Your most pointless gear purchases?

HaVoC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it extends my head up a few inches, making it easier for me to get hit. Speaking of which, it makes a very distinctive noise when hit. Maybe that's a good thing so I know when I get hit. :P I hardly wear it anymore though because my hair has grown too long and it looks dumb under my helmet.

All my purchases are pointless recently, mainly because they're in desert pattern :P

Let's see... a Bowman radio, with no knobs or aerial. Bergen liners for a bergen I've never worn. A S95 desert jacket (because I already had a pre-95 one). A desert patrol pack cover (because how silly would I look with a woodland ruck around here? :rolleyes: ). I was also given a cold-weather desert jacket. Hmm...

half the stuff i own

i didnt need to buy the dutch patrol pack but i did anyway, woodland cammo BDU cap, i dont have any other WC, webtex collapsable waterbowl cuz i wanted to be different and diddnt want my mess tins to have soap and tooth past lining them(never used it)

Desert 95s, (theres no desert in england) flecktarn shirt(never worn) PLCE(never used)

webtex combat 2000 vest ( i brought this after my first anual camp with cadets, i didnt know anythin about gear and i brought it becuz it could carry 12 mags, this was befor i started airsoft so when am i gonna need that many mag pouches in cadets the most we ever get is 120rnds in a weekend and thats if we are really lucky, otherwise its 75rnd[30rnds for the night ambush, 15rnds incase the enemy attack us at night and 30rnds for the section attack, usually were only issued one mag) i wish id spent the money on an arktis vest

Actually, it extends my head up a few inches, making it easier for me to get hit.  Speaking of which, it makes a very distinctive noise when hit.  Maybe that's a good thing so I know when I get hit. :P  I hardly wear it anymore though because my hair has grown too long and it looks dumb under my helmet.

Eh... I rather get in in the head in CQB then without it.

Molle Admin Pouch. The kind that has a flap on top not the normal open kind. It basically takes up all the space i have left for molle gear on the vest and doesnt serve any purpose other than holding my Calico Jack Patch which now resides on the arm of my BDU jacket thanks to some RAID modifications. Oh by the way if anyones looking for an Admin Pouch PM me :D

I have no pieces of useless gear. Actually, I have a lot, but it's all on display. My only really used pieces of gear would be my Pre-Gulf War camoflage pants, jacket, and cap. I have a lot of WWII stuff, though. Four helmets (one for each main country, one original, two post-war, one repro), two full sets of web gear (British and German), assorted items, and the British P49 BDU set. The only things I really use of those are the helmets, which I wear while playing FPS games. AS for useless Airsoft gear, nothing.

-Ready for extraction.

Black bandana. I tried to wear it, but it always slides off my head.

Drop-leg dual Ingram magazine pouch in woodland. Doesn't count as I got it with my Ingram (and no spare magazines, go figure!).

MICH with NVG mount, I've worn it once, looks cool but kinda impractical unless the weather is right (not too hot) or other people are wearing 'em. I hate going to games where I'm the only one in real tac gear.

Probably the most useless is my OTAL laser, seriously, it's a military grade laser, for what purpose? No clue, I don't play CQB with AEGs, and it's about as useless as a screendoor on a submarine, when it comes to daytime games. But it's neat. That's about as much as I can justify it. Sadly.

In what environment??!!!??? The 2 that works the best for me is mulitcam and MARPAT.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8867/22jul06014sa9.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Liquid Sky.

ACU actually works pretty awesome in dry weather in SOCAL, both at that field which I've never been too, and my home field in the summer.

Also, check this out (US Army Training)

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/eudes/aan

A lot of people think ACU sucks because they're looking at it up close. ANY camouflage pattern sucks up close. ACU rocks from a decent distance away.

------------------------

And to keep on topic, another useless gear purchase- a BHPG strobe pouch. I got it because it looked cool on one of my util pouches.

MICH with NVG mount, I've worn it once, looks cool but kinda impractical unless the weather is right (not too hot) or other people are wearing 'em. I hate going to games where I'm the only one in real tac gear.

If you wear your MICH to the next Fort Ord match that uses BDUs, I'll break out my upgraded K-Pot. :D Most useless $130 I've ever spent.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/8867/22jul06014sa9.jpg

Photo Courtesy of Liquid Sky.

ACU actually works pretty awesome in dry weather in SOCAL, both at that field which I've never been too, and my home field in the summer.

Also, check this out (US Army Training)

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/eudes/aan

A lot of people think ACU sucks because they're looking at it up close. ANY camouflage pattern sucks up close. ACU rocks from a decent distance away.

Next time anybody in the military is sitting on a rock in an open field or next to a grey wooden buidling... post please.

ACUs suck, the US army still need a woodland/jungle BDU, if we get in a conflict in Asia any time soon... were fvcking screwed.

my mich 2002 w/ NVG mount. Now that is utterly useless in airsoft. First of all its too hot and heavy. 2nd, i dont actually have the funds for NVG. These days i only rock my mich if other people in my team are rocking it, otherwise it stays in the closet.

well..hmmm ...aahhh ....my "problem" are camos :unsure:

I´m addicted to Camo Outfits .... :P

I bought a complete ACU Set incl. Boonie and Helmet Cover once. But I never found the right place or time to use it. Sold it just a week ago... just to spend the earned money in another Camo Set- I might use one day- right away... :rolleyes::huh:

Archived