Pics Of Your Guitar

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

picture004-2.jpg

Not as cool as most but it's certainly better than the one that was lent to me and a lot more fun to play than my bass.

Does it make sense to get a hard case if I already have a soft one? I generally only travel to and from where my instructor teaches once a week, but it seems to get knocked around a lot even inside the case. It's not a very expensive guitar and I plan on getting something high-end much later on (when I'm actually any good :P), but still...

Also, are those little things that hold picks on the guitar stupid, or are they actually useful enough to buy and clip on?

I find them extremely annoying, but I stick one on my amp, and that's slightly more useful.

Hard cases are cool, but not really comfortable if you travel a lot with them. Soft cases/gig bags are cool too, but don't offer much protection.

For an acoustic, I'd reccommend a semi-hardcase. It's like a gigbag, but instead of just foam, it's got like a tough polystyrene shell, and thus offers more protection than a gig bag, but isn't as heavy/cumbersome as a traditional hard case.

Ben.

I find them extremely annoying, but I stick one on my amp, and that's slightly more useful.

Hard cases are cool, but not really comfortable if you travel a lot with them. Soft cases/gig bags are cool too, but don't offer much protection.

For an acoustic, I'd reccommend a semi-hardcase. It's like a gigbag, but instead of just foam, it's got like a tough polystyrene shell, and thus offers more protection than a gig bag, but isn't as heavy/cumbersome as a traditional hard case.

Ben.

Hmm, annoying how? Might get one just to try it since I think they're only a few bucks. I know picks are only a few cents each, but I always lose them or they get tossed around and litter m,y furniture. I have a little tray on my amp for picks, but they never get put back in there.

How do you mean not comfortable? Just not as easy to carry? To be honest I think I'll just stick with the bag it came with since it's the cheapest route. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I'd get either a padded gigbag, or a semi-hardcase.

They're not comfortable because guitars get heavy after holding them for an extended period, and you can't sling it over your shoulder, or whatever.

Also, at B.I.M.M., they're not even allowed, because they present a fire hazard in large numbers, or something similar, so I might be bias.

Hehehehhe all my guitars are kept in hardcases at home.

I am getting an ESP Custom Shop. 3 - 6 months for it to be built :(

Ben.

• 1 month later...
Hi there. Sometimes i try to combine my two hobbies, airsoft and music...well this is what I get.

http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu61/Op...-Jazzmaster.jpg

Sorry if it was a bad joke, It's 2.36 AM I have to wake up soon for a game and I can't sleep.

Have a good nite.

Dual weilding P90s I see...

• 5 months later...

dsc02817bt.jpg

Hearfield by Fender Talon II, The Forgotten Fender

-24 frets, Flat Wizard II type neck, Dimarzio SD and Super3, Floyd Rose Orig.

My bro's Les Paul Custom

-'Tiger' Flame top, EMG setup with 'single coil' splitting switching-knob, Bigsby Vibrato., Gotoh Locking Tuners, Wilkinson Locking Roller Bridge

Nice axes!

I'm debating over whether or not to build my dream Fender Custom Shop guitar, at the cost of nearly £3000.00...

Ben.

Thanks.

I've also been contemplating building my own.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a light weight (alder, basswood) SG type guitar with 24 frets. The cutaway(s) would be cut and sanded so I can reach the 24 frets easily (like how it is with my Talon).

Also, I was thinking of putting a nice virbrato/trem. on it (eg. Kahler).

X2N, Single coil sized HB, and a Deactivator X in an HSH setup.

I think it would cost below $1000, $300 if I can source certain parts cheaply.

If I had the cash, though, I'd make a Jimi strat or a 'shredding' strat (Dual locking Floyd, scalloping, Extra big frets - the works).

:thumbs-up:

Hehehehe mine already has the scalloping and extra huge frets... No crappy Floyd Rose on it though :bleh:

Anyone familiar with a certain eBay shop, 'Stratosphere'?

I was thinking of just getting a Custom Shop body, a decent neck, and a loaded scratchplate, and mashing them together.

Ben.

Hehehehe mine already has the scalloping and extra huge frets... No crappy Floyd Rose on it though :bleh:

Anyone familiar with a certain eBay shop, 'Stratosphere'?

I was thinking of just getting a Custom Shop body, a decent neck, and a loaded scratchplate, and mashing them together.

Ben.

Yeah, I think their seller name is 'reliablefender', right?

I've heard they're pretty reliable. All their parts are genuine Fender, from what people have said.

Edited by T0p Sp!N
  • 3 weeks later...