Finding & using ICS products

Air Luka

Collecting customer information.

We would like to know:

1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area?

2.What is the first impression you have when you open color box and shoot?

3.Do they do nice service after selling to you?

*It's best to include shop name and your location if you have question

:wizard:

Even though I dont own an ICS gun, a friend does, and Ill do this survey from what ive seen with his gun.

1.Yes, Airsoft Atlanta isnt far and its easy to find online if I cant buy it from a local store.

2.His CAR-97 came in a plain box which is nice. It isnt so obvious that you have a gun in there I like it. His gun could look better, but it looks fine out of the box. The motor is whiny, but the gun works great.

3. Hes never had a problem so he doesnt need any help dealing with it. Very nice gun.

I would like to say, that there need to be some improvements on your guns. the M4 doesnt have correct dimensions and it has shiny,plasticky foregrips. A different variety of trademarks on your M4's would be cool too.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Collecting customer information.

We would like to know:

:wizard:

PLEASE MAKE A DECENT Affordable SA80 and LSW PLEASE....PLEASE

ICS: 1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area?

ME: 1. very easy to get hold of when ordering over the internet from ZeroOne

ICS: 2.What is the first impression you have when you open color box and shoot?

ME: 2. well the box is a box i like the fact it has just zipties to hold the gun in its place. would have been nice to get a better digeram of the mp5 SD5 (supperser).

ICS: 3.Do they do nice service after selling to you?

ME: 3. i have had no problems with it so far so i have had no need for after sales help.

BEST gun i own :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Of course, I'm often in Taipei and visit the shops in Ximen. In the USA, Airsoft Extreme does a good job helping me out.

Never owned a gun, but have bought lots of parts and I've loved them all. Quality I feel is better than similar products.

Yes of course. My favorite is a small shop on Zhong Hua Road 1 section, under Guarder Office. Service there is excellent.

it isn't too hard to get an ics gun in london, there are a few places in the uk that sell them so you don't have to import.

the first thing after taking the gun out of the box and shootin it is that it is nice and strudy, it won't be falling apart and that it is nice and accurate. as for service, i haven't had to use it yet.

A friend of mine has an ICS MP5SD6 which I repaired for him recently, broken tappet plate, a known weak point I believe, could easily be beefed up with a small strip of titanium/ stainless.

I've always wanted to take an AEG apart after first seeing them years ago....

Seemed well made enough to me. You pays your money, you takes your choice....

Anyone in UK had experience of buying from Evike, online? Their prices seem good, too good to be true? How much do you get stung for postage/import duty/ etc?

I recently got an ics m4 2nd hand, which i am very happy with... it's much more solid than the CA armalites and it's not fussy with certain mags (like the CA ones)

i'm waiting for my charger, so i haven't experienced firing yet... but i am expecting good things :)

Very, Orderd a MP5 SD6 from Zero one and got it within 2 days :)

Box was nothing special but there was a lot of packing material in it :)

I was very impressed by the quality of the gun, how solid it was, finish and shooting.

Overall a very nice gun :D

Never needed it yet, although Zero one do have a very good reputation ;)

In what way is a an ICS more solid than a CA version?

well when i tried out the CA versions, they just didn't feel as solid... not much difference, but to me the ics one just felt better. Like on some of them the handguard is a bit wobbly etc. and on some of them, you have to really whack the mag to get it in, or press the mag catch down to insert a mag.

although i might just think that about the grips as mine has guarder grips attached...

edit: also, i'd like to say, with the ics high caps the mag is too long, it's the same size as a RS mag, but it doesn't go in as far, so it looks a bit dodgy. The gun looks much better with a milspex lowcap in it... so you may want to think about sorting the mag thing out, also maybe fitting the gun with metal bushes standard? and making a better hop? those are only minor things, that can be fixed with a few aftermarket parts by the purchaser and they only cost a few pounds each, but if that were change then it would be pretty much flawless.

Ok, i work on the classic army series and the ICS series of M4s just about every day. The ICS M4A1 is nice, however you cannot just install a M120 with out changing key other parts, unlike classic army. The ICS series will blow motors with the use of a M120 in less then 1000 rounds, and the wire guage is to thin to deliver enough power for higher springs it appears(Not to say the use of a M140+ cannot be used). The air nozzle, piston, tappit plate, cyl, cyl head and piston head, all appear to be close to that used on Tokyo Marui, However all four gears are very close to that used on the current Classic Army series so i do not doubt the actuall quality of the gears to be great. One big down side i found is that once your motor blows you cannot get your p. gear out, if so i have yet to find out how to do this. The ICS two piece gear box is Extremely easy to work on and is no doubt the best weapon to have to upgrade/fix, alot of people dont see just how easy it makes things like shimming, and when you dont have a spring, tappit, spring guide, and so on, to missline and not allow the gear box to close correctly it makes it very easy. I have found the overall life of a stock ICS to be equal to that of a classic army stock, however when you upgrade them you will see a down in life overall which i do not mind seeing as how all my weapons run stock. The trade marks used on the ICS are very nice and i would like to see more weapons made with the traids. The MP5 series also is very nice to work on, the two screw body design is extremely nice and very fast to take down as where TM and CA are going to take you around 10 min. to take down for a tec. and that is if all goes as expected. again the ICS take down is awesome, ICS really is one step ahead of Classic army in terms of creativity, Classic Army just clones Tokyo Marui and adds key features to a allready built weapon (Hicaps to G36C, stock upgrades to AUG) as where ICS weapons tend to go outside of the box and make a build better. The only downfall would be the T2k Motor (turbo 2000) used, i would strongly like to see this fixed. Just what i have seen. Ohh one other thing... i may not be a huge fan of Hicapacity magazines but come on, 450 round? you cannot go wrong.

1. Unfortunately, JungleToy seems to be an SRC only shop now -- so I can only order ICS stuff online. Airsplat has been a fantastic vendor for ICS guns. It's awesome that I can get an ICS cheaper in the states with cheaper shipping than from HK :)

2. I honestly could care less about the box, but the gun (C-15) immediately impressed me. The difference in quality over my TM SR-16 was astounding. It felt so damn solid, and the OA Trademarks were icing on the cake. After using the gun immediately, I found I appreciated the C15 style with a full stock and rail system. The gun performed on par with my TM out of the box.

3. I've never had to get service for my gun, as I do my own work.

Also, I haven't had much a problem finding parts anymore. Lately, I can find just about anything I need on evike.com or airsoftgi.com (both of which have been pleasent buying experiences many times over), and for some stuff I can always order from wgcshop.com or redwolf. I'm an upgrade/tailoring nut, and I now have 2 complete lower gearbox halves, and 3 complete upper gearbox halves. My gun can go from a woodland monster to a gentle CQB weapon in 15 minutes -- in the field.

My biggest gripes about the ICS gun are the thin, stiff wires, and weak hop bucking. Replacing the hop bucking was easy to do, and resulted in immediate range improvements -- but the wires totally baffle me. The wire setup in the TM SR-16 is of extremely high quality, low guage, and quite flexible. My gearboxes all use systema/custom wiring now due to me being a complete nut -- but I doubt I'd put a high powered spring in with stock wires.

1. Very easy, most online stores carry some ICS, I bought 2 mp5s from Zeroone.

2. Box is plain which i think is fine. polystyrene would be better then just tied down. Some catalogs or leaflets could only help sales :P

3. Excellent, Had a faulty hop-up unit, rung up, was picked up next day and delivered back within a few days for free :D

Archived