Finding & using ICS products

Air Luka

Collecting customer information.

We would like to know:

1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area?

2.What is the first impression you have when you open color box and shoot?

3.Do they do nice service after selling to you?

*It's best to include shop name and your location if you have question

:wizard:

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Collect customer information.

We would like to know:

1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area .

Most of the UK shops sell ICS products. The notable exception being Airsoft Armoury. They buy in ICS guns, sell them as their own brand and THEN tell people that ICS are actually poor quality.

2.What is the first impression when you open color box and shoot .

Pretty poor IMO.

My ICS M4 came in a very basic cardboard box with not much in the way of packing material.

Also, there was very little in the way of freebies, catalogues, leaflets, targets etc.

3.Do they do nice service after sold to you .

Never needed it.

If neccesary I'm sure the gun would be shipped back and repaired or replaced.

Zero One Airsoft seen to be the major supporters of ICS in the UK. They stock a LOT of ICS products and have done so for a long time.

Well, I bought my ICS MP5A4 from evike.com (a US based company) along with a battery and charger. It is very easy to buy ICS AEGs in the US.

Color box? There was no color box. A plain cardboard box, but doesn't bother me. I loved the solid feeling of the MP5 after I picked it up. Wished the ejection port can be open like on the M4s. Keep in mind that that was my first AEG, so I put in the charged battery and pull the trigger. Wasn't impressed by the lack of any kind of recoil (but this is for all AEGs not just ICS), but was quite impressed with the ROF.

Recall that this was not only my first AEG, but also my first hi-cap magazine, and some instruction on how to properly use the hi-cap would be helpful. I dropped a dozen BBs in the hicap, and turned the winding wheel on the bottom, and of course, when I shot, nothing came out. Took me a while to figure out how hi-caps work, and after that, it's all smooth sailing.

Services? What services? There is no services after I buy the gun. Some shops here offer AEG services in general for a price. Evike would probably give exchange or refund, but I never needed it.

I'm a 15 minute drive from my nearest dealer, and they have excellant service. They also do upgrades at the shop. They sell pre-upgraded upper gearbox sets for ICS M4's, as well. I am very satisfied with any ICS products.

Not to be a kiss-*albatross*, but I really do like ICS.

Aaron

BTW:

Shop name: Sir Plus

City: Woodinville, WA, USA

1. I bought my ICS M4 from www.zerooneairsoft.co.uk - once I'd decided to get an ICS it was easy to find a UK stockist.

2. I was very impressed with the quality of the gun when I got it out of the box and it was very easy to get the battery connected and start shooting. I thought the manual was good with nice clear illustrations to get you started, but i would have liked a bit more info about lubing and general maintenance.

3. I've never needed any after sales service but I had my gun upgraded when I bought it and it's been good ever since.

1. Bought my ICS MP5 SD2 from Red Wolf Airsoft in HK. This was purely because it was substantially cheaper than buying one from Zero One Airsoft, especially when you took the batteries/chargers etc. into account too.

2. Quite underwhelmed by the box when I got it (plain cardboard) but it soon proved to be a blessing rather than a hindrance as I had to walk back home with just the box and I didn't need to wrap it in anything to hide the fact that there was a gun in there. There could have been more stuff inside the box like a couple of targets, perhaps a small pack of BBs etc.

3. I've never needed to service the gun but it is only 8 months old. It has consistantly fired at around 330-340fps on .2g BBs which is much higher than I expected, so overall I'm very happy with my ICS purchase and can't wait to buy more ;)

We would like to know:

*Better show with shop name and your location if you have question .

1. Yes, bought mine (MP5 SD5) from Elite Airsoft in the UK - Usual excellent service.

2. No colour box. Like everyone else plain cardboard only, with the gun cable tied down (good) - My magazine had some peeling paint, but that soon rubbed off and didn't seem important enough to report. Gun itself looked great, but TM have you beat hands-down on presentation.

3. Happy with the service I've had from Elite, always, but I've not needed any support in connection with the MP5.

Cheers.

We would like to know:

1. It´s easy to get guns but is very difficult to buy any other stuff from ICS (except BB´s)

2. First Impression: It sounds louder than any other gun I have fired. Lovely weight. I need a 3 point sling...

3. I didn´t need anything from my customer except a new hop bucking, replaced by myself.

Customer reviewed: www.neo-sport.com, located in Sevilla, Spain.

Saludos

There are no local ICS retailers in Cleveland, Ohio, USA. However that is not a big deal. There are 3 online stores that carry almost any ICS product that I want: Blazing Toys, Airsoft Arms, and Airsoft GI.

Out of the box, I felt my ICS was easily as good as any TM or CA that I had owned. I actucally prefered the finish on the ICS over the finish on the CA and the full metal construction of the ICS completely outclasses the TM. All of the ICS products that I have owned have been well made and completely meet my expectations.

As for the actual packaging, I could really care less. As long as the products are 1st class and built well, it could come in a plain brown box and I would not care.

No idea. I presonally do all of my upgrades and repairs myself or with a team mate. However, all three of the stores I listed above have provided me good post sales support via the phone or email.

Being in Canada I find it hard to get any airsoft. There are retailers but all overcharge by alot. They have poor selection of in stock items.

I purchased a mp5a5 from www.Doubleedgeairsoft.com

I would say it could be easier to get ics products than it is now, especially upgrade parts and accessories.

The box was not too impressive but the gun arrived ok. I can appreciate a cheaper box = more gun for the money. I did receive a nice color catalogue of ICS products and the manual which was nice as well. I was suprised to feel how light the gun was. One thing that did not impress me was the wiring in the stock. The wires are quite thin, I replaced them with 16 guage silicone wire before even firing the gun. Other than removing the stock and replacing the wires the gun has not been opened as it shoots 100% to my expectations.

service has not been required as the gun is great.

yes very easy..hotspotairsoft.com

keep the box plain and simple. no pictures or markings...because you can easily carry your aeg inside it and walk outside without people noticing you...unlike TM. also if it will keep the cost down, do it...just make sure the box is sturdy enough the aeg will not get damaged.

1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area

i find it's pretty easy but buying bb's is a real bum, you usually have to order abroad ever since zerone stoped selling bags of them.

yeah, i also find it pretty poor , it would look better with some more freebies.

i haven't had a problem with mine yet.

I got mine from Zeroneairsoft. They sell alot of ICS spares so thats good. When mine came it fired and died. I sent it back and neil told me what was wrong and fixed it without too much hassle. Overall the cardboard box approach could be improved upon but im not fussed afterall i bought a gun not a box :)

BTW nice to see you ICS guys taking an interest in the customers :D

We would like to know:

1. Quite easy to purchase ICS products in my area. I bought from Airsoft Arms in Columbus, Ohio, USA.

2. The box packing was sparse compared to Classic Army. I would have worried about this had I bought the gun online and had it shipped to me. As it was Airsoft Arms had already inspected and confirmed the integrity of the gun so for me it was a non-issue. Still, better packing material would be appreciated.

The gun shot perfectly the first time and continues to perform without a problem.

3. Have had no need for product support in terms of repair or such, but they continue to be very helpful with airsoft product questions.

Here in Switzerland it's impossible to get an ICS gun without importing it from Hongkong or other countries (except buying at "shops" where they just import things from HK and send it to you and charge a lot of money for that). Tokyo Marui and Classic Army guns though are quite easy to get, there are lots of shops and retailers that stock TM and CA guns even though sometimes they're very pricy.

I haven't bought any AEG yet.

I bought an ICS MP5A5 from zero one about six months ago.

Yes it too came in a plain brown cardboard box, looks dull but I didn't buy it for how the box looks I bought it for the contents. The gun is superb, 328 fps out of the box, good rate of fire and good accuracy. I don't care if it didn't have a bag of beebs in it like a Marui and if I wanted some targets to practice on I could print my on from my laptop. The product inside the box exceeded my expectations. Don't change anything your doing ICS it's all good.

I purchased an ICS M4 RIS from a Canadian importer this past March. Right out of the box the gun was broken - I had to reshim and install metal bushings.

Once that was taken care of, the gun worked great, until I happened to break the lower reciever during a night game.

Getting a spare lower was impossible - replies from ICS clearly indicated that the customer service reps have an extremely poor grasp of the english language, and frustrated after many emails, I gave up on getting a replacement part.

I had to wait 5 months, until another player was parting out his ICS M4 to get my new lower reciever.

I don't care about extra bits in the box, or posters etc. What I would like to see is better customer service for english speaking customers, and better availability of spare parts in my country.

The weapon itself, after fixing it, is top notch though, and is my favourite so far.

I whould like to see ICS create a Dieamco SFW, it would be really easy for you since it's almost the same as the M4 exept of the carryhandle, heavybarrel, pistolgrip and markings.

www.diemaco.com for more information :)

Both the british SAS and special forces all over the world uses it so if you atleast whould look into the project i whould be for ever grateful

-AdakaR

We would like to know:

I run Airsoft Knoxville in the USA. We sell a great deal of ICS rifles. We also repair and upgrade guns for our customers. I could provide a LOT of feedback but I will be brief.

1: Yes. Very. Except for ICS aftermarket parts and repair parts.

2: M4 series: Excellent. Fantastic job on the hop-up unit. The two piece gearbox design is great. I like the changes you have made to the gun since it was initially released. The anti-reversal latch still continues to be a problem. The ones with a screw holding the two pieces together seem the strongest so far but a one piece unit would be desirable. Less magazine wobble would be nice too.

MP5 series: Compared to the Classic Army and Tokyo Marui versions, the ICS guns feel and perform the worst. These double feed in semi-auto all the time. The magazine is not secure at all. Putting a battery in the fore-grip of an MP5-A5 is almost impossible. Several customers have returned these guns to me because they could not put the battery in at all. I understand their concerns.

The Turbo 2000 motors are not as powerful as those by CA and TM. The magnets come unglued frequently too.

3: We try very hard.

I believe everyone will agree with me that we wish you would use metal bushings instead of nylon in the gearbox. This is very important to me and the customers I have spoken with.

Products:

ICS MP5 A4 SWAT

ICS 3 point sling

www.zerooneairsoft.com/

1.Quite easy, it would be nice to see a few ‘official supplier of ICS products’ where I can go and get any spare parts and know they are official ICS parts.

2. I was very impressed when I first got it out the gun was still in one piece. Possibly a little more packaging is required.

In my opinion state of the box is not important, at the moment it is a strong enough box to hold the gun and does not advertise the fact that you have a gun. I would rather you spend money developing the technology in the gun than making a colourful box.

3. My gun has performed very well so far. Some of the reasons I brought and ICS gun are that it has a metal body, it felt solid and the price was right. When I was looking at guns, I held the TM version of my gun and it was all plastic it was so creaky and felt cheap.

The 3 point sling is also a very well made product do not change anything on that, it is clear that someone has thought about the problems on other 3 point slings and corrected them on the ICS version.

ICS products are nice, I got mine from airsplat.com here in the states. The only suggestion I have to make your gearbox more upgrade friendly. I had many problems just going to an m100 from the stock spring, other than that problem with the new gearbox the m16 series is pretty nice.

We would like to know:

1) The guns seem pritty easy to get hold of if you go with zero one airsoft, spare parts and accosires are not so easy, the bb's are even harder to get hold of !

2)Plain and simple, how it should be, the gun worked right out of the box, only issue i have is the hop-up is not in the same league compared to the tm/ca hop up

3)None needed so far, the guns had well over 40k worth of bbs through it and still going strong

Over all am happy with the MP5 A4 i got from zero one, looking fwd to my next ics gun :)

Archived