Low profile goggles......

Ghost_Rider

I've just purchased the King arms full face mask. I'm wanting something along the lines of the Wiley X Sg1s to complete the 'ninja' look I'm going for in CQB. However, I'm told that they fog like the dickens, even with fog-tech applied, so I was wondering if anyone could reccomend anything similar that does not suffer this fogging problem?

If you want a cheap alternative to anti-fog solution, try dishwashing liquid.

Get a clean rag that wont scratch your lens, then apply a few drops of dishwashing liquid to the rag then proceed to rub your lens. Rub it until the discoloration and blurriness go away. Should keep you antifogged for hours, just dont get water on that lens =]

what do the goggles you want look like ?

what constitutes ninja stylee ?

i have found some mesh goggles, which are basically just swimming goggles with mesh, they are in the US though.

That sounds interesting - any linkage?

ESS Profile NVG's. Low profile and if you remove the foam around the edges they will not fog at all.

I already have a set of oakley e-frames - the ESS NVG's are too 'ski goggle like' for what I'm looking for. Something with a defined break between the eyes is what I'm after.

ESS advancers clicky

Don't know much anything else though. Hope that helps.

Now that's the kind of thing I'm after, but a little pricy.

For an idea of the look I'm trying to achieve, see this pic.

ninjas2.gif

That sounds interesting - any linkage?

I already have a set of oakley e-frames - the ESS NVG's are too 'ski goggle like' for what I'm looking for. Something with a defined break between the eyes is what I'm after.

Now that's the kind of thing I'm after, but a little pricy.

For an idea of the look I'm trying to achieve, see this pic.

ninjas2.gif

Those are sunglasses. You can actually buy them :D .

mesh goggley things

there you go dude.

they are actually wood-chippers goggles, but 2 members of my team has them, and they stand up to skirmishnig, and were obviously tested at pointblank etc etc.

you do know you've just subjected everyone within earshot of him to inane Richard B. Riddick quotes for ever and ever now dont you? :D

Those are sunglasses.  You can actually buy them  :D .

Well, they are substantially modified sungalsses, but you're right, they're based off an oakley deisgn.

However, If I had the requisite £150 I'd be putting it into the fund for the twins, not on a pair of goggles that may not even stand up to skirmishing.

you do know you've just subjected everyone within earshot of him to inane Richard B. Riddick quotes for ever and ever now dont you? :D

What, like I didn't do that already......

Well, they are substantially modified sungalsses, but you're right, they're based off an oakley deisgn.

Not quite G_R, they're called 'Over the Tops' and you used to be able to buy them off the Oakley website as a Blade 2 tie-in.

And AFAIK all oakley glasses and goggles are ballistic rated.

Please note: I am not saying all Oakleys will shatter. Like the S10 respirator lenses, I think it's something to do with degradation over time.

At the end of the day, these were '£100 oakley' sunglasses that were supposedly 'ballistic rated' according to the user. When hit point blank with a tuned aeg, they cracked and then shattered.

User was not happy.

Wether they were original oakleys or a cheap knockoff, I'm not sure. The user seemed adamant they were genuine, but then he could have been bullshitting.

I just got a pair of ESS Turbo Cam Low-profiles, and I rather like them. The felt, which feels a little itchy at first mats down after a little sweat. plus, above that they're brand new so I would imagin it would feel a bit different.

Now, you said they were too 'ski goggle' ish. This is right to a point, but I find the extra protection around the eye area nice. Plus, it keeps dust/dirt out too. The fan keeps the dust out.. yeah, they're pretty expensive. But I've gotten Normal ESS's, Bolle 800XT's, 2 Sets of Wiley-x's, if I would of just gotten them from the start, It would of saved me a TON of money.. and alot of hassel.

Plus, the fan is really quiet..

I had Wiley-X's both the XL-1's and the SG-1's. Now, I hate my SG-1's... fog in a heart beat really. The XL-1's got stolen from a site, but they only fogged when they were pretty tight against my face. When I wore them with out the band, or the band loose, they were fine.

Btw. I have the SG-1 V-cuts.

So yeah.. you might be going to looks.. but for Function.. the Turbo Cams work Greaat.

Archived