MULTICAM:

Maple-Leaf

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was thinking of making a ghillie from  Multicam as my next ghillie....but i dont no how i would make the front canvas in multicam....dont they sell multicam in juss fabric by it self?

Yes, you can get the just the material from Crye Precision.

FYI, Diamondback Tactical sells a multicam Mamba Gillie Suit, that would be a great base, just attach the desired burlap/vegetation/etc. you like.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/Ghillie...it-P263C55.aspx

huh? there is absolutly no white in multicam

I'm not quite sure of that. There are small patches that are either white, or a very VERY light tan color extremely close to white.

dude i am sure of it, its tan not white. all my tac gear is multicam my weesatch and all my pouches, my skd ball cap is MC i even have a freakin wallet in mc . there is no white in it

only in pictures does it apear to be close to white

Ok, thank you Van Gogh, not white then, that extremely pale colour that looks like pigeon poo :P

"Only in pictures does it apear to be close to white". Well then you'll forgive me for making that mistake, this being a picture thread and all... :rolleyes:

well I get my multicam BDU's tomorrow or the day after and have a all day game on saturday, so I'll be sure to take photo's of it in the different enviroments i play in. plus i can try and get people in flectarn (sp), woodland, SS, tiger stripe and more to stand in the same place and we can compare.

dude i am sure of it, its tan not white.  all my tac  gear is multicam  my weesatch and all my pouches, my skd ball cap is MC i even have a freakin wallet in mc . there is no white in it

only in pictures does it apear to be close to white

In my opinion, it's extremely close to white, closer to white than tan. And I'm sitting here looking at the multicam gear sitting in my living room, not at a picture. It's so close I wonder if it's supposed to be pure white, but the color is barely off because of the staining process or however it is they apply the colors. It sort of looks like the basic background is green and brown that got airbrushed to blend at the edges, I'm wondering how they did that. But keep in mind, the shade of 'off-white' seems to vary a bit, depending on which piece I'm looking at.

And on a side note, getting the wallet is just going overboard. :D;)

i agree that is does look close to white, it all seems to depend on the lighting you have on it. also depend on the size of the spot, the larger spots you can tell they are tan easier then the smaller ones. the smaller spots do look very white. im not really trying to argue the semantics of MC, i just know its by far the best camo i have worn/seen used in the field. the stuff makes you invisable.

Hehehe, just got the BDU's today ^_^ , I like it . I can't wait to try them out this sat. Note

the tactical Iron by my food.

dscf06555ck.jpg

dscf06570zq.jpg

I'll get some better Pics on sat.

My BDU's came from SKDtac.com and are top notch, these be well made BDU.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Well it would be rather silly to think multicam could work better in woods that woodland is more suitable for. When it boils down to it, you have to look at the enviroment you play in and deside which cams you feel will work. I looked at mine and felt multicam would be a good cam for it and hell, I just wanted to be a little different.

Thought I'd throw this comment in here. Supposedly, some SF units are using MC. Take it with a grain of salt, the guy 'heard it from someone else." As far as I know, there are no confirmed photos of any SF units using multicam. Interesting speculation, though.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewt...r=asc&start=272

3rd post down, Army Ranger says:

talked to a buddy of mine, Army Sgt Major ******* Former army 75th ranger reigment (knows all the guys from task force ranger , used to smoke with kenni , knew hooten , Col McKnight, ect, purple heart, silver star..anyway he knows his stuff. is a blackwater contractor now and we talked about the ACU a little bit.

personally he hates it and says the only reason it got pushed through is someone in upper command has good "oral skills" and some SF units are starting to buy out multicam. and he says these are the reasons he is glad hes out of the army now because the brass is making retarded decisions. and he ended the convo with f**k shinseki

Hmm

I think now you will have to spray or color your shemagh in a couple of places now to break up the outline, and maybe try to redo your ASP2. :)

Btw. How many colors are in there.. 6? 7?

3rd post down, Army Ranger says:

talked to a buddy of mine, Army Sgt Major ******* Former army 75th ranger reigment (knows all the guys from task force ranger , used to smoke with kenni , knew hooten , Col McKnight, ect, purple heart, silver star..anyway he knows his stuff. is a blackwater contractor now and we talked about the ACU a little bit.

I was under the impression "Hoot" was not a real person, but a character put in the movie to add some charcter depth etc... Oh well, woteva. I could be wrong, have been many times before :D

Deepeyes -

I do have an image of an M4 with a 'multicam' paint style, but it looks ICK would be the word.. I will put it on the 'forums' ... (when I can find the pic).. in your thread there.. I don't think it is 'right' though... you will see what I mean.

I want to see photos of MULTICAM in the following terrains:

1. Temperate rain forest (like in the Pacific Northwest)

2. Pine forest (like you get in Germany and Scandanavia)

3. Autumn/Winter woodland (no snow)

Because these seem to me to be the main areas where I have doubts about its effectiveness...

Prove me wrong. :P

Found these pics on www.multicampattern.com

Yeah, we've all seen those ones before. What we're looking for now is some independent validation of its effectiveness.

Does anybody know of any units or organisations that have adopted MULTICAM? With the appartently high level of interest and demand for it, somebody out there must be using it professionally.....

a few tests run with Woodland, Flectarn, Multicam, CADPAT and DPM. Shots were taken in the Fall.

Greetings fellow Canuck! That's a very nice set of comparison photos - just the kind of thing I was looking for. And as I suspected, MULTICAM has not done so well in that type of environment. I was surprised by the performance of CADPAT - until I noticed that it was always placed in the greenest part of the terrain. ;)

Greetings fellow Canuck!  That's a very nice set of comparison photos - just the kind of thing I was looking for.  And as I suspected, MULTICAM has not done so well in that type of environment.  I was surprised by the performance of CADPAT - until I noticed that it was always placed in the greenest part of the terrain.  ;)

Cheers,

as for cadpat being placed in the greenest part, it wasn't always, as can be seen here: (left is where it is) http://www.pbase.com/chrising/image/36764781

as well as here, as it's more brown then green: http://www.pbase.com/chrising/image/36764782

From this test, I noticed it all depends on where you place yourself. Obviously no camo will work effectively in all settings, but if you pick and choose which patch of brush you hide against, you have a much better chance of not being spotted.

Archived