Finding & using ICS products

Air Luka

There was a tear in shipping, I did take really good care of the gun, the hopup was messed up when I ordered it so I had to send it back and the MAG only fed 5-10 shots and then I would have to wind for about 20 sec before it would work. And the color is a light grey with the paint near the selector switch fading off.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of every one in my group, never heard of any issues such as these.

M4 C15 came very nicely packed, colour was a matt black, very nice. :D

Think you were just unlucky mate.

Which supplier?

Maybe a previous model?

Edit: i found my mags played up to start with but with a bit of lube and some feeding they sorted themselves out. Fall winding tends to empty a full mag or very close anyway. :D

I did lube the mags and I do have experience with that so I know how to do that and I bought it off of evike and it is a new gun. I am mainly just saying that Classic Army and Tokyo Marui are better than ICS, acually, even echo1 is better than the ICS split gearbox.

Need to remember that's your experience of the gun. Personally ICS is the best manufactor i've had so far. Anyway, probably leave this here now. As this thread is going to be full of ICS this and ICS that.

ive found ICS MP5's to be horrifically reliable to point of stupidity, ive put an ICS MP5 through the worst treatment possible and it just kept going, my ICS M4 i didnt treat so rough, i did find the split gearbox very well designed, and an excellent touch, as is the working forward assist, only reason i havent thought about buying a new M4 from ICS is that my old one suffered the worst possible barrel wobble. we are talking serious. i had to tighten the screws every few minutes of use, and even after locktightening them it still worked its way loose.

My ISC MP5SD6 was fantastic. Colour/finish great, ROF good, nice sound, solid to hold and has that metal weight. Compared it to TM models and was pleased I'd gone for full metal.

However, it died after a few months, only three or four skirmishes. It made that awful 'gears chewed up' noise mid-skirmish and stopped firing. Turns out the motor wasn't engaged with the mechbox properly - a turn of the screws in the pistol grip base fixed the problem. I discovered this by accident though months later (bought Galaxy MP5Ks in the meantime to use until I could afford upgrade mechbox).

I found the ICS hi-cap to be less reliable than a cheap clone I bought at same time as the gun. Bought some Star/MAG mid-caps (can't remember which) and they work fine and really enhance the game experience. Wish some manufacturers would include a set of mid-caps with new guns instead of the obligatory hi-cap. I know some like them but I don't think I'll ever go back after using mid-caps.

Now I've fixed my MP5SD6 and it's working fine I'd gladly go for ICS again, but would just check all screws were tightened next time! In fact, if ICS did MP5Ks in full metal I'd be tempted to upgrade my Galaxy Ks to ICS ones...

• 2 weeks later...

My local airsoft shop doesn't carry ics, according to them its because of the proprietary parts for ics aeg's, plus due to some reliability issues with ICS aeg's.

The packaging on the ICS CAR-97 (M4) that I received arrive in a brown cardboard box with burgundy color suede molding to hold the gun in place, the manual that is included needs some improvement, especially on the section of maintenance. The packaging doen't really matter to me much, its the quality of the product that count most.

Since this is my first AEG, I recieved my gun from Blazingtoys.com last July, 2007 I dont' know much about the internal workings of this toys and after only two days of plinking with it, the gun stop shooting bb's, since it got a 30 days warranty from Team SD, the official distributor of ICS here in CA, I called them and they walk me thru it to make a quick troubleshooting and I find out that there is a piece of black plastic in between the lower gearbox, which turn out to be a part of the tappet plate, so I have to send it over to them at my own expense(sending it over to them and sending it back to me, about $20), I also told Team SD Service Department about the time the gun is shooting in full-auto when it was set on semi-auto mode, and upon my inspection the wiring coming from the foregip going to the lower gearbox is pinched and there is a small slit on the insulation. It took them 16 days to fix a broken tappet plate! And the problem with the firing selector was not taken care of and also the issues with the wiring. I don't know if ICS company really have some kind of control over their product distributor or not, but obviously this is an unacceptable service performance from the consumer point of view and this can affect the ICS Company's reputations.

Question to ICS:

Sorry if this has been asked before. Does ICS plan on releasing a 7mm lower gearbox for the M4/M16 series. I think a lot of users would like the option of installing 7mm Bearing Bushings.

Thanks

Tome

1.Is it easy to buy a ICS product in your area?

The only way for me to acquire ICS goods is online. I bought mine from Zero One Airsoft.

2.What is the first impression you have when you open color box and shoot?

The contents were well packaged and unlikely to be disturbed during transport, this is a good thing. As for the rifle - everything I could ask for: it's solid, well built and comfortable to hold and use.

3.Do they do nice service after selling to you?

Zero One are apparently the sole distributor of ICS products, and can apparently get any replacement parts for ICS gear. This is something I'm going to have to ask them about, as I want an ICS AK bolt for my heavily modified TM AK47. Overall, I'm happy with the service Zero One provide.

One last thing, I bought the M4 RIS, and it's one of the best rifles I've owned.

bought mine via zero one, so yes

2.What is the first impression you have when you open color box and shoot

well the box was really good, everything inside was very well presented. the instruction manuel could do with some changes.

the gun itself was great with a few exeptions. the handguard feels really bad and looks really fake. also im scared of dropping it in case it smashes.

the magazine doesnt feel very secure in the holder, it moves about a bit when its locked in.

its a shame the selector switch doesnt tell you what mode its in on the opposite side.

also would be nice if the bolt catch worked sorta like the real thing

the gun is still working fine, 6 months later so everythings ok

I am the sales representitive of Estonian biggest airsoft shop www.hobby-style.ee

We sell ICS products for almost one year now and we are extremely happy with them. You get the superb quality internals like Tokyo Marui and they are strong and reliable and you also get a very nice full metal body. The production line is very large that varies from plain stock M4-s to RIS AK74-s. And the prices are ok also.

1) Yes

2)The color boxes are nice, but it would be nice to get some targets and such.

3)But of course. ICS airsoft rifles, specially the M16/M4 series with superb split gearboxes are so easy to maintain, upgrade or downgrade etc that there is no problem offering after sales services to such nice airsoft equipment.

Thanks,

Bjorn

Where I live, I can only purchase airsoft products online as there are no shops within a 60 mile limit.

The packaging is quite nice, however I personally would have preferred the plain box that others have had as, at the time, I didn't have a gun bag and had to carry the MP5 around in the box to and from sites.

Opened it up, the items were displayed nicely and the MP5SD5 was a beast. I liked the finish and the item felt solid. Plugging in a battery, the rate of fire was nice and it chrono'd in at 321fps. I'm happy with that.

Test firing, the gun was quite accurate and did it's job just fine for a gun with a not so long barrel. I couldn't complain.

I bought my MP5SD5 from ZeroOne and they were great.

I did have a problem however, During my first skirmish with it, after the second game, the gun just mysteriously died. Believing it to be a dead battery, I tried another and that didn't work either but both worked in my AK74. I took the gun to get looked at by someone on site who fixes problems and does repair and he discovered it was a loose connection on the motor (?) in the pistol grip which he just crimped correctly. A little shoddy that it wasn't crimped correctly whilst being manufactured. Luckily it works like a dream now.

• 2 months later...

to celebrate coming xmas and new year period,ICS issued specail edition.

available in each country from 20 Nov.

each AEG assembled with upgraded internal and included several accessory in discount price.

please check below link for each detail:

http://www.icsbb.com/eicsbb/abou_news1.asp?ID=119

http://www.icsbb.com/eicsbb/abou_news1.asp?ID=120

http://www.icsbb.com/eicsbb/abou_news1.asp?ID=121

sooner coming new products are CXP,L85 A2 and SIG 551.

cheers

Collecting customer information.

We would like to know:

No. It's not easy to get ahold of any airsoft equiptment where I am, because I have no local stores. Also, there are only a few dealers in the US that'll stock ICS stuff because of you guy's reputation for having substandard quality out of the box.

For you guy's AK-74, I found it had a horrid hopup system and jammed regualarly. Also, the supplied hicap mags that come with your AK are rubbish, and the fire selector was very difficult to operate, and had a tendancy to get stuck in full auto or just not function at all. I did like the finish, it was excellent, and the two hicap thing adds value for the AK.

As for yall's M4's, I really love your two stage gearbox. Finish was pretty good, and I found it quite relyable.

decent, yeah, but not stellar.

*It's best to include shop name and your location if you have question

:wizard:

• 1 month later...

Archived