Western Loadout.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blokhed, the gun you are looking for might be the long version of the gun discussed here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...showtopic=45718

The company is called TW or something, you can find it here:

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/trade/itemli..._category_id=23

metal shells, takes green and red gas hehehe what more could you ask for. One of the members here ( the guy that started the tread in the first link) says he will get in a shipment at the beginning of march. I'm keeping a close eye on that ehhe.

Good luck~

andy.

I have to agree with the other members here in recomending the Marushin winchester M1887. I bought one a while back and have been delighted with my purchase. I wrote a review of it here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...2&hl=winchester

It looks great, works well, and has great power and "spread". About the only negative thing I can say about it is that on my example, the ejections is less than reliable. However it is a simply matter to pluck the shell from the cradle is it does not eject correctly.

I've used it several times now in our CQB games and it has served me very well. I've gotten seven or eight kills with it in the last two games and the local players seem to have an almost pathelogical fear of it! :P (must be the idea of three 8mm BBs zipping down range with each trigger pull!)

"Trench Raider"

I have to agree with the other members here in recomending the Marushin winchester M1887.  I bought one a while back and have been delighted with my purchase.  I wrote a review of it here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...2&hl=winchester

It was your review that originally prompted me to buy it, so thank you, Trench Raider.

The only other thing I hope for right now is that the TW sawed-off drops in price a bit. I just spent $243 (+shipping) on the full size 1887; a sawed-off with much simpler mechanisms should run a bit less, I'd think. I got my real steel double-barrel (with functional hammers) for $220. I'll have a hard time reconciling that with my checkbook if I pay as much or more for a cut-down airsoft version.

At the end of the day, though, I'm just glad someone made it.

All I know is that you can't cock like the westerns, I was gonna buy one but ICS M4 RIS seems more important

I assukme you mean to 'fan' the hammer. No, that would not be a good idea.

However, the trigger sear on one of my SAA's has failed but I can still cock and fire with the hammer, single shots.

And onother useful thing about the Tanaka SAA's is that they have a tube alongside the barrel that will hold at leat 10 more rounds, and as the chambers empty and the cylinder rotates, they get filled again as each empty chamber passes the tube's end. Quite a shock for your opponent when you can fire 16 rounds from a 6 shooter!

My revolvers are SAA Artillery and Cavalry (7 inch barrel on that one) by Tanaka. Super Red Hawk and Raging Bull (Marushin), S&W M29 .45 Magnum (Tanaka) and a Police and Military M10 (Tanaka).

All superb guns and well worth buying. The Super Red Hawk and Raging Bull are both 8mm round bores. All others are 6mm.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I did it. I ordered the KTW Winchester 1873 yesterday from WGC. My load-out is nearly complete. I'm eyeing the Marushin 8mm Derringer next, though the reviews make it seem like a waste of money.

I skirmished with my Tanaka SAA (Jungletoy Special) last weekend, and forgot that I needed heavier BBs with it. After 20 feet the BBs shot nearly straight up. There was one shoot-out I got into with a friend of mine, though, that was pretty fun. We were the last two left, and he just had a gas pistol as well. After exchanging shots from bunkers not more than 20 feet from one another, we finally charged each other and shot one another up from about 6 feet away. If I'd thought about it, I should have fanned the gun at that range. Ah well. It was a satisfying end to the match. I got him once and he got me once.

Can't wait to try the 1873 Winchester!

Can't wait to hear how it goes!! I was looking at the KTW Randal Custom on GnG (as ever ;) ) as an option for another spring rifle, but I had to prioritise and other techy needs came first!

The only issue in my mind is justifying the KTW Randall Custom in terms of the Sun Project XP900. Its not the same era, style, or even action as the western option of course, but I really want a spring powered bolt action sawn-off rifle for The Collection, and its a toss-up between the two of 'em.

Madness.

I really don't know if I can justify another western rifle (that would make it three) without getting another western pistol first, and I really can't move another SAA up the list any further and there are already about 10 guns I have to get before another SAA, otherwise I would be cheating myself in other areas :) I'm sure some of you know exactly what I mean.

Hmmm. Its always a bugger to decide, isn't it? :lol:

evilhippy, I wish I had your problems. ;)

Ok, a month ago while looking up the KTW 1873 I found a UK site that had a weird version of it for sale. It came with a white (faux ivory?) stock and forearm and a "buckskin" rifle case. Now for the life of me I can't remember or find that site again. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? They had a US retailer as well, but the US retailer didn't carry the Winchester.

GAH!

Blokhed, Lookin' forward to hearing your report on the KTW1873. I'm lucky to be in the dilemma of having to choose between a western loadout (KTW1873 + Tanaka SAA) or a TM M14.

Decisions, decisions, decisions . . . .

Maybe if we get enough Western Loadouts out there, we could have the ultimate vacation: Airsoft Westworld.

Westworld_DVD_cover.jpg

That would be so awesome its untrue. I get to be the Yul Bryner robot though, I'll go down a couple of times before I go totally crazy and start using real bullets :D

Then die for real. All in a day's work for a psychotic cowboy android *tips hat*

I did email GunsNGuys about both versions, and am awaiting their reply. The thing with them is you can't use Paypal, you have to do a wire transfer. I am not well versed in such things. I imagine it might not be that hard, but it's much nicer taking care of the whole thing from here at my desk.

Archived