Big Boy

Sledge

As some of you may be aware, I bought McMadkat's Glock 19 off him a month or so ago. I recently decided to sell this, as it didn't "fit" me. Big Boy expressed interest but was also worried about the condition of the slide. In response, I sent him a picture of the slide, clearly showing the holes McM had drilled and the small crack that had formed as a result.

Big Boy explained he was interested, but not at my asking price. I offered to drop this to £65 for the gun, two G17 mags, and a small pistol case. Big Boy said he only had £60 (something I suspect to be untrue based on his Sales activity, but that's not germane to the issue), so I accepted this price.

The cash arrived on Wednesday, so I dispatched the gun by 1st Class Recorded Delivery. Big Boy received the package today, and test-fired it (with ammo and gas I had filled the mags with).

Big Boy has now PM'ed me expressing concern about the crack on the gun, and requesting a refund or some cash towards a replacement gun. I am disinclined to offer this, as the gun is in the condition shown in the photos provided. Also, the gun functions flawlessly.

To add to this, I find Big Boy trying to sell the gun here, where he admits the crack in no way affects performance. His repsonse when I pointed this out was

I do think it is worth 85 new but i don't think that it is worth 60 or even 50 in the current state it is in....will you vcontribute..or will you refund
This in no way addresses the point. Until this is resolved, I would be extremely hesitant to trade with Big Boy, and would advise caution in others.

:zorro:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stated when it is new it is worth 85...65(g19)...20(spare mag) but i never said it was worth that now..it has cracks and it has scratches....falling off sights!!!.....

I was stating that if yyou bought the package in the shop it would have cost 85 but i later told him the i was wanting for it....and i think it was hirely unessecary to do this..i did not realise that it had a crack in so i was concerned and the fact you never actually stated that it was cracked....i thought it was fair to ask for a refund...is that too much to ask...this was not neccessary though

. Big Boy said he only had £60 (something I suspect to be untrue based on his Sales activity, but that's not germane to the issue), so I accepted this price.

And i did only barely have £60 as i had earnt money off arnies...yes, but if you had actually resarched you would have found that i have also bought a marushin raging bull off prancing for 110....please actually research before you make comments that are not needed!!

I do not understand how you can ask for a refund on SOMETHING YOU'RE TRYING TO SELL. Either the gun works, in which case great, do what you want with it; or it doesn't. In which case, it worked when I sent it. Which is it?

I would have told you if i had sold it as i would have used the money to replace the shamble i had bought off you..it does work and that is ok, but soon it will probably break as it has a large crack which will grow...i did not trealise this at the time of the purchase so i was worried when it arrived..and i asked for a contribution towards a new one or a refund AS YOU DID NOT STATE THAT IT HAS A CRACK IN IT !!!

Will you refund the item....

You had a picture that shows the crack. The crack has not grown in the time I owned the gun. I doubt McM would have sold a gun that was about to self-destruct, and you yourself said "Has crack on slide (unaffects performance)." Surely a large crack that is going to grow affects performance? You can't have this both ways. You are complaining that the gun is unfit for use, but at the same time saying it is fine whilst trying to sell it. This is surely suspicious behaviour by anyone's standards.

Edit ~ Picture:

slife.jpg

If Sledge can post the picture of the "cracked" slide, then that will be proof enough.

But it was not particularly clear on the picture as it looks like a scratch...but Sledge should of stated on several PM's we sent each other that IT WAS CRACKED, so how was i supposed to know whether it was a scratch or a crack...and as i get worried and ask for a refund Sledge suddenly goes to extremes and opens this thread...this could have been resolved in pm's not in front of everyone so they will judge me and take second thoughts when they make deals with me when i was just worried about the condition of the slide, and fairly asked for a refund

You had a picture that shows the crack. The crack has not grown in the time I owned the gun. I doubt McM would have sold a gun that was about to self-destruct, and you yourself said "Has crack on slide (unaffects performance)." Surely a large crack that is going to grow affects performance? You can't have this both ways. You are complaining that the gun is unfit for use, but at the same time saying it is fine whilst trying to sell it. This is surely suspicious behaviour by anyone's standards.

I said it IS useable but i never stated to lork that it would break sooner in the future than a normal one...but i felt i didn't need to tell him because he wasn't the slightest bit interested in the item...if he was i would have told him...and it is not that hard to mistake that crack for a scratch.....as that is what i did.

Will you give me a refund if i return the glock 19 tomorrow

Sledge, just my tuppence worth.

Tell this chancer to take a hike.

The condition of the slide is more than obvious in the pic. If he didn't like it, he should have just come straight back to you.

His attempt to sell it is dubious at best and down right dishonest at worst.

I wouldn't trade with him. Caveat Empor.

Big Boy realize it...

YOU'VE JUST BEEN PWNED !

What does PWNED mean??

and i was going to try to get a refund but as you had already sent me 2 pms saying that it was not neccessary for you to make a contribution...i though"hmm..i might try to sell this then"...but then lork contacted me via msn and said that he was not interested...

EDIT~ And who would actually be able to tell the crack from a scratch..as i did....its an easy mistake when you are not told that it is a crack...whereas i felt tht i should have been told...This is hirely unfair on me...i don't particularly get the chance to buy a gun but when i spend £60 i expect to be told the whole condition it is in ....not just the holes

You are more than welcome to do what you want with the Glock. I will not be refunding any cash for it, as you saw the condition of it and negotiated a price on that basis.

Now, would you care to explain what you were going to do if I agreed to a refund AND someone wanted to buy this gun?

You are more than welcome to do what you want with the Glock. I will not be refunding any cash for it, as you saw the condition of it and negotiated a price on that basis.

Now, would you care to explain what you were going to do if I agreed to a refund AND someone wanted to buy this gun?

But i knew by that time that i posted it up for sale, that you were not going to give me a refund as i already had 2 pm's from you saying that you were not going to contribute or refund me...as i have already stated.

Sledge, just my tuppence worth.

Tell this chancer to take a hike.

The condition of the slide is more than obvious in the pic. If he didn't like it, he should have just come straight back to you.

His attempt to sell it is dubious at best and down right dishonest at worst.

I wouldn't trade with him. Caveat Empor.

I did come straight back to him actually...as soon as i had access to a computer i pm'ed him...and it is not obvious...it could be a scratch or a crack...BUT SLEDGE SHOULD HAVE STATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...but of course he didn't

Everything I have to say has been stated by Ghost Rider, I see no point in repeating it. I would like to add this, however:

Re: the PMs. You first one was sent at 06:31 PM this evening. Your second was sent at 09:11 PM. I was offline til 9 PM, and was formulating my initial response when the second PM arrived. You posted offering to sell the Glock at 08:08 PM, at least one hour BEFORE I had first replied to you. So, you were attempting to sell the gun whilst also trying to get money out of me.

Everything I have to say has been stated by Ghost Rider, I see no point in repeating it. I would like to add this, however:

Re: the PMs. You first one was sent at 06:31 PM this evening. Your second was sent at 09:11 PM. I was offline til 9 PM, and was formulating my initial response when the second PM arrived. You posted offering to sell the Glock at 08:08 PM, at least one hour BEFORE I had first replied to you. So, you were attempting to sell the gun whilst also trying to get money out of me.

The first PM you sent me though told me that you were not going to refund my money..so as i sed...i thought "hmm...i am going to try to sell this then"...don't you understand????

You're not even reading the responses.

IN THE PICTURE POSTED IT IS OBVIOUS TO ANYONE WITH EYES THAT THE SLIDE IS CRACKED.

IN ADDITION, SLEDGE IS SAYING THAT YOU POSTED THE GUN AT 8PM, BEFORE HE RESPONDED TO YOU TELLING YOU TO WHISTLE FOR YOUR REFUND.

YOU ARE A SCAMMING LITTLE CHANCER. PLEASE STOP POSTING NOW.

OKTHNXSTFU

Edit: Yes, I am shouting. I'm hoping to break through into his little world ;)

It's quite clear that the majority of forum dwellers who expressed a view feel I am in the right on this one. I'm not sure what is going on with Big Boy, but I would advise against dealing with him. I should point out, in the interest of fairness, that my earlier deal with him was problem-free. I don't know what the problem is here, and I hope this isn't typical of Big Boy. But I won't be dealing with him again.

Big Boy has now neg repped me. I leave it to my fellow forum dwellers to decide if this is correct.

I am not like this usually and i don't think i have done anything wrong...you should have told me whether it had a crack or not...but lets leave it a that...and you won't ever deal with me again??

I think I'm allowed to decide for myself who I will deal with. Full Metal Jacket (cheers bud) was good enough to +1 me to compensate for your ridiculous negative. I suggest you drop this issue while ANYONE will deal with you. Also, to mods out there, would it be fair to link to this thread in Big Boys sale thread, and/or add him to the Bad Traders thread?

Archived