Walther Picture Thread

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too :( Soon, soon....

Seeing as we're here, and as it would be beneficial to mike77 as well as myself; can you guys tell us if the Maruzen P99s have any common issues or is there anything noteworthy about them.

I have read rumour before that they can be problematic, but never heard from an actual owner. Cheers guys

I would be searching of course, but you guys do own these and have pictures already, so I guess you'd be in the know right from the off :)

mine and screaming weasel's brother both have / had issues with our maruzen p99 gbb.

they wouldny cycle properly so that it wouldnt load a bb in the chamber and fire the next shot just blow back about 1cm. it worked fine tho everytime it came to a skirmish lol, just inbetween it liked to die on me.

also, the p99 has a manufacturing fault, after a while the magazine catch will wear down and have to be reformed by heating it up and bending it although the problem will come back.

the problem is that the catch won't hold the magazine in place properly so it sits lower in the mag well and causes the gun to mis feed and jam.

i sold mine to sid who did a tempory fix on the catch, if you ask him nicely he might be able to help.

Sold (swapped, I think, actually) mine ages ago, but the slide was the standard plastic slide.

Was a very nice gun, but, like all Maruzens felt a bit fragile.

Someone once mentioned that they solved the mag release problem with a thin coat of 'chemical metal' filler.

Cheers

Edited by snowman

Know what you mean if the type U series are typical of maruzen pistols - the micro uzi is a demon for spitting BBs but feels dangerously close to rupturing every time it does so.

And as for the MP5K and all R22 shenanigans with that one.....

Richie_J, and indeed anyone: Any news on the SIIS P99 release date? (I've never heard of it tbh) Will it be before feb 2006 when the VCR will probably take effect...?

Genius, cheers dude. English translated version here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...hl%3Den%26lr%3D

God bless you, google old chum :D.

I love Engrish more than ever now;

"S two s, the cancer/gun * cylinder HFC134A 620g of established reputation furthermore increasing in quantity until recently from the item, re-debut.

Fire away the remaining amount ringing in the air!"

Uh huh? huh?

Huh.

The two words are similar or interchangeable in Japanese I believe. Kinda worrying really, imagine if the VCR touters get hold of that ;

"And in Japan!! the word for gun!! is the same as CANCER!!! Guns will give you CANCER!!!!"

- Exclamation marks used in place of that strange linguistic technique of putting stooopidly high inflections into the middle of perfectly ordinary sentences. Often used by militant idiots with an axe to grind.

Maruzen tactical version 3, or thw fixed set? If it's the GBB Ver.III can you tell me if the silencer, rail mount and light are removeable?

Cheers man, I was looking at this but I really wanted the standalone gun, and a silenced version all in one if possible. Has to be GBB too, I'm a slut for GBBs :D

hey its all takeable apartable :D

meaning you can take the silencer off, the lam unit andthe ris rail all off.

it isthe tact 3 kit,

im sure youve seen the new p990 i think there basicaly the same but with WA internals so maybe more reliable than the maruzen internals... damn blow back crappy grrr :( i had problems with mine and sold it on.

No sign of the SIIS version yet, maybe the NBB would actually be a good choice here then - I've heard it is very good, and reliable as far as anyone knows. I need.....SnOwMaN!!! he he he I think I'll go peruse justpistols for a bit

Edit: perusal in process

Done!

.......hmmmm. Maybe, mixed signals here. Fudge it, I'll get whatever comes to hand easiest when I place a bigger order :D

Edited by evilhippy

I'll post some pics in a bit...

Regarding the problem with the mag-catch, the problem actually seems to be that the catch is made from some kind of very hard alloy but the magazine is sleeved in steel which has VERY sharp edges.

As a result, the mag catch wears out.

The mags are responsible for a LOT of the problems with Maruzen P99s IMO.

The other thing that my P99 does a lot is double feeding which I reckon is because the magazine feed lips are of a bizarre seperate design, all held together by the magazine shell.