Tax on gear?

ColDaz

Yes, I did search (have a look:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...te=Tax+on+gear).

So no whining ;).

I was just wondering what the chances of getting taxed for importing gear to the country, which in this case would be a holster and a couple of mag pouches.

I wondered if the tax you have to pay on airsoft imported is specifically for importing immitation weapons, or if this applies to all stuff imported from abroad, which in this case is America.

If I'm being ignorant of simple facts, please point me in the right direction, but otherwise, any help is appreciated.

Daz

PS: This is about gear, but I feel it is more relevent in General Discussion rather than Gear Discussion, but please feel free to move if you feel it belongs there.

I've been looking into this and it is 20% plus say 1%-5% depending on what it is classed as. If it is an airsoft gun like the AK47 i'm longing for it is classed as a toy so 4%.

Attached is a list from HM Tax thing of common items. I dunno if a holster would count as clothing or something else. Then again if it costs less than £35 pounds there is no charge.

If you are really, really lucky you will get no tax to pay at all!

Common_Internet_goods.pdf

Just looking around to be honest.

I was looking at Blackhawks site (www.blackhawk.com) 'cause I like their products and the guarentee etc.

Wondering whether it would be worth ordering directly from them or through another retailer in the UK if I can find what I want.

Cheers for your help mate.

Oh, and I reckon it will come under clothing or maybe even excercise apparatur (shrug).

Archived