Why I am thankful I bought a PSP.

Foxtrot

Heh. i should realy get one of these, if I ever get the money... I get them cheaper than everyone else, though - 10% discount on all hardware due to working at GAME :D All I do is wait for some git to get bored of theirs and trade it in. Pre-owned is cheaper already, so I can get them for around £120 :D

I can also get a nintendo DS for a shade ofer £70... Nyah-nyah!!

:) Not meaning to brag, though.

Heh. i should realy get one of these, if I ever get the money... I get them cheaper than everyone else, though - 10% discount on all hardware due to working at GAME :D All I do is wait for some git to get bored of theirs and trade it in. Pre-owned is cheaper already, so I can get them for around £120 :D

I can also get a nintendo DS for a shade ofer £70... Nyah-nyah!!

:) Not meaning to brag, though.

Yeah, but PSP pwns DS.

Yeah, but the PSP is a rip off in some ways because you have to buy special DVD's for it that cost as much as regualar ones

The DVD's as you said are the same price as normal DVD's anyway.

Plus you can use your PC to convert all your standard DVD's into files playable on the PSP.

Can I ask why bother will a portable console that costs £120, when you can get a gameboy and tetris off ebay for < £20 and never need another game again? tetris FTW ^_^

I play tetris on my PSP, along with any other gameboy game I feel like, oh and SNES games :P There's also Doom, Quake, and loads of other console emulators.

I can justify paying that much money for an MP3 player, a portable digital photobook, a web browser, a very good gaming system, a video player, and then there's everything else you can do with homebrew apps.

There's also camera and phone add-ons coming out for it, btw. And different coloured ones. Even a pink one *shudders*. I'll keep you informed :D

Nothing can match the Mighty Gameboy addons, though - the almost mythical pcket sonar - does exactly what it says on the tin. It's an underwater sonar addon for the GBC that plugs in, and shows the location of fish etc underwater by, you guessed it, sonar!

Beat that, PSP!

Also, It seems there's a few problems with imported PSP's and movies. The stor PSP is imported, and won't play some movies/games - it says it needs a software update :blink: strange, that, you can just update the software to make it multi-regional.

There's also camera and phone add-ons coming out for it, btw. And different coloured ones. Even a pink one *shudders*. I'll keep you informed :D

Nothing can match the Mighty Gameboy addons, though - the almost mythical pcket sonar - does exactly what it says on the tin. It's an underwater sonar addon for the GBC that plugs in, and shows the location of fish etc underwater by, you guessed it, sonar!

Beat that, PSP!

Also, It seems there's a few problems with imported PSP's and movies. The stor PSP is imported, and won't play some movies/games - it says it needs a software update :blink: strange, that, you can just update the software to make it multi-regional.

It's because you can run pirate games on the older firmware, but you can't on newer firmware, so they're trying to force the update by making games require it.

iirc the bat life bout 2 hour which is pretty ###### but if there only a tenner hmmmm ^^

It's like 3 1/2 hours for me. I also have an external battery that is 3 times the capacity of the regular battery.

I love the PSP, but there just isn't enough games out yet. I got an extremely good deal on mine though.

Um...

These PSP doodads have been out since last year...

In HK, anyway.

The PSP has only been out in the UK since the first.

They have only been out in Hong Kong for 4 months.

They were released to America before Hong Kong.

They haven't even been out in Japan for a year.

:rolleyes:

Archived