Walther Picture Thread

Hmm.  I don't really know enough about Walthers to know what's going on here. Chopped PPK/S frame with PPK mags?  Can't see why anyone would do that.  Must be a simpler explanation.

Unless it's an airsoft mishmash with Zeke PPK/PPK/S kits.

Puresilver, where did you find that?

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it on WaltherForums; the gun is a genuine Smith & Wesson-built PPK/S. The PPK/S itself was a response to the GCA 1968, which instituted the 'points system' under which pistols imported to the US had to meet a certain points threshold, with some features being awarded a certain amount of points. The original PPK didn't meet that threshold (by one point), so Walther married the PPK's slide to the PP's frame to increase the weight enough to carry it over, creating the PPK/S.

The S&W-built PPK/S has, like FireKnife noted, an extended beavertail on what looks to be a PPK-length frame. I think they dropped the PP frame once they started making them inside the USDM.

Nope, if it is a PPK/S it has a PP base frame as it has the 7 rounds of .380 / 9mm Short capacity that the PP has.

The PPK frame has one less round and features grips that wrap around, similar to the P226, unlike the PP which are panels like a 1911.

The beavertail is on all PPK and PPK/S models which are all now made in the US by S&W. The PPK/E is the ones you get from Germany and are cheaper than a more traditional PPK.

Also little odd trinket. The S in PPK/S stands for 'Sport' which is a bit of an in-joke seeing as how the GCA of 1968 regarded 'sporting' pistols and in order to be a sporting pistol (i.e. legal for civilians to own) it had to pass the aforementioned criteria. So it was called the Sport just so it had a name :).

Like I said I like the PPK and it is one of those guns, like the 1911, that I just know a fair bit about. Still never shot a real one though.

'FireKnife'

Have shot a few and owned an couple or Erma copies, one in 8mm blank the other a .22lr. Have also used a PP Sport iirc which was the Elvish longer barrelled one with target sights and an extended hammer spur.

Funnily enough I have never picked up on the wrap around/ non wraparound grips before.

• 3 weeks later...

You would think on an expensive metal kit they would have been able to spell Alexandria right with no 'F' in it :P.

Though the PP is nice, not a golden gun fan myself but I wouldn't have minded a PP kit (or a proper airsoft PPK but that is different).

'FireKnife'

You would think on an expensive metal kit they would have been able to spell Alexandria right with no 'F' in it :P.

Though the PP is nice, not a golden gun fan myself but I wouldn't have minded a PP kit (or a proper airsoft PPK but that is different).

'FireKnife'

Guess who's the owner of that PPK :)

That F is no big deal, trust me :)

Getting back to us..

FM Prime P99, threaded outer barrel, silencer and Laser Devices BA-6:

2014_10_30_11_24_07.jpg

2014_10_30_11_18_19.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have to say, WE P38k, instant better looking with wood grip. 

Grips from Altamont came with a screw that were to short and I could only find a M3 hex screw but still looks nice in my opinion  :D

Also using a shorter silencer than the one it came with, using silencer from WE Makarov

tumblr_nydordcq2a1ur6nigo1_1280.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Umarex/VFC/Stark Arms Walther PPQ M2 GBB pistol with full markings and a custom "Project RS Case" pistol case setup :D

Shot with Nikon D600 DSRL. Exposure calibrated, white balance calibrated, exposure corrected, white balance corrected and color corrected.

nx_walther_ppq_lhs_on_top_of_box.png

nx_walther_ppq_rhs_on_top_of_box.png

nx_walther_ppq_top_shot.png

So I "had" to (OCD) re-work these in Adobe Lightroom after taking a crash course via Lynda.com. If I could edit the pics in the above post or remove it I would :o

(Not that anyone will be able to tell. But I can :P )

Sowwy.

nx_umarex_walther_ppq_studio_shots-2.jpg

nx_umarex_walther_ppq_studio_shots-3.jpg

nx_umarex_walther_ppq_studio_shots-1.jpg

• 11 months later...