Goggles

snake_goth

My friend and I both bought the Wiley-X SG-1 and I've had some problems with fogging.  I'm more annoyed that the lenses scratched a bit too easily.  My firend, however, has had few scratch problems, but can't wear them for over five minutes without getting fogged up.  We've moved onto both owning Bolle X800s now.

I suppose you got the first version of the SG-1. There are new vented lenses available now with 2 small slots on each of the lenses near the temple.

The current S.W.A.T. Magazine has a review about both the SG-1 and CQC. According to the authour Denny Hansen you may also remove sections of the Ultra-Foam to keep the goggles from fogging up.

i have a pair of 500s, if i were you i advise you to get the 800s or commandos due to the rubber surroundings.

When i wear my 500s on a hot day the sponge surroundings just soak up my sweat and it is really uncomfortable.

I like the x800s since it basically fogless due to the small gap between the frame and lense (not big enough for the bb to go thru) and the rubber surounding making it comfortable and doesnt soak up ur sweat.

i have heard people say 500s are better for people who wear glasses. Well thats not tru cause my m8 wears glasses while wearing his x800s on top.

if you prefer the design of the 500s then i say go for the commando due to the foamless design

Our team exclusively uses the ESS Turbo Cam. Out of the box this a great goggle, however I would recommend trading out the lenses for the ESS thermal version. Total cost US is $120 for the goggle and $20 for the upgraded lens. Expensive solution but if you cant see the game stinks.

Note: the thermal lens I believe are only available directly from ESS.

Hope this helps.

I also use the T800. Great but I seem to get fog with these but they do work well with my AN/PVS – 7B

So would the x500 fit over my glasses or would i be better of getting a paintballing mask?

Even though without knowing your specs I can give you a 99% probability that the x500 will fit over them, because I suppose you don't belong to the remaining 1% excentrics with glasses of the size of Pamela Anderson's ... err ... you know what I mean :rolleyes: .

Even though without knowing your specs I can give you a 99% probability that the x500 will fit over them, because I suppose you don't belong to the remaining 1% excentrics with glasses of the size of Pamela Anderson's ... err ... you know what I mean  :rolleyes:  .

Heh, they are quite small ones that cover just my eyes

Does anyone know where i can grab a paor of them from. I would use google but i've just finished work and im pooped

Archived