Silenced Pistol....NEED...help....please

Cruiser1068

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hmm, not sure they will be as easy to come by in UK as we dont have quite the demand for gun related products that you have over there.

What do you UK Socom fans use????

Well if you want to import than there is always This it is the sky sholder holster.

Thigh holsters arent that bad. Uncompany has a bunch of thigh holsters that are made to hold a mk23, 3 mags, lam unit, and scliencer. Here

:Dr_Evil:

the sky is too small going by descripton...and Ive ruled thigh holsters out....even my glock gets on my nerves on my thigh once I start moving quick, I imagine it would be better for urban stuff, room clearance and stuff but no good for crawling around in the woods.

It says it can hold a 10" barrel. Maby thats not big enough. Why not get a crossdraw vest. Should be good.

What do you UK Socom fans use????

One of these:

https://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG-FH

Gun is a very tight fit and there's nowhere to put the silencer but it is a damn sight nicer to wear than a Viper :P And the flap helps to stop the gun getting cruddy when you're ninja-ing about. Its quite pricey tho' :unsure:

:devil:

One of these:

https://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HSG-FH

Gun is a very tight fit and there's nowhere to put the silencer but it is a damn sight nicer to wear than a Viper :P And the flap helps to stop the gun getting cruddy when you're ninja-ing about. Its quite pricey tho' :unsure:

But he dpesnt want a thigh rig. He wants a shoulder holster.

But he dpesnt want a thigh rig. He wants a shoulder holster.

Very well put ;)

I will call Zero One tomorrow and ask about the Mil-Force large frame shoulder holster and see if it will take it......if it does I'll get the holster, gun and spare mag from them as they seem to be best price on just about all of it anyway.

If it doesnt I will get ###### off trying to find a suitable holster and will probably switch back to the P99 :P

Very well put  ;)

I will call Zero One tomorrow and ask about the Mil-Force large frame shoulder holster and see if it will take it......if it does I'll get the holster, gun and spare mag from them as they seem to be best price on just about all of it anyway.

If it doesnt I will get ###### off trying to find a suitable holster and will probably switch back to the P99  :P

Sounds good. You could always make a custom one out of a belt holster and a shoulder holster.

And Sid re your mag guide....you said to some guy that if he was in the states to buy a different type of mag:

Quote: "If you're in the USA your best bet is to buy KJW/STTi mags instead of Marui ones"

and he wouldnt have the problem....why not in the UK? Dont they sell them?

Not widely.

Airshooter sell the STTi pistol but I dunno if they sell spare mags.

In the USA STTi seem to be pretty widely available. Not in the UK though.

I got hold of a genuine HK SOCOM holster and, TBH, it ain't that impressive. As you say, the gun flops about quite badly when you're wearing it. Holstering the gun with the silencer attached is just hopeless.

Seeing as how I don't want the same problem again I'm in the process of looking for a shoulder holster for my Desert Eagle. A shoulder holster which fits a DE should fit the Mk23 but you'll need to find a seperate pouch for the silencer and any spare mags.

Seeing as how I don't want the same problem again I'm in the process of looking for a shoulder holster for my Desert Eagle. A shoulder holster which fits a DE should fit the Mk23 but you'll need to find a seperate pouch for the silencer and any spare mags.

Thats the prolbem. I searched for ones for a deagle and a socom and thats all my searching came up with. Maby i am just a bad searcher.

Not widely.

Airshooter sell the STTi pistol but I dunno if they sell spare mags.

In the USA STTi seem to be pretty widely available. Not in the UK though.

I got hold of a genuine HK SOCOM holster and, TBH, it ain't that impressive. As you say, the gun flops about quite badly when you're wearing it. Holstering the gun with the silencer attached is just hopeless.

Mags arent a problem but it would be nice to be able to keep the silencer attached although I guess Im dreaming there...hard to envisage not having the gun to hand but I'm guessing in a shoulder holster the muzzle would be close to my waist so the silencer would be down to my thigh....probably acceptable with a real Socom but not with a plastic gun....craaaaaaaaack.

Lemme know if you find anything sexy. Ive emailed this guy http://www.holsters.org/shoulder-holster.htm to see if he can help but doesnt seem to be anything in his range that looks right....his shoulder rigs are horizontal which just wont work with a cannon this size. This is the sort of rig I have for my Beretta and its gorgeous.

Mags arent a problem but it would be nice to be able to keep the silencer attached although I guess Im dreaming there...hard to envisage not having the gun to hand but I'm guessing in a shoulder holster the muzzle would be close to my waist so the silencer would be down to my thigh....probably acceptable with a real Socom but not with a plastic gun....craaaaaaaaack.

Well...

The Marui Mk23 outer barrel is metal and the silencer is metal so it isn't that fragile but it would probably be rather unweildy if it was hanging down vertically.

Equally, a horizontal holster would see the silencer sticking out about a foot behind you.

If I was you I'd just accept that you'll have to make do with a holter that won't work with the silencer.

TBH, if you're using the Mk23 as a sidearm then you won't worry about the silencer.

If, OTOH, you're planning on using it for sniping then you'll have plenty of time to remove the pistol from the holster and attach the silencer before you set off.

Personally, I use my Mk23 as a primary and use it with my P90 or MP5 slung. If I ever need to switch to the P90 then I just stuff the Mk23 down the front of my vest or just wedge it under my right arm.

To put things in perspective, the Mk23 with silencer is roughly the same length as a P90. Small, it ain't. ;)

[edit]

And that G&G metal kit is junk. I can't imagine a gun based on it being very smooth or reliable.

Very well put  ;)

If it doesnt I will get ###### off trying to find a suitable holster and will probably switch back to the P99  :P

Here's a shoulder holster that can be moulded to fit the socom specifically, the only niggles are the price and that each holster can only be used with one specific hand gun.

Can you post up how the holster works out, I might fancy a change.

Cheers

Demon

Sure will ;)

Here's a shoulder holster that can be moulded to fit the socom specifically, the only niggles are the price and that each holster can only be used with one specific hand gun.

Damn, now you tell me....although, I see the Socom listed but cant imagine how that would work as its horizontally mounted so with a frame as big as a Socom or Deagle it will presumably stick out behind you a foot!!!

Ah well if the Mil-force doesnt work out I'll give that ago maybe.

In fact going forward if I ever get into any pistol only games I might contact them and have them make me up a double draw rig :D Plus a couple of belt holsters, a couple of thigh holsters and a concealed ankle one too......just to be sure. Wont need to carry spare mags...just switch to another gun :blink:

Archived