WA Beretta M92FS PV barrel wobble?

ColDaz

Right.

I have a brand new Beretta M92FS PV from Western Arms, thats had about two and a half mags through it.

I've never had or fired a Beretta (airsoft or real steel) before, but I am pretty darn sure that this is a problem I have, and not part of the design.

Thing is, the outer barrel is wobbly, and when it is fired, or racked, then it comes back with the rest of the slide (which I am quite sure it isn't supposed to).

So, if anyone can guess what the problem might be, and a way of fixing it (I have no expercience repairing GBBs), then it will be much appreciated. I am also seeking advice from the shop I bought it from.

Thanks,

Daz

No - Something sounds very wrong if the barrel stays in place relative to the slide during blowback (Although it's hard to see how the barrel could overcome the magazine, to be honest).

Any chance of some photos of this as it's hard to imagine what the problem might be off the top of my head...?

Edit : Actually one thought. Have you field stripped the gun? If so, is it possible that you didn't push the outer barrel back when reassembling, ensuring the barrel engages with the takedown lever properly?

Cheers

Hi mate, and I don't have any pictures but I'll try to find some photos and edit them and post em here.

And I haven't done anything other than take out the magazine really.

EDIT: Right, the red highlighted part (which I have called the outer barrel, though it might not be called that [slips on dunces hat]) is the part that moves back when I pull back the slide or when the gun is fired.

Tell me if the pic doesn't upload properly or you can't see it or anything.

post-2440-1125929077_thumb.jpg

Pretty much.

If you look at the picture (its a pic off the net, I don't have a digital camera, so not my gun), then the red part moves back about a centimeter further than that, if either the slide is pulled back or the slide is locked back empty, or you can see it while firing.

It does also wobble and make a bit of a noise.

Thanks for the help mate.

On the Beretta the barrel moves back in a straight line until the locking wedges move it.

So it looks as though its wobbly cos the mech doesnt lock up until firing occurs. Its part of the design.

I dunno though your problem sounds a bit more extreme...

Is the gun still firing and feeding ok?

Maybe the outer barrel is damaged cos theres no way it could normally move THAT much!

It feeds and fires fine, but perhaps the outer barrel is damaged.

Just a quick question, but if you push back with your thumb on the outter abrrel from the front, does it move at all?

With the slide not locked back, does it start to puch it back a little?

With it locked back does it move a centimeter or so?

Cheers.

It moves a little bit when it is in battery, the slide movement is actually more noticeable.

The outer barrel moves a bit on all accounts except when the slide is locked back I think. That seems to be the limit of its travel. Maybe your outer barrrel is damaged. It is only plastic after all!!! It shouldnt move back too much if the slide is mating up properly when the gun is ready to fire, but some sideways movement is to be expected

In battery is when the slide is forward.

I think you're probably worryingly without cause. There is a little movement in the barrel, which is part of the design (probably the Beretta one, as most internal parts are very similar on all airsoft Berettas).

If it's feeding and firing fine, you almost certainly do not have a problem.

Cheers.

Most real steel pistols use a recoilling barrel system where the barrel moves backwards slightly with the slide which is copied by virtually all airsoft replicas. The cutout slide of the Beretta design probably only makes this more noticeable.

What I meant is that the Beretta doesnt fully lock up until the slide and barrel move straight back together, then cams and unlocks.

unlike the Browning mech which starts from a locked up position and then moves back to unlock.

Its why the Beretta is slightly more accurate in real life

Archived