UTG MP5 AEG Dissected! Quite impressive really...

staticzero

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey

I have a couple problems with my UTG and the accessories i got attached into it. I'm relatively new into airsoft, I own a TM p90, TM mp5ras and this new UTG mp5. I'm afraid to dissect my AEGs cuz i dont have much exp with the internals. but see if you can help me out with some of these problems

ROF Issue:

Has anyone directly compared the TM mp5 one with the UTG?

Cuz I have and I noticed that the TM has a significantly higher ROF. Is that normal?

(I'm not sure what I can do to the UTG to level with the TM, wiring? o-ring replacement?)

They are both using the same 8.4v battery.

BB feeding issue:

Also, I have alot of BB feeding problems with the UTG. For some reason it doesn't take my ICS high cap and it misfeeds with the included dual mags and the TM high caps.

(I lubed it with a special gun lube/cleaner but no good, I'll try lubing it with pure silicone oil and see what happens)

My TM, on the other hand, took all mags without a problem.

Reddot sight issue:

I have a NcStar 30mm reddot which is this one:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...?TOPIC_ID=65925

I'm wondering if anyone had connection issues. I put the two batteries in and rotate the knobs, but the reddot doesn't appear. I think it might be a loose connection, but I don't know what a good solution is. I actually have two of these and sacrificed one in the process of dissecting it.

Last question, what is a good site or thread where I can get help on how to adjust my iron sights and reddot properly?

Thanks for helping me out

malkav call up leapeers they make ugt and ask them if thewy could send you a replacement. Just tell them the issues your haveint there a really good company and very helpfull who knows it beaing so new they may just ship you a free replacement out. im glad i live so close to them lol about 20 min away so i can get replacement parts fast lol.

i thought it was the front sight wich has the threads in it though, i might be wrong

You're correct, the threading is in the cocking tube assembly, not the sight.

I'll be investigating the flash hider/front sight issue tonight or tomorrow. I'll have an update on the topic after that. Stay tuned!

Hey

I have a couple problems with my UTG and the accessories i got attached into it.  I'm relatively new into airsoft, I own a TM p90, TM mp5ras and this new UTG mp5.  I'm afraid to dissect my AEGs cuz i dont have much exp with the internals.  but see if you can help me out with some of these problems

Fear not! It was hecka cheap right? Better to learn on this than one of your expensive guns. And, you can pretty much buy every single part of the TM MP5 if something should be irreparably harmed.

ROF Issue:

Has anyone directly compared the TM mp5 one with the UTG? 

Cuz I have and I noticed that the TM has a significantly higher ROF.  Is that normal?

(I'm not sure what I can do to the UTG to level with the TM, wiring? o-ring replacement?)

They are both using the same 8.4v battery.

It's no doubt lower than the TM's. For one, I've established the wiring is poor. Second, it seems the motor is no EG700 or EG1000.

Changing the o-ring to improve the compression will effect ROF negatively if anything, but I doubt it would be noticeable. Besides, good compression is more important than ROF right?

Change out the wiring with high quality 16AWG, and use good quality connectors too. You'll see a ROF increase. Will it be the same as the TM's after that? I doubt it, but let us know. I didn't try the stock spring with upgraded wiring. In fact, I didn't test the ROF with the stock gun (something I'll remedy now them my friend's showed up).

BB feeding issue:

Also, I have alot of BB feeding problems with the UTG.  For some reason it doesn't take my ICS high cap and it misfeeds with the included dual mags and the TM high caps.

(I lubed it with a special gun lube/cleaner but no good, I'll try lubing it with pure silicone oil and see what happens)

My TM, on the other hand, took all mags without a problem.

Can you elaborate on the feed issue? Is it a double-feed, or miss-feed (blanks)? Is this on semi, full, or both? What brand of BBs?

Make sure the mags are wound completely. After that, try different BBs if you can. After that, look to the hop up bucking for the issue. You should probably only ever use pure silicon oil on the rubber components in airsoft guns, FYI.

Reddot sight issue:

I have a NcStar 30mm reddot which is this one:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...?TOPIC_ID=65925

I'm wondering if anyone had connection issues.  I put the two batteries in and rotate the knobs, but the reddot doesn't appear.  I think it might be a loose connection, but I don't know what a good solution is.  I actually have two of these and sacrificed one in the process of dissecting it.

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that sight. Did you try flipping the batteries around the other way?

Last question, what is a good site or thread where I can get help on how to adjust my iron sights and reddot properly?

Thanks for helping me out

Here you go:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=15223

staticzero, thanks for the prompt reply!

I'll look into how to rewire the utg, hopefully I won't wreck it.

I believe i should do this first before dropping a new motor.

As for the bb feedign problem, it doesn't pick up the bbs. I use excel 0.2g's. All the mags seem to have this issue. I also wind the caps up for like 30 seconds each and maybe my problem is that I don't know how to work the highcaps.

I'll try to use silicone oil on the gun and the mags.

Has anyone used ICS hicaps wit hthe UTG?

As for the reddot issue, does anyone have an NcStar 30mm reddot that has this problem?

Earlier in this thread I discuss how to rewire the gun to a degree. When my new wire arrives I'll be redoing mine along with taking a lot of pictures. After that I'll post a thorough write up of the process.

Make sure you wind the hicaps until you hear the sound change, they'll start clicking when they're good to go. You don't need to worry about over-winding them. Just go until the sound changes and try it again.

but static, do you think its possible to just put a marui front sight on this gun?, from what i know on maruis the attachment mechanism for flash hiders Etc lies in the front sight, so by putting just the front sight on there it will allow you to install marui flash hiders, silencers

but im not sure if a marui front sight would slip on there without the proper cocking tube assembly

I also have feeding issues. Now I just received mine yesterday, and everything is stock. I'll probably write up something more later, but since some people were just discussing the feeding issue on the last page, I'll describe mine here as well.

Everything stock including battery and the two short hi caps. On semi, I have no issues at all, no double feeds, no misfeeds. On full auto, however, I keep getting misfeeds (blanks) a lot. Seems like the ROF's so fast that the nozzle doesn't have time to pick up the next round. :unsure: If I shoot a burst, seems at most 3 BBs comes out and the remaider 4 or 5 are just blanks. Occassionally (very rare) a BB will roll out of the barrel after a burst. The strange thing is that on semi the gun shoots wonderfully. The problem happens with both of the mags come with the gun.

but static, do you think its possible to just put a marui front sight on this gun?, from what i know on maruis the attachment mechanism for flash hiders Etc lies in the front sight, so by putting just the front sight on there it will allow you to install marui flash hiders, silencers

but im not sure if a marui front sight would slip on there without the proper cocking tube assembly

I certainly do think it's possible, and that's one of the things I'm going to try. I'm going to borrow a CA front sight and flash hider from a friend to experiment with. I think in the interest of keeping a cheap gun cheap, it would be best to find a way to mount silencer adapters/flash hiders without needing to buy a front sight, and that's what I aim to do. I will also check to see if you can just bolt on the TM/CA sight though.

I also have feeding issues.  Now I just received mine yesterday, and everything is stock.  I'll probably write up something more later, but since some people were just discussing the feeding issue on the last page, I'll describe mine here as well.

Everything stock including battery and the two short hi caps.  On semi, I have no issues at all, no double feeds, no misfeeds.  On full auto, however, I keep getting misfeeds (blanks) a lot.  Seems like the ROF's so fast that the nozzle doesn't have time to pick up the next round. :unsure:  If I shoot a burst, seems at most 3 BBs comes out and the remaider 4 or 5 are just blanks.  Occassionally (very rare) a BB will roll out of the barrel after a burst.  The strange thing is that on semi the gun shoots wonderfully.  The problem happens with both of the mags come with the gun.

Sounds like there's not enough spring tension to push the BBs reliably. I found I had to wind the included hicaps a TON, are you sure you wound them enough?

I certainly do think it's possible, and that's one of the things I'm going to try. I'm going to borrow a CA front sight and flash hider from a friend to experiment with. I think in the interest of keeping a cheap gun cheap, it would be best to find a way to mount silencer adapters/flash hiders without needing to buy a front sight, and that's what I aim to do. I will also check to see if you can just bolt on the TM/CA sight though.

Sounds like there's not enough spring tension to push the BBs reliably. I found I had to wind the included hicaps a TON, are you sure you wound them enough?

I wind the hicaps all the way till I hear the click, and it does feel a lot weaker than my CA M15's hicap tension. Still, there's no problem on semi. The low spring tension of the mag is probably the problem. I'll go get a G&P MP5 mid cap sometime, and try that on full auto.

The mags that came with the gun do seem to be low quality, but they do fit in the mag well nicely.

Earlier in this thread I discuss how to rewire the gun to a degree. When my new wire arrives I'll be redoing mine along with taking a lot of pictures. After that I'll post a thorough write up of the process.

Make sure you wind the hicaps until you hear the sound change, they'll start clicking when they're good to go. You don't need to worry about over-winding them. Just go until the sound changes and try it again.

thanks for your help

I found out the problem with my ICS hi-cap not feeding. The winding gear under the mag do not move that thin gear inside that sends the bbs thru the tube. I just remove the bottom metal plate and wind that thin gear directly.

Regarding the wiring issue, I saw some types of sprays and creams that are "connection enhancers". It says it deoxifies the connection and prevents rust and produces stronger connection between wires and circuits. I'm not sure if anyone here has tried using it, but I just want to know if it helps instead of using dean connectors, etc. to increase ROF. I'm also gonna try it on my reddots to see if it fixes the loose connection problem.

Regarding the issue about the attaching flashhiders, I easily attached my TM flashider into the UTG no problem. It snaps righton the orange tip and it fully covers it, meaning there's no need to paint it black. For silencers, on the other hand, you'd need to find some threaded inverter that has the threads coming outside so silencers can screw in. Otherwise, you'll need to buy the front sight.

If you weanna increase your rate of first your gonna need a low resistance wire upgrade. and some new connectors. stock there tamiya style and are among the worst. deans. or light speed will boos proformance. what i did is i used a rc car style pack. and wires the wires right to the pack so it cant be removed. i simply charge it by claping alagator clips on the charger to the batt. bars on the pos and neg. whare the batt hooks to the gun. I been doing this for years wiht my rc cars and alot of pros do this. you get the lowest resistance what means the highest rate of fire you can get useing that setup.

I found a EG1000 motor on ebay for $35 with shipping, and I was wondering if this motor could be used effectively. I was figuring it would probly bring the ROF up since its a high torque motor, and it a long motor so it should be compatible, but I just wanted to make sure before I buy :) Thanks

Edit by shao14: information regarding spring is deleted.

^^ Sorry, wasnt sure if that was to high of a spring

To all the new comers in this thread, welcome,

and please read the forum rules (see link at upper left of the screen), which explicitly disallows discussions of energy higher than 1j on this forum, and that means springs that are stronger than M100 is not allowed for discussion. All related discussion will be deleted.

I found a EG1000 motor on ebay for $35 with shipping, and I was wondering if this motor could be used effectively. I was figuring it would probly bring the ROF up since its a high torque motor, and it a long motor so it should be compatible, but I just wanted to make sure before I buy :) Thanks

Edit by shao14: information regarding spring is deleted.

If you need advice on a high spring like that try www.airsoftplayers.com or here www.airsoftclevalend.com both are us airsoft forums and can discuss fps freely. I would reccomend just rewiring the gun first. If that doesnt give you the results you need then buy the motor.

:Dr_Evil:

Edit: you edited as i was posting still i will leave the info for othe sites on there.

:lamo: Wassup, gentlemen.

I've been doing my own personal research on this SMG ever since shortyusa.com announced it as a up and coming AEG. The first outta china to not actually suck. Since i heard the glorious news, I've been hounding around for information on the item. This entire time i have not found even half the information on this forum....o.o Makes me feel kinda bad, ya' know.

>:3 I did find out that by putting a systema m100 spring and new metal brushings (as apposed to the stock plastic ones) that you can jack the fps up easily for 30 bucks....sounds like a nice deal to me.

Thats the easiest way to upgrade it to me. You throw in anything else and you'll have to replace all the stock parts in the SMG with full upgrades...and then you'll need a better spring. And i wont even start on figuring out which battery is perfect for reinforced upgrades.

I personally look at upgrading an airsoft item like accessorizing a car...work on whats under the hood first and then work on the paint job "cant have a car that looks like gold and drives like ######".

This is just me, i don't know about you guys. I personally want the full stock, hand guard with the three rails, a rail sleeve for the top, a metal cocking tube and cocking lever- and an extended outer barrel....Throw a nice scope in and you have the sniper SMG from hell....But before i get any of that, i first want this rifle upgraded to its maximum.

The whole reason i want the barrel extension is that- i love to snipe...i'm that one ###### that picks you off from 600 feet in a bush filled with bugs and spiders..fun. But i digress; i move from one place to another very quickly and all the time. So for me, its easy to accidentally slap a barrel of a rifle against something and break it. :D I need to learn to be able to remove it it in a run, i'm that kinda wild person. Pick me off as i run, please. (bragging rights)

I also noticed ppl are having mixed feelings about doing alot of expensive upgrades like my proposed above.

With high upgrades, reinforced gear boxes are necessary...but you all knew that.

Well, its late; i gotta get some sleep. I plan on coming back here more and more now. I've been an airsofter for almost two years...coming up on my anniversary in Feb. But that doesn't mean ######, really. Just thought i'd throw it out there suspiciously unprovoked.

Laterz :offtopic2:

Edit by shao14: discussion on high fps has been deleted.

I did a bit of googling around, I wasn't able to find anything. If they do have one, it's probably under the .CN TLD, but again, haven't been able to locate anything.

And just to add my .02 cents here, I recently obtained one, as well as a friend of mine. He used his at a skirmish last weekend, and we had zero problems with it. Chrono'ed at 275 fps using .20s. Range was about on par with a stock Tokyo Marui.

If these hold up, I think UTG is going to have a big market.

Yeah the guns are really nice better than i expected and there gonna get way better from what im told and still kill marui on prices. there spring mp5 there makes even has the fake welds like maruis lol not bad for such a young company.

As for that airsoft fourm that a guy posted on here. FYI 3 of the mods on there a totaly retards and know nothing at all. I schooled them on the UTG Mp5 then for a final insult i infromed him that hes dumb thinking speical operation forces use black for night ops. black is not a natrual color its a shade. Then i scanned my old militay id and sent it to him lmfao.

side note for night ops allways use a very dark blue unless your playing with no light what so ever and in that case you could ware hot pink and still not be seen lol.

in my opinion UTG is here to stay and in a year will be a domanet force in the US. They allready got a strong fallowing with the mp5 and after some refinements and more aeg's outhers will see. There cust. suport was much better than Marui and all the UTG branded stuff i have seen was really nice. "my buddys UTG tac vest is made allmost as good as my expensive Blackhawk" First UTG i shot was there sawed off shotty and i was like Wow! its heafty its got some nice power and made like a tank.

next is the AK-47 who knows maybe we can get the solid and folding stocks in it and 2 600 round high caps what would kick marui in the junk. Then who knows maybe a M4A1 or somthing or a SR-16. I will tell you this tho if they make a heavy machine gun and offer it for under $200 i will poop my self and buy 2 and be a 1 man army lol.

Archived