MULTICAM:

Maple-Leaf

I've just been looking over the TACGEAR.de stuff in MULTICAM again and I'll be damned if the photos in their gallery didn't make me stop and think - maybe MULTICAM really is the most awesome camouflage pattern yet applied to military uniforms?

Opinions?

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That really is awesome. Damn their high prices! I just might be poor for the next 6 years!

Crye Precision is expensive - TACGEAR are actually fairly reasonable (€99 for an awesome smock, €59.90 for an awesome pair of trousers). Other suppliers are starting to do Multicam stuff - I imagine it won't be long until the stuff doesn't cost such a premium anymore.

I was planning on getting a set of TACGEAR's stuff in DANCAM - now I'm not so sure....

Don't take this the wrong way, but what cave on which planet have you been hiding in?! :P

Pouches are becoming a bit more common now it seems, which would appeal to some.

I'm still not a fan though, especially when it comes to woodland. I guess it's just too light for my liking. I like the white blobs mind you; they remind me of when I get pigeon cr@p on my clothes :D

Don't take this the wrong way, but what cave on which planet have you been hiding in?! :P

Hey - what's up Doc? I ain't been hidin' in no cave. In fact, if you search, you'll see that I was one of the first people to bring up the topic of MULTICAM on this board and also on the Airsoft Community board. I first spotted MULTICAM on the Miltary Morons website early last year - when it was still a prototype called "Scorpion pattern".

Its just like I said - I was looking at it again and thought, mmmmm, maybe I should change my direction and get some of it instead of other stuff.

Problem is - there are just too many too damn sechsie camo patterns coming out these days. :wide-eyed:

I still want CADPAT, and that's a bit of a mission to get :( I nearly ordered some from Canada, but the shipping was about £80, and what if the trousers didn't fit :lol:

And M84; mmm... But they're darker patterns than Multicam see, and I just feel more comfy in that. I guess it's because dark colours are more slimming :P

I haven't seen Multicam (or CADPAT even) with my own two peepers though, so I could just as easily back-pedal on this. I need a swatch book of camo, like you get from a carpet store...

I dunno. I was really impressed by the pics too, but then I saw some people in multicam at the beget4 event in Sweeden. They looked like huge yellow/brown blobs in the green forest. It apparently doesn't work everywhere, and since then I have noticed that ALL the pics are taken in dusty, arid or dark environments.

In a sunny forest it really really doesn't work. It's good, but not magical.

One thing I do like that is that Crye seem to have actually paid attention to what flora does over the seasons :) I was looking out the passenger window on a journey a few weeks back, and I noticed that most of the meadows were full of dried, yellow grass.

"I could get away with dessies in that" I thought. Come winter, most of the greenery will have died back, meaning you could get away with a cam without too much green in it then as well.

Those photos don't look that amazing to me Kukailimoku :) They look no better or worse than most other camos I've seen. I often get hit by 'The Unseen Enemy', and they never have Multicam on!

For us americans, you can get a pant and shirt setup for $165 from http://skdtac.com/category.asp?CATEGORYID=231

Keep in mind that the BDU's offered by skdtac are NOT official crye BDU's so the quality is suspect.

Then again, Joe doesnt tend to carry crappy products so im going to go out on a limb here and say that those bdu's are probably very well made.

I disagree, like I've already said.

I mean, this pic:

2.jpg

Isn't a million miles away from my mate's back garden, is it?

grass.jpg

Yeah, that's what I mean. But then on the other hand, I do have my doubts about its effectiveness in darker, northern boreal forests. But for sparser, drier woodlands it seems to work VERY well. I'd be very interested in hearing what real life experiences/photos other people have of it.

When all is said and done, it could be like every other camouflage pattern - it depends on where you play/fight. But don't forget, the mission of MULTICAM was to give people a camo that worked pretty well almost everywhere - as opposed to one that works well in one type of terrain, and not at all in a different type.

I chose cadpat as its a nice camo that few people will have and that it works very well around the UK as its a nice green. I have put it on a regular fern, which there is plenty of around here and at our local site.

No question that CADPAT works very very well in thick green foliage areas. But its not a muti-environment camo like MULTICAM.

Archived