Goggles

snake_goth

i whant to get some bollie googles but i dont know what ones.. eather 500, 800 or comando, i whant sumthing i can use a scope with as i might be geting a famas soon and ime guna put a scope onto it, also i have a british mk6 helmet so i dont... know if... nm.. anny way, what do you ppl think i should get?

X800 is the slimmest looking one and do not have the rubber surrounding the lense

X500, commando and defender are all designed for use with a helmet. X800 as well.

as for the scope thing, you may want to borrow someone elses bolle to try if your "scope-looking-position" is good for use with bolles

X800s give you the best (imo) view

X500s and commandos have the most face-coverage

defender is i think the hardest of the lot. they certainly look bulky.

how much you buying them for?

i have mesh ones, but mesh in woodland means u cant see anny movement

Mesh masks are great because they don't steam up, but they do limit your ability to see movement, and they aren't as good in low-light games.

theres a pair of bollé glasses in the AEG starter pack from A2, there pretty nice. theres something i learned to sstop goggles steaming up, put washing up liquid(safeway ownbrand stuff) on the inside of the lense and polish it off. Thanks mum. :lol::D

Mesh might work in daytime, but try it at night. Your vision is so bad you might as well close your eyes. That's why I go with glass goggles. Sure they might steam up, but if they're high quality, like Bolles are, they'll get steamed only in extreme situations.

Lo all

Just a quick comment on other goggles, sorry if your not interested in them but! Theres a company based in the UK that sell EPS goggles for quite reasonable prices, starting at around 25 pounds for most models. There all military spec. as well and thus can stand up to shotgun blasts etc.! Ill try and find the link for you, I have a pair and must say that they are of very good quality.

Cheers

Matthais_31

i whant to get some bollie googles but i dont know what ones.. eather 500, 800 or comando, i whant sumthing i can use a scope with as i might be geting a famas soon and ime guna put a scope onto it, also i have a british mk6 helmet so i dont... know if... nm.. anny way, what do you ppl think i should get?

I have a Bolle x500 tactical. It's rather big, but convenient to wear. As all goggles the x500 would fog up after soaking your sweat into the foam. It has gaps on each side making it comfortable to wear with glasses. There are different coloured visors on the market, but no grey tint or others suitable for sunny days.

I also have a pair of Wiley X SG-1 goggles/sunglasses. They have ballistic lenses (clear and grey tint) and are widely used by US Troopers. Can be worn as sunglasses or as tactical goggles with helmet, boonie hat etc. Everything is included in the package. Btw, they look cool.

The ESS are great for fogging, as long as you rip out the foam around the sides. (There's still a hard rubber part, with perforations too small for BBs, so it's still totally safe) I haven't had any fogging problems. The only issues I've had stemmed from the fact that my sweat got into my eyes and glasses, but that'll happen with any goggles.

"spintering bbs" ? tosh! not at Uk bb speed restrictions!

mesh is far better for those with glasses- lenses that "might" steam up just drive the nails into the coffin of glasses wearers.

Me, I use contacts on game days, and am too sweaty to use goggles, so stick to mesh. works fine for me, and as long as you keep your head still, spotting movement is not a problem.

do uu mean the WileyX CQC Goggles.... ime looking at them and i think i might get them

No, I meant the SG-1 and not the CQC.

The SG-1 looks more like normal sunglasses, which makes them better looking in my opinion.

But I also have the CQC. How much would you pay for it?

My friend and I both bought the Wiley-X SG-1 and I've had some problems with fogging. I'm more annoyed that the lenses scratched a bit too easily. My firend, however, has had few scratch problems, but can't wear them for over five minutes without getting fogged up. We've moved onto both owning Bolle X800s now.

Archived