Big Boy

Sledge

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternatively;

This court finds that Big boy is guilty of attempting to sell an item for more that it is worth and attempting to solicit further funds from Sledge for a 'broken' gun whilst selling it to another user claiming it was fine,

This court also finds the User guilty of Slander; Claiming Sledge was lying regarding the timing of PM's whilst providing no proof.

Finally, the user is charged and found guilty of being an aggressive whiny little *albatross*.

Case closed. Lock thread.

Cavet Empor.

Paid £60 for it, and wanted cash back. That would suggest it's not worth £60. Selling for £50, minus one mag (value £10-15? Roughly?). If you want to work it out, that is a price equivalent to what it was bought for. To put it another way, Big Boy was trying to get back more money than he paid.

:zorro:

*Wonders what G_R said*

I don't regard the price as unfair, my point is Big Boy regards the gun as functional enough to sell to someone else, but was still trying to get money out of me. This seems dishonest to me.

As for regarding this as resolved, I'm of two minds. On the one hand, one of the reasons I started this has been resolved: Big Boy is no longer PM'ing me requesting a refund. And I have recieved a half-arsed and dripping-with-sarcasm apology. On the other hand, (and I know I've said this a lot, but it's still true) there has been no answer to my concern about selling the gun whilst seeking additional money from me. I'm trying to think of an explanation for this that doesn't involve the word "scam," and I can't.

I believe Elrey is about to lock this at my request. I would like to repeat one thing though, as I believe people dealing with Big Boy should bear it in mind:

As for regarding this as resolved, I'm of two minds. On the one hand, one of the reasons I started this has been resolved: Big Boy is no longer PM'ing me requesting a refund. And I have recieved a half-arsed and dripping-with-sarcasm apology. On the other hand, (and I know I've said this a lot, but it's still true) there has been no answer to my concern about selling the gun whilst seeking additional money from me. I'm trying to think of an explanation for this that doesn't involve the word "scam," and I can't.

Thank you all.

I believe Elrey is about to lock this at my request. I would like to repeat one thing though, as I believe people dealing with Big Boy should bear it in mind:

Thank you all.

If I may (nods to elrey), I'll offer you an explanation. After reading through the first 3 pages, I do not see a clear indication that Big Boy was trying to scam anyone (and we all believe innocent until proven guilty, don't we?). I would just say that he was very impatient.

Please note that Big Boy did not take the said item to a store for sale or offered the item in anyway that he was bound to sell the gun if anybody responded to his offer. Furthermore, if in the case Sledge decided to refund Big Boy AND Big Boy had an offer, he could easily decline one or the other. Whether Big Boy would actually have done that had the situation arised is purely speculation based on no proof whatsoever from what have been said in this thread.

For the above reason, it is unfair to label Big Boy scammer

However, the other behavior Big Boy had exhibited in this thread deserves reprimand. It is immature, unwise, and despicable to spam and/or threaten other members using either the forum or PM, and you'll have to face the consequences of those actions.

Now, this thread has been closed, and hopefully all the issues here have been resolved; otherwise, feel free to PM me or any other mods about any concern you still have.

Archived