, but results were a little inconclusive - the gun was pretty difficult to chrono, because the HUGE gas blast from the muzzle would screw up the readings most of the time. In any case, fps is way, way above forum limits, regardless of gas.

really?? ahhh ###### i wanted one and was hoping maybe with 134a it would be just enough to be able to play with, i might not get this yet then as i wont be able to use it :angry: . i want that Gas cylinder sooo much but the FPS is to high for my site, you have no idea how *fruitcaged* i am about it wanted it for ages now if i get it my site wont let me use it (unless i dont tell them :blink: ) so whats the point in getting it, i still might get it though just incase we go to a skirsmih site like ground zero or something *prays site will allow me to use the gas cylinder* but could you PM me the FPS on green (estimated) or just add me on MSN and we could talk about it??

thanks

Jas

P.S my msn address is in my profile

Edited by i am still kenshin9
  • 2 weeks later...