Your most pointless gear purchases?

HaVoC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About that flecktarn winter hat...

It seems this thread might actually be profitable to the gear addicts :D

With my reluctance to admit defeat, after ordering 1X medium flecktarn BDU from surplusandadventure.com and realising the trousers were child size.

I decided to invest in some OD gators to bridge the gap beween bare leg and boot coming to a nice £19.99 (the same price as the BDU in the first place!)

A rather helpful 'friend' of mine later added that I "Put the gay in gators"

:headbutt:

• 10 months later...
'cause I'm sure we all can put ourselves out of the path of something moving at 300 fps.

You've never had someone move out of the path of your BBs? Come on, be honest. And we're not talking about 300 FPS here. We all know that at 50 feet your BB is going 120 FPS anyways.

Some Nomex Aviator gloves... the day after I ordered them, I found out my dad has 5 pairs in the basement from the USAF.

But what did I really WANT that was useless? Probably ALTA knee pads in black, OD, and coyote brown... becuase you know a certain color doesn't go with a certain load out.

Oh man where do i start?

Besides excesive amounts of DPM combat gear that make my room look better stocked than my unit stores. I would either say my US 40mm grenade vest a set of 37 pattern webbing an ALICE webbing a south african belt kit a PLCE Chest rig (im giving this to my friend in the US and in return im getting a few bits of MOLLE gear cos u gits can get hold of it easier than us. Well the woodland camo stuff u can get easier i suppose) erm besides that what else is there? erm i suppose my 58 webbing is usless. I will update as i find more useless stuff i have bought or as i buy more useless stuff. Plus what is that thing in ur picture havoc?

Grim

Black plate carrier vest. No molle, just a way to make my chest sweat in CQB.

Black and white shemagh. I thought it would look all OPFOR-y. It did, but your opponents can see you quite well. The anti-camo. No one wanted to stand near me during games.

A Chinese AK mag chest rig with arabic writing on the insides of the pouches, purchased very used for quite a bit more than the basic piece would have cost.

A real bullet proof vest, so I could play a fed. It weighed too much and again, couldn't hold any pouches but left my shirt sweat stained.

Finally, the grandaddy of dumb ones: A real steel MICH. It looked so cool, and it came a three color desert cover that had obviously seen much time in the sun. It was very heavy, made my neck hurt, and cost $250.

Archived