Pics Of Your Guitar

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can't post any pics at the moment... Goddamn, it's 05:05 AM!!

I'll just run you quickly through my main rig.

My main working guitar is a Fender Japanese 1972 reissue Strat, in Yellow White, with black hardware. I'm a massive Ritchie Blackmore fan, and as such, the middle pickup is fully lowered into the scratchplate. The bridge pickup has been replaced with a Seymour Duncan SSL-4 Quarter Pound. I had a luthier scallop the fretboard, change the radius from a 7.25 to a compound radius of 7.25 - 8.5, re-fret it, and change the nut to a SlipStone. I use Picato strings, Special Gauge, RB-77's.

I also have a 2004 Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat, which I got as an 18th birthday present. I don't use it as much as I used to, it's still my baby though.

My pedalboard has a BOSS NG-2 Noise Gate, a BOSS Metal Zone, a BOSS OC-3 Octave, a BOSS CS-3 Compressor, a BOSS Digital Metalizer, and a BOSS Auto-Wah.

It also has a BOSS Tuner, and two custom made pedals (My dad makes these from scratch). I have a clone of a Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster, and a clone of a TS-808 TubeScreamer (with most mods known to man, and a microswitch allowing me to switch in and out different diodes, to alter the tone). He is currently building me a clone of a Pro-Co RAT, again, with all the mods.

My amp is a 1981 Marshall JCM 800 100 Watt head, with a slanted 1981 Marshall 4X12 1960A cab.

I use Stubby Triangle picks. Yes... The 3mm ones... Don't know why, just find them extremely comfortable.

I will post pics as soon as I can. I am currently at the Brighton Institute of Modern Music, on the first year of my degree, studying guitar.

Ben.

http://www.myspace.com/benashleyguitar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lol, I have exactly the same Epi...

I hate Les Pauls, and Gibsons in general... But the colour... I love blue, and can't afford the Whale Blue PRS Custom, so when I saw it in a guitar shop, I just had to have it!

Nice Ibanez though... I've got a few other guitars, I'll post pics tomorrow after my skirmish.

Ben.

while niether of your guitars are to my taste, what i do appreciate are the bareknuckle pick-ups. ive been toying with the idea of fitting some in my strat since the business started up a few years ago. i remember reasding about them being a new company in a guitar magazine a while ago. never got round to it though.

how are they ?

A few guys at my uni have them, and they're pretty nice, especially in the bridge.

Ben.

EDIT: We should all do an Arnie's Airsoft Jam - something simple like a 12 Bar - everyone record an MP3 of them playing the rhythm and some lead to the same backing track, and cut/change/mix it all into a nice little talent showcase.

Did something similar in a guitar forum a few years ago, and it sounded pretty good.

Just an idea! :D

Edited by L4byr1nth

Hey everyone, sorry for the double-post.

I got hold of a ESP LTD GL500K (George Lynch Kamikaze Signature Model) some time ago, and I never ever play it. It's in really good condition, like all my guitars, and this particular one has just been sitting in it's gig bag for a year or two.

Need funds, and was hoping a Dokken fan in the U.K. might be interested?

Not sure they make these anymore. It was listed in the shop as £900.00, but I paid significantly less than that.

gl500kmain1.jpg

That's what it looks like.

It has a nice flat fretboard for all you shredders out there, Duncan Designed Demon pickup at the bridge, and another Duncan Designed at the neck, though not sure what model. Licensed Floyd Rose trem, push/pull pickup select, no tone pot, reverse-banana headstock as standard.

I'm much more of a Strat guy, and don't really remember why I bought this, if not for the wicked-cool Kamikaze graphic!

It's in excellent condition. If anyone wants it, give me a shout. Otherwise I'm putting it on eBay (although Arnies' members always have the right to ask me to end my auctions early, as long as they definitely want the item/have the money ready, etc).

Looking in the region of £450.00 for this, considering the condition. Will drop to £400.00 if you can collect from Brighton, or if it's just out of your price range, etc.

Ben.

• 1 month later...
A few guys at my uni have them, and they're pretty nice, especially in the bridge.

Ben.

EDIT: We should all do an Arnie's Airsoft Jam - something simple like a 12 Bar - everyone record an MP3 of them playing the rhythm and some lead to the same backing track, and cut/change/mix it all into a nice little talent showcase.

Did something similar in a guitar forum a few years ago, and it sounded pretty good.

Just an idea! :D

Sounds interesting.

And an artsy-fartsy shot I took of my bro's new Epi LP

I'd call it 'The Picking Hand':

op64uv.jpg

Edited by T0p Sp!N
pretty high action...

^_^

That's how it came brand new, so it just might seem high, especially from that angle and lighting.

I recently installed a Graph Tech nut, so the string height was tweaked a bit.

My brother seems to like it that way, so no worries.

Edited by T0p Sp!N