Hurricane Katrina

Foxtrot

For all of you that live under a rock, or Don't read the news - or don't even look at the weather occasionally, this is a small wake up call.

Hurricane Katrina is a Catagory 5 Hurricane that is bearing down right on New Orleans. It's about 5-7 hours away from making land fall. New Orleans lays about 6 feet below sea level, and is kept dry via series of Dyke walls, Dams and huge diesel powered pumps. With this hurricane going to make landfall there, it's going to litterarly flood the city with about 30 feet of water. Millions have the potential to loose there homes and houses. Thousands could possibly die, mostly ederly and those who have no means of escaping the path of the hurricane.

So please, if you could spend a few moments and Pray for all those people that are out there, in this litteraly dooms day situation. If your an American, please, donate a bit to the American red cross if you can. I'm going tomorrow afternoon to.

Thanks for your time

Fox.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh noes! New Orleans is too pretty to be destroyed!

Seriously, that's awful :( Hopefully it won't be as bad as you predicted.

Unfortunately im not the one predicting it :(

The Mayor of New Orleans has actually come out, and said publiclly in a press release that the dams and dykes will probably be over whelmed by the storm surges and collapse, flooding the city.

They were only built to with stand light to moderate Hurricanes.. not a Catagory 5+...

For all of you that live under a rock, or Don't read the news - or don't even look at the weather occasionally, this is a small wake up call.

Hurricane Katrina is a Catagory 5 Hurricane that is bearing down right on New Orleans. It's about 5-7 hours away from making land fall. New Orleans lays about 6 feet below sea level, and is kept dry via series of Dyke walls, Dams and huge diesel powered pumps. With this hurricane going to make landfall there, it's going to litterarly flood the city with about 30 feet of water. Millions have the potential to loose there homes and houses. Thousands could possibly die, mostly ederly and those who have no means of escaping the path of the hurricane.

So please, if you could spend a few moments and Pray for all those people that are out there, in this litteraly dooms day situation. If your an American, please, donate a bit to the American red cross if you can. I'm going tomorrow afternoon to.

Thanks for your time

Fox.

after your reading me and my family shared a moment of silence for those that are in the predicted path and there families that is a very commendable post you have written

well i suppose there are probably some moralists over there already saying "yay no more mardigras" eh foxtrot? wouldnt put it past 'em to say it was the will of god or something... damn moralists

Actually it's kinda surprising how America is pretty firmly united on this... Hurricanes are something that have become more and more deadly and dangerous every year.. and since the tracking got better people are putting more thought into it..

Actually it's kinda surprising how America is pretty firmly united on this... Hurricanes are something that have become more and more deadly and dangerous every year.. and since the tracking got better people are putting more thought into it..

can't blame em really after living in the UK and australia i have never seem on of these awe inspiring demostrations of natures power.

The last category 1 hurricane to hit caused over $2 Billion in damages, leaving me to wonder what preparations are being made to reinforce the 30' river-side retaining wall for the oncoming tides.

All I hear in the news is of what they're prepping for, but not how, I wonder just how a city can fortify itself from the torrents of its own life blood?

Looks like it's not going too pretty.

Parts of the roof of the super dome ripped off, and a levy in the Industrial section of town (luckly, there of all places - not alot of people) has broke - about 8 feet of flooding.

Other then that.. the winds have sent boats into houses, many houses are gone, hundreds of thousands are with out power - possibly in the millions. Doesn't seem like a big deal, right? No power? Well, in sweltering heat and humidty, plus all the elderly.. that can lead to bad things, quick.

Hopefully the worst of it has happened.. but the back side of the storm is supposed to be worst.

New Orleans did take a 99% direct hit from Katrina which means that most of NO should be underwater by now especially the French Quarters area, where the levy broke. NY Times also showed a comp model of what would happen to NO with 25' surges and the superdome should be surounded by 7" of water. Not good at all. :(

New Orleans did take a 99% direct hit from Katrina which means that most of NO should be underwater by now especially the French Quarters area, where the levy broke. NY Times also showed a comp model of what would happen to NO with 25' surges and the superdome should be surounded by 7" of water. Not good at all. :(

O.M.F.G

Is there anyone alive?

Any thing still there at all for that matter?

Yes! a food drive is a good idea! I urge anyone who is in a church/school/etc. to start a canned food drive. As importantly, if you can get people to donate clothes/blankets/radios/etc. Things that will be needed.

I plan to start one, asap. Also, a food drive at a large scale airsoft game could be beneficial.

Aaron

Archived