King arms M14 RAS with tm M14 (Pics)

Actually I mentioned how much it was in a post above...

compared to the sopmod this is really just a medium range gun..it's far too long to be maneuver-able..

I will definitely shorten this to m1a scout lenght

• 4 weeks later...

Not really since I am not going to put my bipod on anyway..I am making it into a M1a scout,(pics pretty soon)

But anyway in theory you could fill some of the space with something like eproxy resin... or you could get a block of wood, shape it so that it fits in the stock and then drill a bipod stud on to it. This would probably help to spread teh force along the stock..

Edited by FUmiYAsu

thanks mate i look forward to the pics what you are doing is very much what id like to do so i more then likely have more questions soon

is there a short barrel for the tm m14 now are you waiting on one?

id love a link if you know of one

Edited by trip

nope, not on the market other than the X-fire one that isn't available anywhere...

I am actually going to have mine made and get the original flashhider modded.

I should have them by Tuesday...if I am not too busy I will take some pics..

Another thing that I found (well someone told me) was that the TM M14 barrel and flashhider is actually different in size to the real one.

Edited by FUmiYAsu

Nope...not yet...

To tell you the truth, the guy that's custom making my barrel and flashhider is DeeDee... and he forgot to send it on monday so i haven't got it yet...he should send it tomorrow.. but the TM barrel is in really irregular sizes so he said he probably won't make another one unless someone orders 100 of them as it's proving to be quite a hazzle to make one......see his website for details...

As for the GP one, I think it's better than the KA 1st gen in the way tht the rear mount is adjustible in height but the 2nd gen KA also have this feature..The parts all seem nices so it should be quite solid but the trades on the picture seemed a little smaller than the real one...not sure whether this is like a pre-production model or wht...

• 1 month later...
The one I used was for M16 since there wasn't one available at that time for the M14, but now they are out, so the 500mm M14 barrel you are refering to should not need any modding to fit..

A couple of questions:

Did you install new hop-up bucking for the tight bore?

Do you have jamming problems with the tightbore (with high quality bbs)? I assume your M14 is stock.

Do you notice any fps change? Does the tightbore affect your full auto performance?

Thanks.

Edited by leemovie

Do you have jamming problems with the tightbore (with high quality bbs)? I assume your M14 is stock.

It's stock, couldn't be bothered to upgrade it as it's only going to be abt 20 fps until I reach 328... But no, I have not had a single jam with it, except when I was trying to use .30s with it one of my mags doesn't feed hard enough to push the ammo in... but you shouldn't really use .30s for this anyway... .25 would be the best..

Do you notice any fps change? Does the tightbore affect your full auto performance?

Haven't had it chrono'ed but it does seem to shoot slightly harder as the piece of metal that I used to shoot at get a deeper dent after the tightbore. And no it didn't affect the full auto.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

does anyone here have the G&G version of the gun? i got a few questions, but everyone seems to have the TM one... lol, im too cheap for the TM one, and even for the G&G, bought it when it was on sale... if u guys want pictures of the G&G version M14, i have the regular black plastic stock, so just tell me.

Oh, and also, ur picture taking skill is amazing, very nice pics.