ICS M4s and M203s

ColDaz

Righty, I've searched, and I've found two topics about mounting various M203s to CA M4s, but I didn't see any for ICS M4s and various M203s. There were 27 pages, and I looked at the first few, so if you only intend to whine, then get out of my thread.

Now, my problem.

I have heard before that there are several problems relating to mounting a proper shell firing (ie. not the TM shotty, but like the Sun Project or G&P ones that fire Moscarts) onto an ICS M4, such as having to cut down bits, to wobbles, and other such.

What I would like to hear would be opinions on what M203s would work best with an ICS M4, more than likely a retractable stock, but if you think it would be better with a full stock (battery issues and such), then please say.

Assume money is not an object.

Also, any advice on actually mounting the things, such as trouble spots, or just handy little tips would be more than appreciated.

Thanks!

Daz

*I did use to whine about M4s and how much I hated them, but meh, I;ve changed my mind.*

Okay, I don't HAVE an m203 for my ICS m4, but I'm getting one very soon and have looked into it. Apparently there are two, what I've refered to before, "Wing looking things" on the base of the barrel on the ICS m4's, and I havn't seen the TM m4's but I assume they must have them as well, because the G&P M203 (TM versions) have little slots where these go into and hold the m203 on. So I ASSUME that the TM version G&P m203's SHOULD work fine on the ICS m4's, until I get my m203, I'm just speculating until somebody posts saying that it will fit without modification, or it wont.

Edit: Sorry I didn't actually answer what you wanted to hear. I have a RIS on my m4, and I have a G&P PEQ box on the side. I have a retractable stock, so this was a nice solution for the RIS. I prefer them over fixed stocks because they're nice to shorten when going indoors. So if you don't have a RIS on your m4, and you want an m203, then either get a RIS and a PEQ, or get a fake mag that has a battery in it and get a mag pouch and put it on your stock, or get a fixed stock. I prefer the RIS for accessory options, but it's really up to you on how you want a battery on your m4.

Hm, I have looked at certain retractable stocks (which I would like to have, as the whole point of an M4 for me is that it's shorter than an M16, which really looks bad to me), which actually hold the battery inside, so may look into that.

Thanks for the help mate.

Archived