Can we get rid of this mickey mouse stuff?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not too *fruitcage* hard to *fruitcage* avoid saying *fruitcage* "*fruitcage*" as much as *fruitcage* possible.

It's the *fruitcage* sensible thing to *fruitcage* do.

(Yes, this *fruitcage* post is *fruitcage* childish.)

Using the F word just adds so much emphasis to your point though..

Yeah, but it's such a 'C2D' thing to do. Words like "Blinking", and "Flipping", and other acceptable English words can be used in its place to achieve the same result. After all, this is a PG-13 forum and it's down to our members to keep the content PG-13. The language filter was only introduced because many members couldn't keep things PG-13.

If you take a look at other similar forums that don't have a PG-13 rule as far as language goes, you'll notice that the harsh language posted makes the environment noticably more hostile than it is here ;)

Using the F word just adds so much emphasis to your point though..

Does it? Not to me.

If I read something like "get this *fruitcage* gun. It shoots *fruitcage* great, and looks *fruitcage* kool. Get it FTW!!", I won't take it seriously at all.

If someone wants to emphasis any point, please do it with logic, reason, and supporting evidence. Cursing words only adds a contrary effect to the point you are trying to make.

Indeed. Curse words are the lazy tool of the weak mind. There are plenty of other ways of getting your point across and making a far more permanent stamp on the minds of your readers than swearing at them. I for one have never once been tempted to swear on a public forum and I feel that I have been able to get my point across whenever I have needed to without the help of the bottom rung of the linguistic ladder ;)

Indeed.  Curse words are the lazy tool of the weak mind.  There are plenty of other ways of getting your point across and making a far more permanent stamp on the minds of your readers than swearing at them.  I for one have never once been tempted to swear on a public forum and I feel that I have been able to get my point across whenever I have needed to without the help of the bottom rung of the linguistic ladder ;)

Indeed.

I have no problems belittling or mocking people without resorting to obscene words. :P

In general, I do think swearing has its place. However, I think that this place IS better without it.

To be fair, though, Sp00n's not suggesting we allow swear-words. He's just asking that "fruitcage" is banished.

Even if you dont agree with swearing the "fruitcage" thing is just childish. Sometimes I wonder if Im on a sesame street forum..

Yeah, point taken. I'm not a fan of the "Fruitcage" movement, but then it doesn't affect me because the language filter never kicks in on my posts.