AEG part correspondance (gearbox)

rapidfire

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question on the relationship between motors, springs and torque up gearsets.

So, we install a new spring, say going from 300 fps to 400 fps. This increases the stress on the gearbox, which we don't want. We install a set of 2x torque up gears (since I can't seem to find any at a 150% ratio increase), which lessons the stress on the gearbox to even less than was original present, but will decrease ROF to much lower levels with the standard motor.

If I was to install a high speed motor, would the stress on the mechbox be back up there with flat gears and an upgraded spring? Would the ROF be any faster than before we did the torque up gears?

Does a torque up motor eliminate the need for the torque up gears in the first place?

• 6 months later...

Bushing: A fixed removable cylindrical metal lining used to constrain, guide and reduce friction

Bearing: A device that supports guides and reduces the friction of motion between fixed moving machine parts.

Little doubts:

Does bushings and bearings go together, or some gearboxes can olny use one or the other? I guess i missed something....sorry... :unsure:

Is there a pic where both of them go on gearbox?

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is a fantastic guide. As a former tournament paintball player, I was quite the techy when it came to paintball guns. AEG's are completely different and I am new and know nothing. This was a great starting place to learn the basics about AEG function, thanks for taking the time to put this up.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived