Finding & using ICS products

Air Luka

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there is anything you can do to make the connectors on the wire to the motor stronger, that would be good too, as I have had those break off a number of times...or use a size that is readily available at most electronic stores.

Also hte 450rd hicaps dont feed well and unwind always....I take great care of my mags, and now I just use that hi-cap to fill my speedloaders and other hi-caps in the field. If you could work on a better more reliable mag that would be great.

1> There seams to be a few online shops supplying ICS stuff but ZeroOne is my favorite

2> The packaging on AEG's is plain and dull... but then again its the contents that matter... there is a dissappointing lack of things like loading tools and BB's (would be a good way to promote your line of BB's). The packaging on the accessories is sufficient and well packed.

3> Had no problems as yet (always a good sign) although there was a delay from Zeroone for another product but the staff where very helpfull in sorting that out.

there is a dissappointing lack of things like loading tools and BB's

Agreed with the above, a little bag of ICS bb's (black and white) would be nice.

Loading tools would be useless though as the guns come with high caps anyway :)

Collecting customer information.

We would like to know:

1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area?

2.What is the first impression you have when you open color box and shoot?

3.Do they do nice service after selling to you?

*It's best to include shop name and your location if you have question

:wizard:

easy to find in the uk, zeroone mainly.

my first impressions of my mp5 a4 was good build and solid (but not solid enough!). not much not note on the box or any leaflet bit plain and dull, sure the boys at ics could make a nice unique graphic layout when making the boxs.

I enjoyed firing, and applying my quick detach suppressor (ics\guarder lugged threaded lugg muzzle.) all bought from z1

As for service after the sale from Zeroone was poor. no warranty in sight, i could not even claim any manufacture warnenty (dunno if there is or not). It was unfortunate that my brand new mp5 took a one story drop! resulting in a very costly repair that i could not afford, due to service charge and price of parts. as a result a bent barrel (firing off to the left), and complete broken chassie bar the cocking lever. makes me wish i never lent it up by my banisters :( . one big stroke of bad luck and stupidity all i rolled in to one :blink: would have been better to have bought a new gun, but hey new metal body pratically solved the problem, did it my self with owners manual, very easy take down. just wish i there was a warranty on accidential damage, is there?, :( saw the the mp5 fall and could not catch it in time, i almost cried.......

go on boys i have heard it from all my other airsofters, might as we hear it from you. let rip

bell :(

I bought an ICs M4 in august and have only ever had to have the roll pins in the outer barrel replaced after my really fat mate had my gun on his back and fell of his bike onto it :s the stock had split but i fixed that hopwever the roll pins in the outer barrel had loosend so i had to get neil at zeroone to fix. he did a brill job onit and its as good as new. i got the gun from 01 so it was still under warrenty so the repair was free :D and they stock all the ICS parts u need so product availibility is fine as long as 01 keep stocking ICS.

Im planning on gettin an RIS, its an ICS one but i cant decide, its either the one that come with vert grip and side panels or the selective one that will make my gun look unique. mmmmm

anyway, carry on what your doing ICS as its going good, however a bit more bos decoration wouldnt go a miss but if the gun quality has to suffer for it then dont bother. KEEP THE GUNS EXACTLY AS THEY ARE!!!!

Well done youre making a good quality airsoft product

cheers

Hmmmm, I'd certainly love an AK to put this accessory on ;)

They've been promising that for a year now, so CA has now released their AK74 before ICS. Not a good move by ICS. Hopefully the wait means that this time they will make a gun that has been put together properly, with no loose parts, missing parts, or faulty parts. We as a company will not buy the ICS AK until it has been thorougly tested by independent testers. After all the problems we've had with ICS guns the last year we just cannot take the chance. Quality control has always been ICS's main problem. It's about time they get that sorted. That and gearbox parts that are too weak and break.

I purchased an ICS MP5A5 in June of 2003.

Came in a plain brown box and was tied to the cardboard (essentially with zipties) - no fancy form-fitting styrofoam.

I thought it was an awesome gun until I started skirmishing with it and was outranged by *everyone* on the field.

2 weeks after that (33 days after I got the gun), I managed to play at a field that had a Big Red Radar Chrono, and the ICS MP5A5 Chronoed at a whopping 190 FPS. (No wonder the local "Rental M733's" were eating me alive!)

Retailer would not take it as a return, so to Ebay it went with a 20% discount over brand new as a "fixer upper" for someone else with more experience and a pile of spare parts handy to make a profit on.

Collecting customer information.

We would like to know:

1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area?

I couldn't find any retailers in my area (Newport, South Wales), but online they are pretty easy to locate. Ordered my MP5A4 and MP5A5 from elitesoftairuk. Quick delivery.

2.What is the first impression you have when you open color box and shoot?

It's just a brown cardboard box. Wasn't really bothered since I bought the gun and not the packaging. However, I was let down by:

- A manual on how to operate the hicap would have been nice since it was my first time with an AEG.

- Even though I already had a pack of ICS BB's, some extra in a little pack would have been nice... but not too bothered about that.

Very impressed with the MP5's. Good built quality and it fires with great power. I was however, expecting a bit more shiny metal look instead of well polished one that looks like high quality plastic.

3.Do they do nice service after selling to you?

Don't need it yet (hopefully I wont either ;)) but it was pretty quick delivery. So yeah, I'm happy.

You should reinforce your triggerswitch mechanisms. The wires go bad, and the connectors fail giving the gun a bad connection. Try using a tokyo Muarui or a better reinforced model for your switches. I've seen many ICS armalites go down because of this including mine and it is really annoying.

ICS i think you guys should make your hop up systems much better, full metal one piece metal hop ups that don't double feed. I am so fed up of the double feed even when I replaced the hop up bucking. Also you guys use "pot metal" on your metal parts, I think that you guys should start using better quality metal for the exterior part. Also make motors that are more reliable and have more torque. And for the m4/m16 series you guys should also make the grip compatible with other grips. Also I dont like the feel of the foregrip, maybe you guys should use something else than ABS plastic.

those are just my 2 cents

well i bought a ics mp5 sd5 and when i first got it , it was in a plain cardboard box with mp5 sd5 written on it but when i saw the box i thought well this must be a serious gun to have a plain box and when i got it out it felt amazing all metal and it has a 1 year warranty and they mean it as my mate fell on the stock of my friends m4 and he sent it of to 01 airsoft and fixed free of charge pretty good i thought.

thanx sam

• 2 weeks later...

I think ICS products are great - the M4 was my first AEG, but I wish ICS guns were compatable with aftermarket parts. This is part of the reason why I bought a full-metal WGC CAR-15. Otherwise, I've got no complaints and I'm really glad to see that ICS has taken an interest in what their customers think.

I got my M4RIS from Elite in Burnley and other suppliers were easy to find.

I wasn't to bothered about the box it came in, it could have been better I suppose but not a major problem for me.

I haven't had any problems with it yet, long may this situation last.

On the whole I am very pleased with my purchase and would certainly buy an ICS product again in the future and fully recommend them to others.

We got some feedback from players that , sometimes in semi auto, once shoot with 2~3 bb.

After we ask for retrun and check , we found the ringleader is BB.

For your reference use good circle for your best gum.

Just like a car need a best oil . :D

OK, what you are saying is use good BBs, which it took me a couple of minutes to figure out. Still doesn't fix the many problems with your guns, and you have still not reacted to the complaints about faulty motors. Or admitted there has been a problem. I have 37 motors to prove there is. Since using e-mail with you didn't help, I tried this forum, but that didn't help. My company has decided to no longer stock ICS guns in favour of CA guns because of recurring problems normally related to faulty factory quality control with the ICS guns. We just don't have the resources to repair new guns before selling them to our customers.

Just recived my MP5 - SD6 from eliteairsoftuk.co.uk and i must say, AMAZING. this is my first propper airsoft gun, before this i had a £30 G36, which was OK, but this is great, the weight of it alone is worth the cost :D

Boxing - great, nice and subtle, yet secure, the instructions are nice too, although a little more detail on opperation might be nice, as a first time user im perhaps too cautious, took a while to find the stock release lever...

Archived