UTG MP5 AEG Dissected! Quite impressive really...

staticzero

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if some one can help me out with this it would be great. i think that i might need a new hopup because when the hop up is off it shoot 40 ft or so then falls short but with the hopup on all the way the bb will start to drop after 40 ft then go stright up. with it in the middle it pretty much does the same thing as when it's off and if i need a new hop up where could i get one or a better one i have not been able to find one for this gun anywhere

Sounds like the hop up might be a problem. Do this first:

1) remove your mag

2) fire the gun on semi-auto in a safe direction with the gun upside down (clearing the chamber)

3) remove the battery

4) shine a light in the feed tube (where the mag would go)

5) Look down the barrel and work the hop up adjustement lever and see what happens

You should see the hop up adjust inside the barrel. You should see little change till you get about half way then you should see it form a bump that grows. If it does not work smoothly, then there might be a problem with the hop up chamber, or if you've taken it apart before, might not have the barrel lined up right.

If the barrel is lined up right and it moves smootly and correctly inside the hop up chamber, then buy a new one.

I just bought the 50% guarder hop up bucking from evike for a few bucks. They have it pretty cheep at ehobbyasia.com too I think. Make sure to buy the clear one and not the hard black one (your gun is below the needed fps to make the black one useable).

Sounds like the hop up might be a problem.  Do this first:

1) remove your mag

2) fire the gun on semi-auto in a safe direction with the gun upside down (clearing the chamber)

3) remove the battery

4) shine a light in the feed tube (where the mag would go)

5) Look down the barrel and work the hop up adjustement lever and see what happens

You should see the hop up adjust inside the barrel.  You should see little change till you get about half way then you should see it form a bump that grows.  If it does not work smoothly, then there might be a problem with the hop up chamber, or if you've taken it apart before, might not have the barrel lined up right.

If the barrel is lined up right and it moves smootly and correctly inside the hop up chamber, then buy a new one.

I just bought the 50% guarder hop up bucking from evike for a few bucks.  They have it pretty cheep at ehobbyasia.com too I think.  Make sure to buy the clear one and not the hard black one (your gun is below the needed fps to make the black one useable).

okay thanks but will i need the black one if i get an m100 spring because i might order both of them at the same time

that was about the least informed post I've heard in a while. Yes, UTG is no CA or ICS, but for about $100 it's a great alternative. They are what you're paying for. If you can readily purchase something with the quality of a TM / CA / ICS for $100 go for it. They are not terrible, but you buy them knowing they need some work out of the box to make them reliable.

I was just looking at my UTG a few minutes ago and was wondering what the slightly extended stock position is for? I was also curious as to how you use the sights? I mean I know how, but what one works best for what situation? Sorry about the stupid questions, just something that was in the back of my mind.

As far as the stock iron sights go (which are kind of crappy). I used the tight circle on the rear sight for shooting at farther distances, and the larger one for more cqb distances. I didn't really like the stock iron sights as they had too much give when they "locked" in position. I much prefered my red dot scope.

Okay so im having a problem. When every i put in my battery i have to pull and let go of the trigger for probably 2-3 minutes while it sounds like the motor is trying to turn over. After that it will turn over and shoot no problem. But then after not using it for about 10 minutes the same thing happens. Its being stored in a 50 degree garage. Battery is fully charged. Nothing is upgraded, and im using my stock battery. Does it just have to warm up? Do i need a 9.6v battery. And should a numb chuck battery fit in the foregrip. Thanks for the help

Frontplayer15

• 2 weeks later...

hey does anyone know where i can get a hand grip or handguard at least thats what i think it's called. the part where the trigger goes through. because one of the holes where the motor plate gets screwed onto got stripped. and i dont know how much longer befor i need a newone. because right now it works but only one screw is holding it in place

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The plate under the motor should have a little silver disc in it. if it does not you've lost the motor adjustment spacer. If it is there, then you need to adjust the little hex screw on the bottom of the motor plate. That adjusts the height of the motor and how it meshes with the gears.

• 2 months later...

I have been hearing that the bushings are too large for do any upgrades with. Is this true? would i need to buy new gears to upgrade? and if so would this be a good product Gearbox

The next problem is one that, unfortunately, there is no way around. The bushings are plastic. This necessitates changing to metal bushings. However, the outer diameter of the stock bushings is about half a millimeter larger than any other bushings on the market. This means that there is enough play in them to lock up the gears whenever they encounter resistance. To further complicate things, the diameter of the gear shaft on all the stock gears is also about half a millimeter thicker than the standard, so when you change the bushings you MUST change the gears in order for them to fit. This increases the cost of any upgrade dramatically.

You're going to spend 75 bucks on a gearbox for a gun that costs 100 bucks???? Are you mad????

There is NO reason to buy new gears untill the ones you have fail.

If you upgrade your spring to a TM Spring, don't worry about anything else in the gear box.

If you upgrade to an m100 or greater, then consider replacing the bushings with 6mm metal bushings (I had CA bushings in mine), and the spring guide with any reinforced spring guide / metal spring guide that you can find (cheap is fine as long as it works).

Don't spend any more money on the gun. If you want to upgrade it more than that, then just save up, sell the gun, and buy an ICS or CA.

I've had a UTG MP5 (as you can see all through this 135 page thread), and I upgraded it a good bit. It lasted a year before there were problems. It's a good gun, but not worth dumping the equivalent cost of the gun in upgrades into.

Archived