Just curious if there is a way for me to turn off viewing the new posts in the team discussion area.

I guess it would be like adding someone to my block list, except it would be the whole subforum.

I'm not sure if the feature exists, and I just can't find it, or if it's just not possible.

Anyway, thanks.

I might be just a whiner, but can those team forums be private?

5 teams, 5 new threads a day, and 5 posts in each thread is 125 times that a thread pops into the "new posts" search.

All for a bunch of stuff that is even more "off topic" to most people than the off topic stuff.

My $5 opinion, and I'll just clam up about it from here on out.

I might be just a whiner, but can those team forums be private?

Yup, but more work for arnie :(

All for a bunch of stuff that is even more "off topic" to most people than the off topic stuff.

True, its only relevent for the people in teh team

Second the above. Especially when a lot of the threads seem to be started for the sake of it.

How many 'roster' threads does team atlas need, for the love of god?

Even though i have a team forum i will second that ;) i have deleted a lot of posts and a few topics befor in mine :) why don't they delete their old roster threads or just edit the old ones :unsure:

I've had a few requests for team sub-forums so I'm adding a quick topic here with a simple FAQ in it so that I can ease and speed up the setup of a section.

If you want a team subforum I need to know:

-Your team name

-Who you want as mods for the sub-forum (I need exact and correct forum nicknames)

-Description of your team (single sentence)

-Any special request, such as a password so that only your member's with the password can read it

I can do private forums so that only a special group can read and see the section, but to be honest that's a bit of a swine to setup, so if you want something private it's easier to run on the single password setup.

Finally, please PM me the request directly and I'll sort it all out for you as soon as I can.

Specifically:

if you want something private it's easier to run on the single password setup.

So, sounds like it was offered, appropriate, and although some work, not that much...

EDIT: for that matter, make the whole (teams) subsection have the same password, such as "team" that way anyone who wants in to see the posts, can do so at their preference.

Edited by Ledpocket