UTG MP5 AEG Dissected! Quite impressive really...

staticzero

ok i just put a sd front end on mine. upgraded the wire. used power pull connectors. and changed out the brush's to silver race brush's i got from a hoppy shop and a ?? spring. Dont ask dont tell all i can say is i can shoot it with no probs dont ask for how meny fps or what spring.

Problems with mine.

mags suck. yes but getting better with uses allmost feeding flawless now compared to when ned they totaly sucked. allmost as good as statis but each mag i use it gets better.

screw in slect fire switch. Nope the screw was fine slect fire allsoworked flawless

compression. perfect stock but i used a systam areal 1000 head lol. i had a extra one from my marui so i figured heck why i got it open lets use it.

gun was perfect out of the box for me and my buddy.

heres my gun with a well sd front end. well rear sight was also used i just wasent feeling the slites cut in the stock sight. and the working silcener that makes the gun much more muffled and manly sounding lol. Worth the $25 for the doner gun lol.

i'll take better pics of if you want i'll post a guide on converting the front end but till then enjoy. more pics soon to come and will be 4mp instead of 1.0 "need a cable for my new cam till then i gotta use my elcheepo cam"

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b189/bignaz/1786866e.jpg

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those fake bullets on the top of the UTG high caps can be removed also, while still retaining the sliding plastic tray (it was a personal thing, I didn't like the way they looked). 2 screws is all.

utg_fake_bullet-removal.jpg

Duct tape on the inside-side of the connecting mag of the high-cap can help minimize magazine wobble. (Yes, it's an old airsoft trick, but others might not be aware of it.)

utg_mac_duct_tape.jpg

Side Note: On the high cap, one of the metal clamps is held by a screw that requires an hex/allen wrench to remove it (preferably the use of a hex wrench with the rounded end). Removing the clamps and other 'cosmetics' on the high caps really lightens their weight, which I prefer over the looks of it.

Cool, now that i know that, I'll probbably put real 9.mils in there, cause it wouldn't look realistic, it would be realistic! :D

Cool, now that i know that, I'll probbably put real 9.mils in there, cause it wouldn't look realistic, it would be realistic! :D

I hope you would drill them first. Even if you did I would highly reccomend that you dont. Just safetey and commen sense. Thats all we need for some one from mag to come and see "I'll replace them with real 9mm's." They will think that you mean the bb's and flip out.

Static how many feet of wiring is that? My firend just got his today so I am going to do his for him. Ill let you guys know how it does with the new wiring. Once again static you rock!

:Dr_Evil:

bignaz, would you mind fixing some of your type-os, and especially shrinking down that image to something closer to 640x480 or just make it a link? It's making this page kinda hard to read, and I have 1440x900 resolution. I'm sure it really sucks for people with less than that. Thanks.

v.arena, that's about 20' of each color IIRC. I ordered a bunch exrta to rewire some of my other guns, and just to have around.

bignaz, would you mind fixing some of your type-os, and especially shrinking down that image to something closer to 640x480? It's making this page kinda hard to read. Thanks.

v.arena, that's about 20' of each color IIRC. I ordered a bunch exrta to rewire some of my other guns, and just to have around.

If it is 40 cents a foot that will run me up about 9 dollars a wire strip? I have to get mine and rewire that. So I think I will rewire all of my guns.

I hope you would drill them first. Even if you did I would highly reccomend that you dont. Just safetey and commen sense. Thats all we need for some one from mag to come and see "I'll replace them with real 9mm's." They will think that you mean the bb's and flip out.

Static how many feet of wiring is that? My firend just got his today so I am going to do his for him. Ill let you guys know how it does with the new wiring. Once again static you rock!

Oh, they'll be inert. i take the gun powder out, and the primmer and puit a metal cap in for it. Sorry for the misunderstanding, i know what yu mean about the mag hearing about my comment. ;)

Oh, they'll be inert. i take the gun powder out, and the primmer and puit a metal cap in for it. Sorry for the misunderstanding, i know what yu mean about the mag hearing about my comment. ;)

For your safety I would suggest having either a professional doing it or buying them like that. You could ignite the pouder with the friction of the drill. Not trying to be your mother just dont want to see you shot. ;)

no i want to know where he bought that hanguard...that isnt the handguard that comes with the gun is it?

No it doesnt come with the gun. The hand guard can be purchased at any Hk store. Like I said he bought the SD front. Also you need the SD cocking tube for that to work.

i played around with my piston & cylinder, and i have to say that compression was absolute ######. a LOT of air escapes. i hope that when i replace the o-ring that i'm not putting too much work on those parts, since the extra compression ups the fps and what not. but good news on the UTG customer service front:

Hello, Matt,

Please provide your complete address for us to send the UPS label to you.

We thank you much for your willing participation!

Tina Ding

Leapers, Inc.

37250 Plymouth Road

Livonia, MI 48150

T: 734-542-1500

F: 734-542-7095

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 9:55 AM

To: tding@leapers.com

Subject: RE: about your UTG MP5

wow, i have heard very good things about your company and am ecstatic that

you did not just blow me off. i would be more than happy to send the entire

product back to you with the defective part labelled. i'll also provide

illustrations of the problem and a written explanation of what happened too.

i have a lot of faith in your company and upcoming products (like the AK-47,

i plan on buying one of those too) and can't wait to see what you'll come up

with next

Matt

>From: "Tina Ding" <tding@leapers.com>

>To: "matt h" <malemanmalone@hotmail.com>

>CC: "King Shi" <operation@leapers.com>, "Peter Ting" <lmtc@ms17.hinet.net>,

> "David Ding" <dding@leapers.com>

>Subject: RE: about your UTG MP5

>Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 20:16:23 -0400

>

>Hello, Matt,

>

>Sorry that it took me some time to learned a bit more about some product

>development history before I attempt to reply.

>

>Anyway, we are very interested in learning more about this issue you ran

>into. We take customer input very seriously and want to bring about good

>changes in each production run. If you agree, could you please send the

>item back to us? I can send you a UPS label to send it back to us.

>However, in return, I'd like to ask you to clearly label parts you

>identified as having problems and give us as much explanation in writing or

>illustration as possible. Upon receipt of your item, I'll send another

>one

>to you as replacement. Obviously, this may not be from a different

>production that might be free of the potential problem. However, as we

>have

>not encountered anything you described yet, it's not clear that this is

>consistently occurring or it's a fluke. Regardless, I'm hoping to appeal

>to

>you, an airsoft sport enthusiast, to give us your input and make this

>product better.

>

>Alternatively, if you decide not to part with your MP5, we will need to get

>clear images and explanation to know which component you're referring to in

>order to get the part for you. I estimate that this may take about a

>month.

>

>Let me know. We anxiously await your reply. Thanks.

>

>Tina Ding

>Leapers, Inc.

>37250 Plymouth Road

>Livonia, MI 48150

>T: 734-542-1500

>F: 734-542-7095

>

>-----Original Message-----

>From: matt h [mailto:malemanmalone@hotmail.com]

>Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 11:57 PM

>To: office@leapers.com

>Subject: about your UTG MP5

>

>Hi, I recently purchased the MP5 airsoft gun and have to say that it's an

>impressive piece of equipment. However I ran into a problem. After 3 or 4

>days the gun would not shoot in semi automatic mode like it is supposed to,

>when set to semi auto it would shoot full auto instead. I made sure that I

>was properly selecting the right fire mode with the selector switch, so I

>didn't believe that was the problem.

>

>I disassembled the gun and removed the gearbox. I opened the gearbox and

>found a small piece of metal debris inside. Later I discovered that this

>metal piece had broken away from the cut off lever.

>

>I was wondering if you supply these parts individually, because the only

>cut

>off levers I have been able to find are from Hong Kong and the shipping is

>somewhat high.

>

>Thanks,

>Matt

this company is stellar

if you would be so kind as to send me a link to the supplier and the product numbers for the wire, i would be grateful and give you +1 once i can.

edit:: make that wire+ connectors please.

Ty Ryan T.

I did cover this earlier in the thread you know, but here are direct links all the same (or as direct as I can get). I ordered from cheapbatterypacks.com

Specifically the 16AWG on this page:

http://cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=396057&pgid=wire

and the Deans Ultra Male + Female pack on this page:

http://cheapbatterypacks.com/main.asp?sid=...pgid=connectors

My order:

20' 16 AWG BLACK WIRE                                        $   0.40 $    8.00

20' 16 AWG RED WIRE                                          $   0.40 $    8.00

3 Deans Ultra Female 4 pack                                $   5.85 $   17.55

4 Deans Ultra Male (2pcs)                                  $   3.25 $   13.00

Product Total: $   46.55

Insurance: $    0.00

Shipping: $    3.85

Total: $   50.40

Do I really wanna convert over to these dean connector things? they look a little shotty/as if they wont stay connected.

Does it work very well and wire is like like $10 for 3' of cable?"

The deans connectors are very secure, they won't come apart. They are WAY more solid a connection than the tamiya connectors, and have way less resistance. Plus, they're easier to fit in tight space. :)

As above, wire is $.40 a foot at CPB. That's $1.20 for 3'.

For those wondering about the SD conversion, I believe he bought a cheap WELL SD6 and sacrificed that.

hows the upgrade going on static?........btw how do u know your stock compression suck or it doesnt suck? i mean anyway to tell without opening the gun up?

I covered this:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...ndpost&p=406203

Check your compression first though, you may not need a new one if it's good. Just hold the cylinder set (minus the nozzle) in one hand and the piston set in the other. Put the piston in the cylinder so the head is just past the hole in the side, and cover the end of the cylinder head with your finger. You'll also want to try and hold the cylinder head in place so it doesn't pop off. Now quickly compress it, there should be resistance. Try it a few times until you get the hang of it. Perfect compression results in something like a strut in a car, it's not noticeably leaking at all and it feels like a pillow of air, you know with a little bounce to it. This is what you want to strive for.

You can't check the compression of the cylinder set without taking apart the gearbox, you can only check the compression of the whole system (Cylinder+Cylinder Head + Piston Head+ Nozzle + Hop Up Unit), and that's tough to do without experience.

As for the upgrade, that's not going to happen until sunday I'm afraid. :(

oo that looks sick i just found out my dad has soldering tools so ill prob do this too i think AA didnt change my order like i asked to a m100 so i might be getting a higher spring doh >.< so i will definitely need the power. You ordered 20 ft.. how many guns is this for? I only have 1 so im wondering how much i would need and u only need 1 pair of male and 1 of females right?

oh sorry about that static and thanks for all the help

Archived