Hurricane Katrina

Foxtrot

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, let me say that it's horrible. My heart goes out to anyone who'd endured any of this so far, anyone not so lucky, or anyone in the path of it.

Second, it's not dooms day - get over it. For the people in it, it will be, and that's something that none of us can comprehend, but for those of us not involved, I think we should feel lucky that it's obviously not a dooms day scenario.

Just wait until the Yellowstone Caldera begins to erupt... ;)

NOTE: It's long overdue an eruption, and the caldera floor is bulging.

EDIT: That didn't come across as cold, callous and heartless did it? If it did, sincere apologies... :(

No worries, I understand what you're saying. Still, I'd like to see as many people that can get involved, do so. If you can start a canned food drive, a clothes drive, or even a blanket drive, I know the people of New Orleans need it, and would be very greatful. Even if this doesn't affect us, we need to show some compassion, at least to the extent that we can. If nothing else, at least keep these people in your prayers.

Aaron

No worries, I understand what you're saying.  Still, I'd like to see as many people that can get involved, do so.  If you can start a canned food drive, a clothes drive, or even a blanket drive, I know the people of New Orleans need it, and would be very greatful.  Even if this doesn't affect us, we need to show some compassion, at least to the extent that we can.  If nothing else, at least keep these people in your prayers.

Aaron

Thats cool and thoughtful dude. I would give you +1 rep, but I already did today.

Thats cool and thoughtful dude. I would give you +1 rep, but I already did today.

Thanks. Instead, set up a drive at your school. It will help the world more than a rep point. But I appriciate the thought. Thank you. And thanks for the rep point earlier.

Aaron

Thanks.  Instead, set up a drive at your school.  It will help the world more than a rep point.  But I appriciate the thought.  Thank you.  And thanks for the rep point earlier.

Aaron

Your welcome. Also along side a Food Drive, lets have a Airsoft game. Were we charger 5 to 10 bucks to play.

We are getting severe storms from the edges of the hurricane, but nothing real bad. My neighbors are putting up alot of their family that lives in that area. Their town is pretty far below sea level and is not expected to be their when they get back. It is so sad that they have the multi million dollars dams that are only effective up to a light 4 and won't help at all in this storm. My dad works on an oil tanker in the gulf and the ship is safely harbored in Tampa right now, but they were getting 20-30 ft swells on the way to Tampa. Thats pretty bad for open water.

Yes!  a food drive is a good idea!  I urge anyone who is in a church/school/etc. to start a canned food drive.  As importantly, if you can get people to donate clothes/blankets/radios/etc.  Things that will be needed.

I plan to start one, asap.  Also, a food drive at a large scale airsoft game could be beneficial.

Aaron

Good idea. I think i will talk to Mr.R about doing that. He owns a paintball feild but it is close enough. I just got done sending all the stuff to the redcross for the tsunami. Well no rest for the weary. School sarts wednsday so i will start the drive then. Any suggestions feel free to pm me with them.

:Dr_Evil:

Archived