Which should I get?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

• G&P 4x32 ACOG
    • Replica aimpoint
    • Replica Elcan
    • Real EOtech
    • Others, please state which...

I am going to get a barrel and flashhider for my m14 to make it into a M1a scout with RAS. So once I get the barrel my rifle will be almost finish except I need to choose a combat optic for it. At the moment I am pretty set on the GP acog. But I want to know if I have missed any combat optic that would be good. My budget is around $240US and £120. So what should I get?

I also really like the eotech but as a medium range rifle, I don't think the eotech goes well with it... Althou it would be cool as it's not a replica...

If money is no object (which I assume, since you have the quite expensive EoTech on your list of possibilities), I'd go for a ACOG scope with additional Mini-Dot Sight (Optima 2000 for example, or the Jpoint ones).

Take this, remove the dummy sight and replace the dummy with this(scroll down to the last pic on that page).

Then you'll have the best of both worlds for the price of an EoTech. :D

I'd say an EoTech if money is no object. Instead of 'replicas' you can have a real sight that is fully capable of withstanding the rigors you want to put it through. The problem lies in the fact do you want a red dot? Or something with magnification?

All I can say is, I've seen cracked replica Aimpoints and whatnot, but I've never seen a broken EoTech - plus the fact that even if it does get cracked or even some of the glass is missing - the sight will still work.

Its a very nice piece of hardware - I have the 551 model on my real steel Rock River M4 and I like it better than the real Aimpoint Comp M2 I have.

-Slo

sorry for posting it in theh wrong section..

The thing thou is I don't actually know whether I want magnification. Red dots are good enough for 100m for real steels in most conditions so eotech is the most rational choice as I also prefer unlimited eye relief with fast aiming. BUT I want to make the scout looking like a marksman or medium range rifle so ACOGs are going to look more like that. The breaking problem probably isn't that big since I would just put a ARD in front of the ACOG so it's protected. Also, money is not such a big problem but even thou I could buy an eotech, if I brought the ACOG then I could probably buy some other stuff with the money left or just save it for next time...

but then... I've wanted an eotech for a long time and I can mount it to the front of the rifle on the RAS to justify having a RAS on the rifle since I don't plan on putting anything on it...

I've still seen Eotechs on M14s, and you say you want a medium range rifle look, well the M14 isn't exactly used for CQB. So do they not use reddots for medium range, and scopes for longer ranges?

I'd go for the Eotech, i mean the Acog replica costs a pretty penny, so why not spend a bit more and get something far better but with added pimp value?

However thats just me :)

Yes - but it's the last red dot you'll ever have to buy. :D

It -

A: looks dead sexy

B: guys at your field will envy you and hate you at the same time

C: it will outlast every AEG you have . . .

. . .and D: Did I mention it looks dead sexy?

Seriously though - bang for buck, it can't be beat - especially when compared to an aimpoint - I'm speaking real stuff for the moment - when the KAC and GG&G Cantilever mounts are nearly as much as the scope itself - bleh. I spent nearly 500 for my M2 and my GG&G mount - and honestly, if I wasn't so tied with my stuff, I'd sell it, because i get more use out of EoTech while at the range.

If you have any M4s, P90s, or MP5s with a rail - you can mount it on those too - and it will look just as awesome. And don't worry too much about it getting shot out - The EoTech lense is definitely tough enough to take a bb.

-Slo

Archived