Pics Of Your Guitar

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice, my step grandad had a 60s LP and sold it in the 60's if he kept it it would be worth a fortune now

Indeed!

So, basically (and the way Mark Knoplfer put it himself) all we care is:

Girls, Cars, Guitars. I shall add "and Rifles".

I don't think there's anyhting else worth looking at

to catergorically say thick guitars sound better than thin ones is wrong.

and nobody makes guitars out of hazel.

the sound of a guitar cannot be contributed to any one thing, like body wood.

its not just about the thickness, or even the type of wood, but the mixture of woods (body, neck, fretboard) and the finish applied to them, not to mention the pick-ups, action, strings.

with my strat, when i got it it was strung with 9's. which sucks. it sounded nice, but im not a 9's man.

so i set it up with .12's, and it sounds like a completely different guitar, i changed nothing other than the strings and action, and i got a new guitar.

Soloman, is the Gothic series the one with the matte black paint and no fret markers apart from a cross on the twelfth fret? If so, they're quite sexy even though they're a posers guitar, as you said. Flying V's are really nice in general I think.

Soloman, is the Gothic series the one with the matte black paint and no fret markers apart from a cross on the twelfth fret? If so, they're quite sexy even though they're a posers guitar, as you said. Flying V's are really nice in general I think.

Yes they are, and they also have a layer of galvanised (sp?) rubber around it so that it dosnt get chipped. Pity they used baseline models for the series, otherwise they would have been HUGE imo.

Edit: or am i thinking of a different guitar? They might have been a custom one, im not entirely sure.

Edited by richie_j

re: ENGL amp. The company makes laods of very good mainstream hardware.

Just make sure you try it pproperly. I mean volume and tone

Crank it up and play for at least half and hour. Really try to listen to the sound. Wack the gain up, play a while, and bring it down to see if the speakers inside can handle it.

Do you know how old it is? How long it's been on display?

Is it a valve amp? How does it sound with pedals going into it?

re: ENGL amp. The company makes laods of very good mainstream hardware.

Just make sure you try it pproperly. I mean volume and tone

Crank it up and play for at least half and hour. Really try to listen to the sound. Wack the gain up, play a while, and bring it down to see if the speakers inside can handle it.

Do you know how old it is? How long it's been on display?

Is it a valve amp? How does it sound with pedals going into it?

Apparntly, its a shop owners personal amp, and he's getting it through him rather than a shop or summin, i wasnt paying attention, but im pretty sure its all in good nick and according to him, it looks brand new.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah 'tis very nice. Just never use it, better to go to someone that will use it a lot, and me have a shiney new rifle (or whatever) that i will use ^_^

I shall take pics later today :D