Silenced Pistol....NEED...help....please

Cruiser1068

The digicon is a target pistol basically, they design it with no hop-up and to use their .3g bb's ;)

??? Well the description says it comes with .43g BB's but is happy using .2g at expense of accuracy. I'm happy using the heavier ammo, many people have advised me to use heavier ammo in more powerful pistols to improve accuracy and "stopping power"...why would this be no good for skirmishing and bottom line....how quiet is it???

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
??? Well the description says it comes with .43g BB's but is happy using .2g at expense of accuracy. I'm happy using the heavier ammo, many people have advised me to use heavier ammo in more powerful pistols to improve accuracy and "stopping power"...why would this be no good for skirmishing and bottom line....how quiet is it???

Never shot a Digico gun but you'd need to check the power. If it's designed to shoot 0.43g BBs any useful distance then it will be well over 1J power.

I think when Sale talks about "cutting the slide" of a gun he just means chopping it about, doing whatever you've gotta do, to get the silencer adaptor to fit.

i read somewhere they do 300fps out of the box ;) so they are a no no if thats right ;)

will see if i can find out where i read that again

Well, 300fps with 0.43g ammo equates to 1.8J energy.

Don't forget this is sold as a target pistol.

TBH, if you're gonna get a gun just for target shooting you might as well get an air pistol cos it'll shoot pellets which are more stable and, therefore, better for target shooting.

I have a new P99 nbb that I just used in the first skirmish this weekend. It shot great on propane. No issues at all.

I chrono'd it at 390 out of the box. (edit: w/ .25's)

I wouldn't call it silent. It was quiet enough that I got several kills where they couldn't tell where I was hiding.

I haven't had it long enough to give a solid recommendation but so far I love it.

Well, 300fps with 0.43g ammo equates to 1.8J energy.

Don't forget this is sold as a target pistol.

TBH, if you're gonna get a gun just for target shooting you might as well get an air pistol cos it'll shoot pellets which are more stable and, therefore, better for target shooting.

No no, I have a CO2 air pistol and a Weirauch HW45 for heavy duty plinking.....I definitely want a silent skirmish pistol. Needs to be legal (ish) and silent.

But like I said, I have this gorgeous leather moulded holster for a 92F beretta so if I could find one that fits the bill based on a 92F then thats what I would go for....hence my questions about the Digicon and the Marushin Taurus.

I will call Airsoft Dynamics tomorrow and see if they can give me some more detailed gen on the two guns with particular regard their power and silentness.

It seems hard to get detailed info on anything but the most popular weapons. Why these companies dont have decent (english language) websites with full product specs is beyond me, it would make buying a lot easier <_<

Digicon guns should be within legal limits if you stick to HFC134a.

My Digicon Desert Eagle (6" model) shoots 0.36g BB's dead on at 10m with GG at room temperature. The sights are zeroed so that the BB makes a high ballistic arc to compensate for lack of hop up. It can be used for skirmishing (where legal), but if you want to use lighter BB's you need a hop up system of some kind.

-------

What I meant by cutting the slide is only making room for the adapter. It goes over the outer barrel so you need to make the hole in the slide bigger. You can only do cosmetic damage, because the guns work even with the slide completely removed.

Another option would be to replace the outer barrel with an extended threaded model. Again as the parts are stationary, it should be fairly simple to adapt a barrel made for a GBB pistol of similar model, say a KJW USP or Marui Beretta.

----------

One thing a crazy DIY guy did to his KJW USP Tactical was that he blocked the movement of the valve lock on the magazine. The result was a very silent pistol (with a First Factory Knight's suppressor on it), but he had to rack the slide manually between shots. Very realistic if you ask me, but not too handy in a skirmish.

-Sale

It seems like a lot of work, considering you can just pay a £100 for a silenced pistol, ready to go. But, I guess it depends what Cruiser wants.

:zorro:

True. I would just buy a pistol and use it what its meant for. Then again we dont buy an ammalite to get 300 chanels on our RDS's ;) . I vote socom.

:Dr_Evil:

Bah got to the shop and the guy says he hasn't got any in despite telling me on the phone he had one.

OK, next question...if I go for the Socm then I dont want that hand cannon strapped to my thigh as it will severely hamper my crawling and running ability. Waist holster no good as drawing it will be damn near impossible so it will have to be a vertical shoulder holster so i hangs down under my left arm. I wont be bothering with the LAM as by all accounts its *beep*.

So can anyone recommend a decent quality shoulder holster big enough to take this monstrosity...preferably in black.

And Sid re your mag guide....you said to some guy that if he was in the states to buy a different type of mag:

Quote: "If you're in the USA your best bet is to buy KJW/STTi mags instead of Marui ones"

and he wouldnt have the problem....why not in the UK? Dont they sell them?

OK, next question...if I go for the Socm then I dont want that hand cannon strapped to my thigh as it will severely hamper my crawling and running ability. Waist holster no good as drawing it will be damn near impossible so it will have to be a vertical shoulder holster so i hangs down under my left arm. I wont be bothering with the LAM as by all accounts its *beep*.

So can anyone recommend a decent quality shoulder holster big enough to take this monstrosity...preferably in black.

go to www.cheaperthandirt.com and use the holster search engin. It is in the usa but it will give you a good idea of what you should get.

Ill try to find some for you incase they dont have any.

But heres the thing you will have a hard time finding a shoulder holster for that mamoth. The best i can do is This

And This

I will keep searching though

:Dr_Evil:

Archived