UTG MP5 AEG Dissected! Quite impressive really...

staticzero

oo that looks sick i just found out my dad has soldering tools so ill prob do this too i think AA didnt change my order like i asked to a m100 so i might be getting an m120 >.< so i will definitely need the power. You ordered 20 ft.. how many guns is this for? I only have 1 so im wondering how much i would need and u only need 1 pair of male and 1 of females right?

Please do not mention springs over M100. Furthermore, please read the thread, what you ask has been covered before.

Some of the wire and connectors I ordered was for a friend, some of it is for my MP5, some of it is for other guns, and some of it is just to have around.

You need three feet for the extension (18" of each color). I don't know yet how much will be needed for the gearbox. I'll find out tomorrow when I do it. For now, six feet total (three of each color) should be a safe estimate.

You should always use females on the batteries, to avoid a short. So that's a minimum of one female for your battery, one male for the gun and one male for the changer. Optionally, you could wire in a second set in the back of the gearbox if you want to maintain the ability to switch to using a battery in the stock easily. Again, please read the thread if you need more clarification on this, it's been covered.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GRRR! My selector switch fell off today, and its MIA! This sucks, postpone the new wiring so i can purchase a new selector... Im having the same problem as that other guy I think, i know for a fact that the screw was tight. . .

I bought a set of TM selector switch from Airsoft Extreme for $25 today, and it fits better than the UTG stock switch with better white paints too, and it now clicks nicely into all fire mode positions, (the UTG stock part didn't click when put in full auto). I don't see too much difference between the two though (except the TM one fits better, and hasn't fallen off since I put it on), and there's still a possibility the TM one might fall off.

I never had this problem with my old ICS MP5 selector switch though the ICS selector didn't click in any position.

Hey. I'm new to this forum but I just got the UTG Mp5 A4 the other day, and I have got to say it is a very good beginning Aeg. This is my first Aeg but so far I'm pleased with it. Pros: high rof, semi/full, strong plastic and metal parts like a Tokyo Mauri, practically a clone. full stock sturdy. Cons : Not very accurate but makes up for it with high Rate of fire. Overall for newbies like me. it is a great beginning AEG and for veterans, a solid secondary weapon. It is well worth the money.

Yes Well SD front will work on it. You just have to do a bit of tweaking. There's a thread on it converting to SD. However, I'm also looking for a straight-up SD conversion front-end kit/piece. I know it exists because CA makes it all metal. Well is cheaper but I can't seem to find anyone that sells an actual stand-alone one although I bet it's more expensive.

my friend recently ordered the UTG mp5 and it works flawlessly. there's no real resistance putting the selector on full auto (unlike mine, where i had to really push hard on the selector to get it to "click" into full auto) so maybe most of the first batch of mp5's are already out there and now they're selling mp5's from the second batch

Yes Well SD front will work on it. You just have to do a bit of tweaking. There's a thread on it converting to SD. However, I'm also looking for a straight-up SD conversion front-end kit/piece. I know it exists because CA makes it all metal. Well is cheaper but I can't seem to find anyone that sells an actual stand-alone one although I bet it's more expensive.

What is the threads link, because i searched for it and i couldnt find it. does anyone know?

:stupid:

What is the threads link, because i searched for it and i couldnt find it. does anyone know?

:stupid:

Dude, It's like ten posts down, tops, in this very forum! :P

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=31849

It should be possible to fit either a TM or CA SD front assembly on the UTG without modification. The TM is like $80 though, so I don't know why anyone wouldn't just get the (metal) CA set. The Well option seems like a decent one especially for the price, though I've never held a Well gun and can't say how the quality of the plastic compares. Based on photo's, I'd be tempted to give it a blast of flat black paint as it looks kind of shiny as is.

Quick update. Rewired the gearbox and made a new extension, installed an M100. The gun works great and the ROF is still over 700 (About 730RPM actually). Won't be able to chrono it until tomorrow. Photos and instructions coming soon.

yeah the finish dosent match up all that good. good enought tho for $25 but i sprayed some rubering black paint on it and it match's allmost perfect now. I got a metal sd6 front end but its on my marui lol. I figure about 80% of the people who are getting this gun are new to AEG's and they got this because they dont have the uber funds for maruis and stuff.

flat black spraypaint is our friend lol.

i just ordered another UTG and i think they fixed most problems with the second batch. what was really fast. when i got my first mp5 the screw for the slect wasent to long and the gun sliped into full auto fine. So when i get my outher one i'll let you know if they did fix the second batch.

I dont know about you guys but i like UTG, they got good services great guns and seem to fix problems asap.

yeah the finish dosent match up all that good. good enought tho for $25 but i sprayed some rubering black paint on it and it match's allmost perfect now. I got a metal sd6 front end but its on my marui lol. I figure about 80% of the people who are getting this gun are new to AEG's and they got this because they dont have the uber funds for maruis and stuff.

flat black spraypaint is our friend lol.

i just ordered another UTG and i think they fixed most problems with the second batch. what was really fast. when i got my first mp5 the screw for the slect wasent to long and the gun sliped into full auto fine.  So when i get my outher one i'll let you know if they did fix the second batch.

I dont know about you guys but i like UTG, they got good services great guns and seem to fix problems asap.

Yes, they are gret, i love them so much. If your reading this utg, i love you, lol.

I love marui but i can see UTG running them out of the us market in a few years. They allready showed they got good suport and so far the few problems that people reported seemed to have been fixed and if not they are beaing adressed. They also give you alot of extras what is very cool and makeing alot of guns. I say next summer UTG will have a good name in airsoft with the mp5 the shotty and the ak and sniper rifle and who knows maybe by summer they will have more guns by them they seem to be improveing stuff fast and getting new guns out quick.

If they come out with a m-60 or another heavy machine gun for about $200 i will never buy a marui again lol. Who knows maybe they will we can all hope.

ok my buddy drilled out his piston head and there was a increase in fps due to a better seal from the air in the holes makeing the o ring expand. no numbers yet we got the offical chrno results from when he first got it. avraged 100 shots with ksc .2's and were gonna chrono again with 100 more with the drilled stock head with the bb's from the same bag.

could i know where guys get those small screws on the guns...

specifically the screw on the selector switch... the small tiny one.... i want to take my gun apart to inspect the o-ring but the screw seems to be stripped.... i would want to know where i could get a replacement for it...

thanks

How's the accuracy and range on the thing? looking for stock results, but upgraded results welcomed too, just post what you did to it. Thanks

Range: nearly same as the TM original.

Accuracy: I can shoot a gourd at about 25 meters a little over half the time on semi.

could i know where guys get those small screws on the guns...

specifically the screw on the selector switch... the small tiny one.... i want to take my gun apart to inspect the o-ring but the screw seems to be stripped.... i would want to know where i could get a replacement for it...

thanks

I emailed them thursday asking for information on screws. Should get a reply on monday-tuesday.

PS: Im going to order the TM selector in a few days, this really ticked me off. At the same time i might buy a box to stars.

o.o You know, i was thinking. You see it all the time with cheaper technology; today TV's are a heckuvalot cheaper then they were 3 years ago, the same with computers and toys.

I'm thinking if 'Bargain Airsoft' keeps up, they wont have any choice but to lower prices. This is just me thinking, so its all speculation and whatnot. But, as a business, when a cheaper product comes along that is just as good as yers and can perform just as well (under the right circumstances) you counter that with something cheaper or better, right?

Soon, Tokyo Marui will see that more and more their products are being skillfully reverse engineered and they're either gonna seek legal advice or just plain make their guns and products cheaper.

You see the same thing with home businesses and online jobs from home; real businesses feel the pinch of losing alot of customers and it really does hurt the economy.

So wont bargain airsoft hurt....the airsoft economy?

Watch yer stock fall boys....the other one, not that one :D

Laterz

Please!!!

...Please do your best to keep this thread on topic. It's my goal here to objectively assess and discuss the design, build, and function of the gun's internals, to report successes and failures while trying to improve the gun, and to a degree examine potential parts compatibility issues. It's also my intention to do this with cost-effectiveness in mind. If you'd like to discuss UTG's future spring MP5 or AK AEG, checkout this thread in the news forum. If you're interested in this gun's stock performance, there's a great review in the reader's reviews section by Jordan74. If there's anything else you'd like to discuss off topic, such as the geopolitical ramifications of this product, or wether the gun will cause marui to go bankrupt, or whatever, well there's a whole bunch of forums here for you to start a new thread in. :)

Seriously, I think it's well and good to discuss these related issues, but please create a new thread to do it in, or do it in an exiting one if appropriate. The new topic will get more attention from people who wish to discuss it, and this thread will remain on point for those wanting to discuss this thread's topic. People are already skipping to the end and then asking questions that have been asked. If there's off topic stuff in here it's just going to make things harder for people to get the information they're looking for. :headbutt:

Shao has already graciously tidied things up in here once, I don't think he's going to want to make a habit of it. Thanks! :)

ok today i opened up the whole gun internals thanks to static zero's help

i found that indeed the dumb o-ring on the piston head is screwed.... i have almost 0 compression , no resistence at all and fell flat on the face but i chronoed it two days ago to be aroun 240ish fps.....

now im thinking should i just change the o-ring or is it necessary to buy a new piston , piston head and the cylinder..... i already want to get the systema barrel and metal bushings for it.... dont really want to touch the springs and motor because i just want to make it shoot better in terms of accuracy and being more durable rather than sky high fps which could hurt someone...

any ideas ?

Archived