I noticed the other week, when looking through the member list that we had nearly 2500 members that have joined over 2 months ago but have never posted. I don't know much about web hosting, but isn't having these members taking up space. But my question realy is, if you join and never post, is there a time limit before your file is deleted.

Just wondering.

-Desolation.

Hehe, I don't think it'd take up much space in the database. The database just need to create 2500 account records for them, and that shouldn't take more than a few KB.

I believe there is advantage for being a member other than the ability to post. For instance, you can PM other members, and one time I was looking for something to buy, I posted in the wanted section, and was contacted by someone with zero post count. The deal went smoothly.

Moreover, I think only members gets to view the gallery, so some people might just want to see others' collections.

I am not sure if there's an expiration time if your account is inactive long enough. Perhaps, Arnie can tell us that.

About this actually. This is one of my friends that only joined to go to Arnie Geddon and as soon as I say to go on he just ignores me. Now I don't really think this is on for it to be a members only event so people sign up and do use the forums so they can get tickets without knowing a member. Could you set up a system where people like that would get an email after a time warning them to start becoming an active member or face deletion.

As that's more of an AG question, I'll try and answer. The first AG was for forum members only, as we had quite a limited number of places. For the second event, we were able to accomodate more people, so opened it up to non-forum members. The advantage to being an Arnie's member was that your name tag would have you username and avatar on it, rather than just "Guest" and a generic avatar. So if people only joined up to register for AG, it's not a problem that I can see.

I seem to recall this issue being raised before, and Arnie saying that these members who don't post don't take up any appreciable amount of space, so there's no point deleting them. Also, there are some people who don't post often, but who every so often post something amazingly useful. These people are less likey to post if they find they have to re-register their account.

Bottom line: it ain't a problem.

:zorro: